Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (Game on sale this week!) Revival Thread

MtlTom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Let's be honest, just about everyone has fond memories of the Street Fighter 2 series in some form. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix is on sale this week, so now would be a perfect time to get a "revival" of this game going.

It's a perfect opportunity for vets of the game to come back and new blood to get into the game. This is one of my absolute favorite games on XBLA, and I'd love to see a CAG community for it.

Maybe we can get a session going this week? I'm down to play Classic ST or HD Remix mode.

[quote name='BackInBlack']No.
:)
[/QUOTE]
I don't think you're mashing hard enough at this game. ;)

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']Yes, thank you MltTom! I'd be down to play some matches this week.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely! I remember we had some great games a long time ago.

I will download the demo and check it out. I got pretty discouraged with SSFIV, though - trying to pull off the combos - so I'm not sure I'm going to do any better at this one.

[quote name='crunchewy']I will download the demo and check it out. I got pretty discouraged with SSFIV, though - trying to pull off the combos - so I'm not sure I'm going to do any better at this one.[/QUOTE]
ST is not a very combo heavy game and doesn't rely on 1 frame links like SSF4. IMO, it's a lot more focused on zoning, footsies, and matchup knowledge.

I think the best way to describe it is easy to learn, difficult to master.

[quote name='MtlTom']ST is not a very combo heavy game and doesn't rely on 1 frame links like SSF4. IMO, it's a lot more focused on zoning, footsies, and matchup knowledge.

I think the best way to describe it is easy to learn, difficult to master.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to, but if that's the case, I may check it out. Kind of why I like Blazblue from the little I played of it. It's not crazy on the combos and feels relatively easy to pick up as far as 2D fighters go.

[quote name='JStryke']I wasn't going to, but if that's the case, I may check it out. Kind of why I like Blazblue from the little I played of it. It's not crazy on the combos and feels relatively easy to pick up as far as 2D fighters go.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty positive you need to be able to pull off combos that last at least 20 seconds to be at all competitive in Blayzbloo. Everything's slower and shorter in SSF4. ST is liek nothing but one frame links if you want to combo anything into anything so it turns into who can land the most single hits wins. :drool:

[quote name='Solder']I'm always down for matches. Hit me up.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. I got your message on CAG Fighter IV but I can't respond to it since it's only a silver account. We are still playing MVC3 Wed nights, but have been switching it up a little. We played HDR last night. Just hit up any of us if you ever want to play any games.

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']GG's to MltTom,GuardianE9999 and Joe2187. Lets keep the HDR sessions going![/QUOTE]
Yeah, great games last night. Same to jposey. Hopefully we'll get some more people next time, I sent out a bunch of invites but we didn't get a lot of people.

Next time we need more T. Hawk mirror matches ;)

Oh, and here are some shenanigans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY3Yx9mT6Ks

[quote name='F1ngers of fury']GG's to MltTom,GuardianE9999 and Joe2187. Lets keep the HDR sessions going![/QUOTE]

Good games, guys! Fun as always.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't respond to the invite last night. Bad timing as I've been rearranging my place and actually packed away my jumbo joystick temporarily. I've got the fighter itch lately though, so hopefully I'll run into you online soon!

[quote name='MtlTom']
Yeah, great games last night. Same to jposey. Hopefully we'll get some more people next time, I sent out a bunch of invites but we didn't get a lot of people.
[/QUOTE]

Same to you. On another note, the netcode in this game is amazing.

I am down for playing in the future.... sorry for not taking you up on the invite last night!

Whenever you guys are on and wanna play, let me know.

How is the online?
im about fed up with street fighter 4 and mvc online. just to buggy trying to find matches and junk hehe

[quote name='Kevfactor']How is the online?
im about fed up with street fighter 4 and mvc online. just to buggy trying to find matches and junk hehe[/QUOTE]

The netcode is godlike in this game. Unless you're playing against someone in Japan, or someone with Fisher Price internet - there's almost no lag.

bread's done
Back