Super Smash Bros

I thought it was only for being platinum...but I just read a little more into the email.

'
We’re sending this demo to Club Nintendo members like you who achieved Platinum Status between 7/1/2013 and 6/30/2014, registered any Nintendo 3DS product, and chose to receive information from Nintendo at Club Nintendo. Hurry—all codes for this special demo must be redeemed by Sept. 19. Enjoy!

If this is the same one Japan got, then the demo only has 5 characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, MegaMan, and Villager) and only one stage (Battlefield).

Is this how they'll try to get people to reach platinum now that the rewards are all digital? Had plenty of codes to reach platinum and I forgot to enter them but I don't think demos will make me care about Club Nintendo anymore. Would still like a code if someone has an extra one tho.

If this is the same one Japan got, then the demo only has 5 characters (Mario, Link, Pikachu, MegaMan, and Villager) and only one stage (Battlefield).
That's it. I'm liking what I see, but I do wish there were more character. Although, I guess I can't really complain since it's a free demo.

Certainly an interesting way of distributing a demo... if anyone has an extra code, I would also greatly appreciate one. =] 

update: nvm. looks like a friend got one for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, here is the full roster:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Captain Falcon
Charizard
Pit
Dark Pit
Palutena
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Duck Hunt Dog
Dr. Mario
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Greninja
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Little Mac
Lucia
Marth
Robin
Ike
Mega Man
Mii Fighters
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Pac-Man
Pikmin & Olimar
R.O.B.
Rosalina & Luma
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Shulk
Sonic
Villager
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi

Also note that Bowser Jr.'s alternate costumes are the Koopalings. Olimar also has Alph as an alternate.

Does anyone have an extra Smash Bros. demo code for NA? I am a platinum nintendo club member but didn't have email notification selected. Thanks CAG fam!

I got me a code from a fellow CAGer! :whee:

Highly recommend you all follow this thread for some free codes.

Now, it's time to sink some hours to find a worthy main. :D

Demo is pretty fun. Helps that Link and Mario have been my mains in previous Smashes. Controls took some getting used to. Wish you could choose Stock or have Download Play.

What does the S Flag item do? Give an extra kill if you hold it until it powers up?

Demo impressions so far:

- Playing on the 3DS is as sweaty as playing with a GCN controller. :lol:

- Mario > all other demo characters (even though I put more hours into Mega Man). Dat cape and those smashes.

- No c-stick + circle pad = Wii U > 3DS (still fun though).

- Mega Man is fun to play with, but struggles against Mario and probably other projectile reflectors.

P.S.
I heard R.O.B. and Ganondorf beefed up from Brawl. My mains for Brawl and Melee. :bouncy:

I'd intended to make Villager a main through hell or high water. Thankfully he's one of my favorites from the demo.

Mega Man, despite my love for him, just doesn't seem for me. Has anyone found any reason to use his Leaf Shield?

I'd intended to make Villager a main through hell or high water. Thankfully he's one of my favorites from the demo.

Mega Man, despite my love for him, just doesn't seem for me. Has anyone found any reason to use his Leaf Shield?
Shrug, you can throw it. Is it possible it has some sort of defensive power?

What I can't figure out is Villager's final smash. I have no idea why sometimes they'll build the house and other times they won't.

I still feel the same about Mega Man and Villager in this demo as I did in the Smash Fest demo: disappointed.

I think some of Mega Man's moves are fun...but I don't think he's going to be good in the roster. Leaf Shied, neutral B, neutral A just don't seem good.

Villager: Was so excited when it was announced. Didn't like it at Smash Fest. I do not think growing the tree is going to work well in real human matches. Their forward Smash has almost no distance to it; you have to be ridiculously close to hit. I also hate the slingshot in the air.

Been playing them a lot to see if I could start liking them...but so far it hasn't happened.

Villager's front and back airs took me some getting used to, but now I really like them. Overall, this game seems like it has a good deal more disjointed hitboxes than the previous versions. Have you seen Palutena's up smash? It's like four characters tall.

Leaf Shield does seem to help against low priority projectiles as well as dealing non-hitstun damage to close enemies, but every time I put it on I just get punched in the face and lose it. Doesn't seem worth it.

Just need the full release to get here so I can get to running the Bowsers, Ness, and Charizard already. Ike too, I didn't forget you, buddy.

Villager: Was so excited when it was announced. Didn't like it at Smash Fest. I do not think growing the tree is going to work well in real human matches. Their forward Smash has almost no distance to it; you have to be ridiculously close to hit. I also hate the slingshot in the air.
I don't think Villager has a good ground game. However he has an amazing recovery with the Gyroid and Balloons. I've found it pretty easy to play the edge of a stage and either down air or just forward smash on the edge. Pocket can be super useful too, since you can pocket just about anything. I just haven't quite got the timing down right.

I don't think Villager has a good ground game. However he has an amazing recovery with the Gyroid and Balloons. I've found it pretty easy to play the edge of a stage and either down air or just forward smash on the edge. Pocket can be super useful too, since you can pocket just about anything. I just haven't quite got the timing down right.
Agreed on the recovery. Absolutely stellar.

Demo is pretty fun. Helps that Link and Mario have been my mains in previous Smashes. Controls took some getting used to. Wish you could choose Stock or have Download Play.

What does the S Flag item do? Give an extra kill if you hold it until it powers up?
It gives you an extra point. Kills involve +1/-1.

I really wanted Kirby in the demo. I'm a Kirby player. I've practiced with Link a lot.

I can see Villager being a pretty strong contender in the edge guarding and recovery game. Though moreseo edge guarding. I feel like his recovery might get a little predictable depending on what his customization options are like.

His dash attack and F Smash both toss projectiles off the edge, his F Air slingshot and Lloid Rocket are great for horizontal cutoffs, and the tree is, well, the tree. He's definitely not gonna be out combo-ing Sheik any day, but it's a really cool play style that I"m not used to but enjoying very much.

I was able to get a demo code from a good friend. I've recently turned into dmaul and haven't played any videogames in a good while except the occasional smart phone game. I'm sure Smash will pull me back in. I enjoy using Vllager so far and like Rig I felt the forward smashes had no distance, I thought it might have been from not playing Smash in so long.

My poor original 3DS is going to be wrecked. I'm sure opinions on characters will change on the Wii U after some more play time against actual people.

I LOVE how all the Smashers return from hibernation. :grouphug:

Contemplating on tourney organization. HMM...

I still feel the same about Mega Man and Villager in this demo as I did in the Smash Fest demo: disappointed.

I think some of Mega Man's moves are fun...but I don't think he's going to be good in the roster. Leaf Shied, neutral B, neutral A just don't seem good.

Been playing them a lot to see if I could start liking them...but so far it hasn't happened.
Well, it's a good thing he has tilt moves then.

His up tilt has him swinging his fishing rod, good damage good knockback but more importantly it has good range and hits peoplle coming in from angles.

Secondly when he plants a tree his down B becomes an Axe, really really strong damage.

His down tilt is his shovel and it can have the same effect as a pitfall seed, allowing for massive damage buildup with his A.

The fact that no one mentioned his tilts makes me wonder if people forgot smash even has tilts (different from smashes), with his tilts included he seems to be the strongest contender in the demos roster and remove his "weak ground game"

The shovel move is his down smash. His down tilt is the weed pull, which is actually still pretty good. Hitbox covers a good deal of his body and some vertical space.

His tilts are good though. In fact I think his F tilt is probably his best response to ground pressure right now; especially from behind. Up tilt is good for combos after sharking under from a dash attack or forward throw. He still seems to lose a lot of face to faces in the demo though from either startup frames or recovery.

Either way, I spend most of my time short hopping and slingshotting.

Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing.
Been spamming this song everywhere I go...the gym, the park, the store, to school, to my job! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsIeekAgNqk&list=UU4hEVD_KqNx8ZeAMV1PsHVg

And the same with Little Mac's song

When they announced the release date for the 3DS version, I knew I had to get moving on Brawl.

To really feel like I had done *everything* in Brawl, I needed to beat one more of the 'Challenges':

Collect all stickers.

Back in 2009 sometime, when I mostly finished single-player, I had around 688 (of 700).  The last couple months, I have setup sticker farms, and played a ton of SSE on Intense. 

Last night I finally, finally, FINALLY got my last sticker!  (It was Mario - Mario Super Sluggers).  This completed the Challenges using no Golden Hammers.  This unlocked the last trophy I needed also.  (And completed the Chronicle.)

I can finally retire Brawl and be ready for the new games!

If anybody wants to know what I think the best method is for farming the last 10-15 stickers, it's this:

New Game in SSE, on Intense, playing up to The Jungle level.  Sticker Farms quit working for me around 690 stickers.  Really, I have a turbo controller I would leave on for a full 24 hours some days, and get no new stickers!  But playing the first few levels of SSE on Intense would get me a new sticker about every third or fourth time through.  Again though, you have to make a "New Game" each time; not just replay the levels once you've beaten them.

Review of the demo.

It's another Smash Bros. Game which is awesome. Although I can't recommend enough you play it on a 3DS XL. My normal 3DS makes it incredible hard to see what's going on sometimes. It's not a design flaw, it's just trying to fit Smash Bros on that size.

Great fucking game though.

Review of the demo.

It's another Smash Bros. Game which is awesome. Although I can't recommend enough you play it on a 3DS XL. My normal 3DS makes it incredible hard to see what's going on sometimes. It's not a design flaw, it's just trying to fit Smash Bros on that size.

Great fucking game though.
I'm probably the only person that can't game on a XL because all I see are pixels. I hate my eyes sometimes.

Just curious, are you guys going physical or digital for Smash 3DS? I always play the Smash games for years so I want to go digital for convenience but I don't know if I'll still play the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out so I'd like to sell it if I stop playing it.

Have both physical games pre-ordered.

Speaking of which, is the Best Buy pre-order coin for the 3DS or WiiU version?

I spoke with the store manager at the Best Buy I will be going to.

They aren't doing a midnight launch (sadly), but he confirmed they have the coins in.  He also said "they are for SmashFest preorders only", as they were intended.  He said I'd get mine on Friday.

At SmashFest, they said coins would be given out for either/both games.  Now, does that mean they will get a new shipment of coins when the Wii U version launches, I do not know.  I preorderd both, so I sure hope that's how it goes.  There's no way they'll hang onto coins for an extra month or more for the Wii U version.

Just curious, are you guys going physical or digital for Smash 3DS? I always play the Smash games for years so I want to go digital for convenience but I don't know if I'll still play the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out so I'd like to sell it if I stop playing it.
I went digital because I play Smash often...too often.

Just played 2.5 hours of Smash and here are my initial impressions:

- Diddy Kong and Olimar = nerfed beyond belief. :lol:

- ZSS and Falcon = seem faster and stronger.

- Ike still sucks at recovering off-stage, but his blade can kill.

- Speaking of kills, it's probably the most difficult Smash game to do so.

- Spent a lot of time playing 1-on-1 online; smooth gameplay but not as smooth as local.

Debating if I want to buy it today.

Only thing that is holding me back is right now I am playing Hyrule Warriors, Destiny, Forza Horizion 2 and Diabli 3 all at once. Idk if I want to add a fifth game to the mix, lol.

Got my copy during my break! Can't wait to start playing with my CAG friends again (though thats going to have to wait since I have to go to Tahoe for a birthday).

Played a quick round against the CPU. I'm not used to any one but the villager right now :lol:

bread's done
Back