Super Stardust HD or Everyday Shooter

BREVITY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Only those who own both or at least have played both need post.
Due to XBL sucking ass lately I have been putting in more time on the Wii and PS3. Well I grabbed the demo of Stardust yesterday and couldnt stop playing it over and over after the demo ran out and booted me. I had never played Geometry Wars and had no idea I would like these two stick shooters. It was a blast. I love that its co-op and as far as I can tell I dont have to start over at the begining if I die to many times. I wonder how hard it is to do well in ES, do you start at the begining everytime?

My controller on the PS3 drops connection a lot of the time so I dont know how good of an idea it would be to get one of these games and die due to DC but I am willing to give it a try. With there no demo for ES I thought I would ask those in the know.

I have Everyday Shooter and have played the Super Stardust demo to death. Between the two, both are pretty different. I LOVE Everyday Shooter. I quite honestly have played it everytime I've cut my PS3 on in the past 3 months since I picked up ES. The game is so simple by design, yet so complex. Each mission has a different "tactic" that can make or break you. Each time I play it, I get better. ES has a ton of unlockables, etc.

I'd honestly say to buy both. Both are very good games.

Super Stardust HD IMO. Everyday Shooter is great, but Super Stardust HD is truly a classic and the best shooter download on any console IMO. Custom soundtrack also makes it great. It's a lot of fun and see if you can top me on the leaderboard Brevity. :)

Your controller drops? That is weird. I have to say that I have never had a problem with any of my four controllers holding a charge or losing it's signal. Sony has actually built a very sturdy console for once. And this coming from someone who has been very anti-Sony for over 10 years until recently. You need to get your controllers checked or maybe the bluetooth adapter in the console is faulty. Sorry.

I know you only want opinions of people who have played both games, but since I am posting anyway I will speak my mind as well. When I got my PS3, I sort of went on a downloading spree and downloaded all of the demos since I didn't yet have a game. I then went and bought quite a few demos. SSDHD is one of the few that I don't regret buying, on a knee-jerk reaction, to this day. So much so, that I almost bought Everyday Shooter, but then considered how much I like SSDHD and thought there was no need. My 2 cents.

They're different types of games, as Super Stardust is more frentic while Everyday Shooter is more relaxing. Everyday Shooter is a bit harder than Super Stardust, but you can buy more lives to start with and if you want to mix things up, you can buy a shuffle upgrade that mixes up the order of the levels when you play the main mode.

Super Stardust, no question. Everyday Shooter has grown on me but it's still nowhere near as fun as SSHD. SSHD is like an old arcade game on steroids, and it's really satisfying to play. ES is basically an art house game. The entire time you're thinking, "Wow, this game sure is quirky and novel."

Metaly your score on SSHD is outrageous.

But yeah what everyone else said. Except I like 'em both just as much. ES can get just as hectic as SSHD at times too. Custom soundtracks are great in SSHD but to be honest the music in ES is part of the game so to get rid would ruin the game.

You can't go wrong with either.

I hate to go opposite of everyone else, but i'd say Everyday Shooter. I picked it up when it went on sale for $5, and after playing it, i would've paid $15. It's definitely the best thing on the store, and i may have played it more than some of my full-price PS3 games. SSHD felt cool at first, but it gets repetitive. After awhile, it gets old. Everyday shooter may have you playing the same levels, but (maybe to me) they always play differently. You have good levels, and bad levels. Shuffle Mode also helps :)

[quote name='metaly']Super Stardust, no question. Everyday Shooter has grown on me but it's still nowhere near as fun as SSHD. SSHD is like an old arcade game on steroids, and it's really satisfying to play. ES is basically an art house game. The entire time you're thinking, "Wow, this game sure is quirky and novel."[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much how I feel, because ES has kind of grown on me more and more, but I still feel SSD HD is the best.

Super Stardust HD hands-down. Everyday Shooter is a cool experience and all but I haven't touched it after the first five or so plays. I can always go back to Stardust and they're still updating it with stuff.

I own ES and I have played the demo for SSHD, and I while fully expecting to be underwhelmed, I found myself drawn in to SSHD, so much so that I am going to purchase it right now...

WOW... tough call.

Buy them both. They are equally amazing. The music in both of them leave you feeling.... which is cool.

Besides Folklore,... these are the only 2 games I play on my PStriple.
I've beaten Wild Arms many times prior, and FLOW is good when you just wanna get drunk and not worry about shit. The games you ask about are simply magical. Don't be a CAG on this one.

I've only played the demo of SSHD as opposed to the full game of ES, but I enjoyed ES way more. Like everyone else is saying though, they're both great games, and they're both different as well, so it shouldn't really be a question of which one to get, but instead which one to get first (if you can only get one at the moment; otherwise, get both now).

Wow thanks for the huge amounts of feed back. Yes Mana I noted of all my PS3 FL members you had some very high scores. They highest I think in some areas.

I do think the custom soundtrack is cool but unlike any 360 game it will not let you stream in the soundtrack from the PC. I would have to have had the audio on the PS3. Not that big of a deal but I keep all that on the PC and just stream it normally. My son loves playing games with me and I gravitate toward games he and I can play together so I thought a lot of SSHD right off. (He is just now 7 and loves all the colors, weapons right out of the gate, and sounds)

Yes I get DC on my 2 PS3 controllers a lot, worse on some games but happens on all. I posted this several times in that one thread we had here, but no one has found a solution and I dont really want to send it in. I hate the thought of changing from my 60Gig to one of the other system so I dont want to trade it in or anything. I dont know maybe I should though...

I believe I will go ahead and grab SSHD and then if that turns out to be great even with the DCs and such then I will nab ES.

Thanks again guys.

bread's done
Back