Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Foo228']Some good games in there (most were ass kickings from you to me tho lol)

Craziest thing I remembered: you killed yourself before I ended up dying (w/ wolf?). After that I felt like you just gave me the majority of my wins. (again, You were previously kicking my ass!) Thanks for playing so late too.[/quote]
Yeah, I figured I'd start playing as characters I've rarely ever been before. But then I started winning with them, so I was like, "better turn on items". :lol:
Then things just got crazy and I started dying left and right. The smash balls made things interesting.

Jack, I may be on in an hour (If I'm not then I'm sorry). Foo add me and I'll do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad D']Jack, I may be on in an hour (If I'm not than I'm sorry). Foo add me and I'll do the same.[/quote]

Alright will do.

edit: in for some right now Jack?

[quote name='Foo228']Alright will do.

edit: in for some right now Jack?[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Basic Brawl for the past hour, but I'll play a few more matches.

Edit: Good games Foo228. Sorry about not playing very long.

[quote name='Jack']I've been playing Basic Brawl for the past hour, but I'll play a few more matches.

Edit: Good games Foo228. Sorry about not playing very long.[/quote]

Np, I loved Pika vs. Pika though

edit: don't know who merc was (friend of jack's...?) but he kicked my ass in each match

where u at d?

[quote name='Foo228']Np, I loved Pika vs. Pika though

edit: don't know who merc was (friend of jack's...?) but he kicked my ass in each match

where u at d?[/QUOTE]
I'm on now.

I'm about to log off in a few minutes, sorry if we don't get to play tonight Foo. Next time.

Not a problem...I've been online this entire time (can't go to sleep for some reason) so guess I should've checked this thread earlier.

How does 1 am sound for tomorrow?

[quote name='lilboo']I should play this sometime again. But ugh at the online sometimes :([/QUOTE]

The later you play, the less people on the server making the lag virtually not there. (or so it seems)

What time you thinking suko?

[quote name='Foo228']The later you play, the less people on the server making the lag virtually not there. (or so it seems)

What time you thinking suko?[/QUOTE]

Probably anytime around 8PM-11PM EST. Not 100% yet.

Upcoming business:

July 11, Somewhere in Austin
July 12, Corpus Christi or Beaumont
July 19, Dallas or Waco
July 26, Houston, Planet Zero Arcade

Sorry for not making it JFD. I actually went to bed (accidently) around 10 PM and fell asleep. I guess I was more tired than I thought.

[quote name='hero101']Anyone up for a game soon?
No more of those late night games for me any more.[/QUOTE]
I'll be on for a few games (but if you don't see me on it's because I left to go eat something).

I guess I'm going to test out playing with a phat gamecube controller today. Those wireless controllers might not be so responsive.
Darn it, he is fighting sammy.

Good games Jack. I feel that anger and spamchu. Very intense matches.

mm...No more late night fun, hero?

Guess I'll have to revert to regular ol' hours (aside from tonight ;))...anyone willing to play soon? anytime from 11:30 to midnight to start is fine with me.

I'm up for some gaming tonight Foo228, I live in Hawaii so I will be 5 hours behind you. I added you already but heres my friend code for everyone else.

Friend code: 1204-0848-0600

[quote name='Foo228']
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who merc is. I think he/she is a friend of another CAG.

Good games yesterday Hero101. I like playing earlier in the evening.

Protip: Google your town/nearby towns + some variation of (Smash/Brawl) (tourny/tournament).

You might come across some local thing put on by a small group that the pros dont know about, so you can go and clean house. I won a qualifier today for another slightly bigger tournament where the winner gets a $100 gift card. Even though it was 4 player Free for all with 5 items (Smashballs, pokeballs, assists, smart bombs, dragoon), it was a cakewalk. They were so clueless about the game that they didnt know enough to be impressed when they should have been.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']If thrashing kids 10 years+ younger than me is wrong, then I dont want to be right.[/quote]

Which is understandable if it gets you $100 dollar gift cards. I wish I had the means to do something like that...

You people don't even understand the full dark power at work here.

I seen it. DMK takes empty boxes that he's wrapped up in wrapping paper, and gives it to the kids when they utterly fail against him. They get this wide-eyed look of happiness and eagerly rip open the box, only to stare at the dark emptiness within.

That's when DMK cackles like a cartoon villian and screams out "THE BOX HAS WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO IN YOUR LIFE - NOTHING! Bwabhwbawhbawlabwmawubawbawlbaw!"

Yes. He really does laugh like that.

FFAs with items are such an unpredictable scenario, even with noobs. One round I was the first to die. Then I had to dodge a dragoon shot during two rounds, because those kids at least know enough to gun for the strongest one there.

I switched to Snake since he's heavier and hits harder, and then I went G&W for the finals, which was 1v1 (2 advance from each set of 4). Died right after he did the first time, so it was even with 2 lives left. I two stocked him from there, but it was ridiculous that it was even that close for any length of time.

Edit: Listen, I feed on human suffering, alright? Some days, I dont even need to eat.

[quote name='hero101']We just finished brawl. PM foo if you want to.[/QUOTE]

Awesome games, bummer about all the falls that took place. Btw, howd you start off w/ zero suit? I loved all the tiny/giant matches (as well as how we started with the same exact lucas)

[quote name='Foo228']Awesome games, bummer about all the falls that took place. Btw, howd you start off w/ zero suit? I loved all the tiny/giant matches (as well as how we started with the same exact lucas)[/quote]
You hold right (or left I think) on the Gamecube/Classic controller when you choose Samus in the character selection screen.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']You hold right (or left I think) on the Gamecube/Classic controller when you choose Samus in the character selection screen.[/QUOTE]
I think he means the shield buttons, not the joystick. From the Smash dojo:
[quote name='Sakurai']On the character-selection screen, you can start a brawl as Zero Suit Samus by selecting Samus and holding down one of the shield buttons until you move to the stage-selection screen.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back