Super Smash Bros. Brawl Pre-order Promotion Idea.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Probably not.
...speaking of the impossible, wouldn't it be cool if Super Smash Bros came to the DS?[/QUOTE]

that would be sick

I always thought it was in the best interests of Nintendo to release Smash Bros on the VC about 6-8 months before Brawl actually came out. They cash in quickly on the people wanting to play Brawl but can't (for obvious reasons) and all the hype that surrounds a game of that magnitude. But if they release Smash Bros after Brawl is released I think a large number of people would no longer purchase it as they are trapped in Brawl's hypnotism.

[quote name='zerowing']I always thought it was in the best interests of Nintendo to release Smash Bros on the VC about 6-8 months before Brawl actually came out. They cash in quickly on the people wanting to play Brawl but can't (for obvious reasons) and all the hype that surrounds a game of that magnitude. But if they release Smash Bros after Brawl is released I think a large number of people would no longer purchase it as they are trapped in Brawl's hypnotism.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't Wii owners be able to play Brawl and buy the original on the VC instead?

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Why wouldn't Wii owners be able to play Brawl and buy the original on the VC instead?[/quote]

I never play the original since melee ix 10x better. Same reason with Brawl:

Brawl > Melee > Original

[quote name='lordwow']Ya... not going to happen.[/QUOTE]
Yep. They would never give away one of their top VC releases for free with a top Wii release, too much money to be made via VC.

If they don't do this, 75% of Wii owners will buy the game anyway for retail price, and then maybe 15% will purchase the VC game.

If they do this, maybe 76% of Wii ownersw will but the game and then get it on the VC for free, and maybe 0.5% will purchase it without owning Brawl.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Why wouldn't Wii owners be able to play Brawl and buy the original on the VC instead?[/QUOTE]
Why would they have a reason to? Everyone is going to be so wrapped up in Brawl they don't give one flying crap about any other games coming out, let alone one thats 9 years old. I know a lot of people who started with Melee (I am one) and would've downloaded the original to give it a shot and give themselves a different experience from Melee, but like I said, why would they need to if Brawl just came out? It will still sell well regardless of when it comes out, but I think there was more money to be made by releasing it early.

Lets be honest... the last good thing we got for a Nintendo related preorder was for Wind Waker. I can't see them giving a rats ass about preorders anymore.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Brawl doesn't need any pre-order help.[/quote]
Very true.

Hopefully the N64 version will come out on the VC in a month or two to get us ready for Brawl. I would be more then willing to pay $10 for the N64 Super Smash Brothers.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Probably not.
...speaking of the impossible, wouldn't it be cool if Super Smash Bros came to the DS?[/quote]

youd think it would eventually...

and on topic, no.

[quote name='Vinny']Lets be honest... the ONLY good thing we got for a Nintendo related preorder was for Wind Waker.[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Very true.

Hopefully the N64 version will come out on the VC in a month or two to get us ready for Brawl. I would be more then willing to pay $10 for the N64 Super Smash Brothers.[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking if they do come out with Smash 64, it'll be at the $15 mark. Luckily I still have the cartridge. BTW, doesn't the old smash cartridge cost much more than $10 used? (without at specific deals).

[quote name='Zen Davis']Brawl doesn't need any pre-order help.[/QUOTE]

Did Wind Waker need pre-order help? It's not to boost sales, it's to reward fans.

Haha, I hope they don't give any pre-order deals. I already preordered on Amazon (used my PrizeRebel points). Knowing my luck, they probably will have some good promotional deal though.

Let me put it this way.

It's like if Jessica Alba came to you and offered to have sex and you were like, "Only if you give me a pre-order special first". She'd give you the weird evil eye and then walk over to me. It's like that.

[quote name='Zen Davis']Let me put it this way.

It's like if Jessica Alba came to you and offered to have sex and you were like, "Only if you give me a pre-order special first". She'd give you the weird evil eye and then walk over to me. It's like that.[/quote]

Sigged! :lol:

[quote name='Zen Davis']Let me put it this way.

It's like if Jessica Alba came to you and offered to have sex and you were like, "Only if you give me a pre-order special first". She'd give you the weird evil eye and then walk over to me. It's like that.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

bread's done
Back