Super Stardust HD - Gen Discussion & Info

Damn the 15 tokens with 1 boost trophy! For the life of me, I cannot get that one. Also, getting 15 bombs in the Bomber mode is incredibly tough. Anyone have any tips on that one?

Damn I was at 9X multiplier when I got hit :bomb:

I have a question, last night while I was in the In game store I knoticed that there were 2 ad on packs available; A Single player one and a Multiplayer one.

But now the Multiplayer one is not where to be found, not in the In game store or the regular PSN store. whats up with that?

Im up to 5 trophys, The first 3 levels, the scenic route (no boost for a planet), and the 10 bombs. Hoping to get a few more, ive had up to an x8 multiplier but died :whistle2:/.

how do you get the boost 5 tokens one, i havent really used boost at all the entire time.

[quote name='JDUB X']Damn I was at 9X multiplier when I got hit :bomb:

I have a question, last night while I was in the In game store I knoticed that there were 2 ad on packs available; A Single player one and a Multiplayer one.

But now the Multiplayer one is not where to be found, not in the In game store or the regular PSN store. whats up with that?[/quote]
It's not technically out yet, but it's shown up in the in-game store a few times. It probably means that it's probably going to be released soon.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Im up to 5 trophys, The first 3 levels, the scenic route (no boost for a planet), and the 10 bombs. Hoping to get a few more, ive had up to an x8 multiplier but died :whistle2:/.

how do you get the boost 5 tokens one, i havent really used boost at all the entire time.[/quote]
Just get at least five tokens following you, turn around, and boost through them (L2). Good spots to get it are the bonus asteroids (those numbered asteroids) and the ice planet (since the asteroids spit up tons of tokens).

hm maybe they took it down along with the 2.40 update or what? My friend got the multiplayer add-on when it was still there.

[quote name='imascrub']hm maybe they took it down along with the 2.40 update or what? My friend got the multiplayer add-on when it was still there.[/quote]

Yeah i saw it last night but it was gone today. when i bought the full game.

I don't think I'll ever get that 15 bombs trophy unless someone discovers some trick. The bomb ships seem to appear every 30 seconds, but it really starts getting messy about a minute in. Plus a lot of the times I attempted it, I didn't even last for the first 30 because I liked to follow behind the first bomb ship really closely and crashed into it a lot. #-o

The closest I got was 14, and that was when one of the mines happened to destroy a bomb container for me. I couldn't last until the next ship appeared. :

Sorry, I should have mentioned that trophy is only in bomber mode, where you can only use bombs. Otherwise, you can bet I'd be gold melter-ing everything in sight. :D

Ah, heheh. I've considered getting the expansions, SSHD is a great game. However, I just don't play these arcade games enough, even if the co-op/multiplayer expansion adds a lot to it.

I wish they'd release something more tactical on the PSN.

I'll add survive 7 minutes to the list of really hard ones. I was able to get to level 2 yesterday with trophies that were moderately attainable though. The only remaining one I think I can get is x10, but it's so tough when you die with x9. As far as the 5 shields, if you make it to x10 you should have that easily. Also, it doesn't all need to be with the same shield up, I lost my shield 2 or three times while getting it.

I managed to get the 7 minutes in endless trophy, but the 10 nukes in endless is tough, especially with each wave getting tougher after you use one. I hate those red triangles and when tiny asteroids of different types rain down upon the planet.

I haven't played this in forever, but the trophies will probably pull me back for another game or two. It'll be the first thing I play once I upgrade to 2.40.

tried getting 15 bombs in bomber mode last night and failed after 30+ tries lol. Highest I got was 14. I must be doing it wrong.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I managed to get the 7 minutes in endless trophy, but the 10 nukes in endless is tough, especially with each wave getting tougher after you use one. I hate those red triangles and when tiny asteroids of different types rain down upon the planet.[/quote]

How did you handle the nukes when getting 7 minutes, is it better to never blow up one, get them once they appear or somewhere in the middle?

I used them when things started getting hectic, so maybe every 1-2 minutes, to clear the planet and let me get my bearings again for the next wave. You should definitely use them, but as a last resort when you think you're about to fuck up and die.

So is this game actually worth picking up, or is a lot of the hype because of the trophy things?(or both) I may pick it up if it's decent.

It's one of, if not, the best dual-stick shooters out there and has been since it came out last year. Download the demo and see if you like it.

OMG its working... Sony's operation make the whole world play SS HD is working. lol

My score is just over 30 million and I don't think I can beat it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's one of, if not, the best dual-stick shooters out there and has been since it came out last year. Download the demo and see if you like it.[/quote]

Ha. I'm an idiot. I knew there was a demo that I could download to answer my own question. I downloaded the Hot Shot demo instead yesterday.

[quote name='Thomas96']OMG its working... Sony's operation make the whole world play SS HD is working. lol

My score is just over 30 million and I don't think I can beat it.[/quote]

It would be interesting to see if sales jumped really high or it's just people who already have it playing. I will admit that for an arcade-type game like this, the trophies give it significantly more value, since I had just been trying to unlock the planets before.

[quote name='cartman58']Ha. I'm an idiot. I knew there was a demo that I could download to answer my own question. I downloaded the Hot Shot demo instead yesterday.[/quote]
I'm not mocking you, just saying that you can play it for yourself and see if you want to buy it versus asking us if it's any good.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not mocking you, just saying that you can play it for yourself and see if you want to buy it versus asking us if it's any good.[/quote]

No, I know.

I was just saying that I'm an idiot. Last night I was going to download either this demo or the Hot Shots Gold demo. I downloaded that one and forgot that I could download this one.

Got the game a day before the 2.40 Update.I only have 7 trophies so far, I'll be getting the add on for Survival and all that later.Using the boost to get 15 tokens Trophy annoyed me for 20 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
just fell short of 20 bombs cuz i used one accidentally so i had 19 when i died at 19.8 Million points.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Layd Dly']just fell short of 20 bombs cuz i used one accidentally so i had 19 when i died at 1.98 Billion points.[/quote]

:shock: Am I reading that right?

[quote name='Layd Dly']just fell short of 20 bombs cuz i used one accidentally so i had 19 when i died at 1.98 Billion points.[/quote]Is that some sort of evil joke?

Have the game and absolutely love it my highest record is only about 4 mill though the dualshock3 really improved the experience for me;)

I liked the demo a lot. Fun little game with solid graphics. However, I kept finding myself at a loss of what I'm supposed to be doing at times. Obviously when the "enemies left:" thing pops up then I know I need to be killing them. However, other times I'm just like "hmm..ok..do I just blow up rocks?" I still may pick it up, but it's the overall helpless/confused feeling I get at times that makes me want to stray away from this game.

It's an arcade game, so it's really simple stuff. You're supposed to be shooting asteroids and enemies as quickly as possible without dying for the highest score possible. Asteroids help you increase your score, multiplier, and weapon power while enemies help you move on more quickly. Because it's an arcade game, you basically sharpen your skills by finding the best way to progress quickly while keeping your multiplier up and surviving as long as possible.

The simple answer is you need to do both to succeed.

Downloaded this yesterday and I really suck at it. Earned a trophy already, though!
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's an arcade game, so it's really simple stuff...[/quote]

I noticed that another spaceship pops up from time to time and it seems to be carrying something on its wings...is it good? Is it bad? Should I kill it? ;)

[quote name='bmachine']Downloaded this yesterday and I really suck at it. Earned a trophy already, though!

I noticed that another spaceship pops up from time to time and it seems to be carrying something on its wings...is it good? Is it bad? Should I kill it? ;)[/quote]

You crack me up. Those are bombs on each 'wing'. Blow that sucka to bits and get some bombs!

BTW, practice makes perfect ..... or something like that.

so, i definitely met the criteria for this:

14. Close Encounters: Survival - Survive 45 seconds without shooting or using bombs - Bronze

and, i didn't get a trophy. could be because it was gameshared or just glitchy? does it pop up the moment you get it? irritating though, as i completed this twice and no trophies have shown up. also, did anyone clarify if you have to beat the arcade modes on easy or normal?

[quote name='bigdsinferno']so, i definitely met the criteria for this:

14. Close Encounters: Survival - Survive 45 seconds without shooting or using bombs - Bronze

and, i didn't get a trophy. could be because it was gameshared or just glitchy? does it pop up the moment you get it? irritating though, as i completed this twice and no trophies have shown up. also, did anyone clarify if you have to beat the arcade modes on easy or normal?[/QUOTE]

they took down the v4.00 update along with 2.4 firmware, so no trophies atm... :(

1. You didn't play in Survival mode (I know I don't have the add-on because that shit costs money)
2. You didn't download 4.00...?

I have the firmware already and trophies still work.

I've been playing it again. I really like Stardust more than Geometry Wars (but not as much as Pac-Man: CE).

[quote name='Hostile']1. You didn't play in Survival mode (I know I don't have the add-on because that shit costs money)
2. You didn't download 4.00...?

I have the firmware already and trophies still work.

I've been playing it again. I really like Stardust more than Geometry Wars (but not as much as Pac-Man: CE).[/QUOTE]

I mean, you cant download 4.00 its been taken down along with 2.4. And we just got it today...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I mean, you cant download 4.00 its been taken down along with 2.4. And we just got it today...[/QUOTE]

yeah..i was just coming back here to post that exact same thing. I didn't realize that they had an update for the game. i kept reading about the game update thinking "but, i already got the new firmware that they took down." So..game, not hardware. Thanks.

btw... super stardust > geometry wars by a huge margin and i love geometry wars.

when you play stages, do u guys ever sacrifice time bonus at the end for the sake of taking your time with token multiplier setups???

Im thinking whats the best way to go...

[quote name='JEKKI']when you play stages, do u guys ever sacrifice time bonus at the end for the sake of taking your time with token multiplier setups???

Im thinking whats the best way to go...[/quote]

I have been while trying to get the x10 multiplier. Just blow everything up. Its to bad they dont have any high score trophys i think they might have been a bit easier.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']yeah..i was just coming back here to post that exact same thing. I didn't realize that they had an update for the game. i kept reading about the game update thinking "but, i already got the new firmware that they took down." So..game, not hardware. Thanks.

btw... super stardust > geometry wars by a huge margin and i love geometry wars.[/quote]
Whenever the patch is up, it'll download automatically the next time you play the game, so you'll definitely know when it's up.

bread's done
Back