Super Smash Bros Brawl Pre-Order $43.66 at Sams Club

Midnight launch event, huh? Wonder if they'll have it hooked up for play on one of those huge TVs they have? I think I'll do this and cancel my pre-order at Circuit City - it's worth the 3 bucks to get it a bit early, plus Sam's is probably more likely to have it since who the hell would think to pre-order there?

Edit: I'm getting a "this item is not available" error.

[quote name='raheel616']i pre ordered at gamestop, anyway to get my money back?[/QUOTE]

Just go and tell them you wanna cancel the reservation... you'll need a good excuse though as they won't give it up easily.

Is there really going to be a run on this game? I mean, are quantities limited? Will this be going for much more on ebay on launch day?

[quote name='Vinny']Just go and tell them you wanna cancel the reservation... you'll need a good excuse though as they won't give it up easily.[/QUOTE]

They could care less if you cancel. You cannot get your $5 back but you can keep in their system or move the $5 to another game. I have pre-ordered games there numerous times, not ended up buying them there, and then moving the $5 to another game or using it toward a purchase the next time I buy something.

I have a sams membership, I'll be stopping by my local sams later this week and checking this out. If they have a midnight launch, I'm more than game.

Thanks for the heads up people of this thread.

[quote name='LuisRM']Is there really going to be a run on this game? I mean, are quantities limited? Will this be going for much more on ebay on launch day?[/quote]
I don't know how limited it's going to be for the NA release, but I heard that on release day in Japan only 25% of pre-orders were filled.

[quote name='tankexmortis']I don't know how limited it's going to be for the NA release, but I heard that on release day in Japan only 25% of pre-orders were filled.[/quote]

you obviously haven't seen that they have sold 90% of the supply in Japan which comes to over 1 million units in less than 2 weeks already.

[quote name='jeremywoods']is this the first deal out for this game? jw[/quote]

Aside from the CC $10 Gift Card Deal it is (which I personally don't think is a deal since you can't use it on SSBB). I've been waiting for GS or TRU to do something but it doesn't look like it.

Not trying to thread jack, obviously, since myself, like most others, don't really like doing business with Gamestop unless we can't avoid it, but ...

Gamestop is offering 20% extra trade-in credit towards the reservation of SSBB. Stack that with an Edge card and it's 30%. Trade in Mario Galaxy, which trades in at a high (IMO) $30 and you'll get $39 toward SSBB. I ended up paying about 11 dollars out of pocket for it last night.

If you're like me, you've probably had your fun with Galaxy by now, and you most likely won't be playing it anyway when Brawl drops. Seemed like a good idea to trade it in, especially since I only really paid $25 for it (Toys 'R' Us deal).

bread's done
Back