Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition PS3 $31.79 360 $32.54 PC $29.99

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver. 2012[/QUOTE]

Thats right I totally forgot about that. UGH capcom.

[quote name='Magicman103']Thats right I totally forgot about that. UGH capcom.[/QUOTE]

It's a free patch, I don't get the groaning over this.

kinda weird by this even when I remember buying sf2 for snes for 75 bucks, sf2t for 65 and ssf2 for 50 bucks back in 92,93,94 i

just somehow I feel more offended by current updates of sf by pimpcom. Maybe an yearly updates was a new thing back then, and didn't know what to think of it.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']kinda weird by this even when I remember buying sf2 for snes for 75 bucks, sf2t for 65 and ssf2 for 50 bucks back in 92,93,94 i

just somehow I feel more offended by current updates of sf by pimpcom. Maybe an yearly updates was a new thing back then, and didn't know what to think of it.[/QUOTE

Prepare to feel more offended by milkcom when they where out marvel vs capcom 3

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I'm buying this now but damnit this better be the last final retail version.[/QUOTE]

I bet a vita version is in the works. It could be ported to the vita extremely quick

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I'm buying this now but damnit this better be the last final retail version.[/QUOTE]

Ver. 2012 will be out before Xmas according to Ono, but as mentioned before it's going to be a free balance patch.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I bet a vita version is in the works. It could be ported to the vita extremely quick[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. They're working on the Vita version of SFxTekken right now. But who knows, it's not impossible.

[quote name='exaznkid']$20 would be my price, but then again i hate getting my ass handed to me every time i step into an online game[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, by a ryu or ken user right ? I tell you those two are the only characters that people use. Lots of well balanced characters to use but they are mostly ignored

[quote name='strait edge follower']Let me guess, by a ryu or ken user right ? I tell you those two are the only characters that people use. Lots of well balanced characters to use but they are mostly ignored[/QUOTE]

Maybe at the 0-1500 PP range, but after that it's mostly Yun and Fei. The balance was almost ideal in SSFIV. Shame a lot of that was all but ruined in AE.

2012 should alleviate an awful lot of the brokenness, but I've been playing this game pretty much nonstop since SFIV was at the arcades. I'm kinda burned out on it.

couple of lesson i learned by being a cag

1, never ever buy limited edition, collector's edition at full price on launch day
2, never ever buy pimpcom's first editions of their fighting game or resident evil

btw, speaking resident evil, you know that resident evil revelation on 3ds, i freaking guarantee that thing will see a console edition within a yr of 3ds version.

sf vs tekken next yr ? please save your money and occupy on something else until they release sf vs tekken turbo tag team tournament edition the yr after. stupid pimpcom milking the cow dry.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']sf vs tekken next yr ? please save your money and occupy on something else until they release sf vs tekken turbo tag team tournament edition the yr after. stupid pimpcom milking the cow dry.[/QUOTE]

Or people will spend their money however they want.

Just a thought.

well the thing is both sf and tek are two franchises that i grew up with and love both of them. and probably will get it at cheap. but having said that, mvsc3 really fcuked me up.

i mean, wait until a yr for new one to release, but never ever thought they would release an update to that game in less than 9 months.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']well the thing is both sf and tek are two franchises that i grew up with and love both of them. and probably will get it at cheap. but having said that, mvsc3 really fcuked me up.

i mean, wait until a yr for new one to release, but never ever thought they would release an update to that game in less than 9 months.[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting SFxTekken on day one. I play fighting games semi-competitively and just love the genre more than most anything else.

Having UMvC3 nine months after MvC3 is par for the course, really. After there being no word of any sort of DLC for the game following release, it was all but a certainty there would be an updated version of the game coming out.

But yeah, if you play the games casually it can be very upsetting.

[quote name='MechaGojira']Capcom gets a lot of hate for its "updates", but I think a lot of people seem to forget that there are other games in the genre that get updated frequently as well!

Also, here's an article that provides a nice counter-perspective on the issue: http://screwattack.com/blogs/The-Bl...-hating-and-learned-to-love-the-Capcom-update[/QUOTE]

This will probably be the last update of the Super SF 4 series, we are still seeing patches that will balance out character issues. But the end of the SF 4 series? I doubt it

If anyone was wondering how bad the nerf/buffs in 2012 is go to eventhubs for details

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...ation-super-street-fighter-4-ae-blog-changes/

Yun

We eliminated things that made him a scrubby character, and made it so that players with strong technical skills will be able to shine when using him.

• Target Combo 2 now does 120 damage, down from 150.

• Target Combo 3 now does 120 damage, down from 150.

• Target Combo 4 now does 130 damage, down from 160/170. The second hit of the move is now -6 on block, when it used to be -3.

• Target Combo 5 now does 70 damage, down from 90.

• Crouching Light Kick has an upward extended hurtbox.

• Crouching Medium Punch damage reduced to 50, was previously 60.

• There is now a higher height restriction on all dive kicks.

• All dive kicks get an additional +2 frame landing stun. Also on hit and block, opponent gets an extra +2 frame stun. Now Yun players must be wary of how to attack and the use of the different versions of the move.

• Yun's Senpukyaku (Overhead) now does 80 damage instead of 85 during his Super.

• All versions of Zenpou Tenshin (Flip Grab) were slowed down to 11 frame startup each. EX Zenpou Tenshin now has a startup of 8 frames, and has lost its throw invincibility.

• EX Lunge Punch active frames for each hit were altered from 7/2 active to 6/3 active. Also the move is now -1 when blocked from close range.

• Palm Strike meter gain reduced to +20 meter on whiff.

• Palm Feint is now 25 frames overall, whereas the regular Palm Strike is now in motion for 45 frames.

• Palm Strike damage reduced from 160 to 140, stun reduced from 250 to 200, chip damage reduced to 30, active frames reduced from 15 to 10.

• Light Upkicks now only has invulnerability covering up until the first active frame of the move.

• More landing recovery on all versions of Up Kicks (including EX).

• MK Upkick damage nerfed from 130 to 110.

• Hard Punch Shoulder's damage was reduced from 140 to 100, and the EX version had its damage reduced from 80+70(150) to 90+40(130). During the projectile invincible parts of the move, Yun's hurtbox against physical strikes has been increased.

• Gen'ei Jin has had its active time shortened by one second.

Yang

We have revised his risk/return and made him into a more technical character that must be used with skill.

• Target Combo 2 damage reduced to 130 and the second attack is -7 on block.

• Standing Light Kick's startup increased by two frames for a total of five. However, it keeps the original startup time during Yang's Super.

• Crouching Light Kick's damage reduced from 30 to 20. Upward hurtbox extended.

• Crouching Medium Punch's damage reduced from 80 to 70, and now inflicts 60 damage during his Super.

• Far Standing Medium Punch had its hitbox moved backwards, meaning less range on the attack.

• Jumping Medium Kick's hitbox was altered so it is not as easy to cross up with as before.

• All versions of the dive kick have a larger hurtbox. 2 frames of extra landing recovery were added to all dive kicks and the stun for each was reduced from 100 to 50.

• Light Roll Kick is only invulnerable to projectiles up until frame 5, Medium version has no projectile invulnerability.

• Hitbox on all Roll Kicks were reduced horizontally and have an extra four frames of recovery on block.

• EX Zenpou Tenshin (Flip Grab) has less reach, starts up in 8 frames, and is no longer invincible to throws. In AE this move started up in 7 frames.

• Final hit of Mantis Slashes for all versions does 60 damage. EX Mantis Slashes are now a true blockstring if guarded, meaning there are no frame gaps between any of the slashes.

• Medium and Hard Palm Strike meter gain on whiff reduced from 20 to 10 and all regular versions of the Palm, including the feint, have two extra frames of recovery.

• Hard Palm Strike's damage has been reduced from 150 to 140, chip reduced to 30, stun from 250 to 200; Also, the Medium and Hard Palms now have four fewer active frames.

• Sei'ei Enbu (Super) lasts a second shorter and certain moves do less chip while it is activated.

• Ultra 1 max damage reduced from 480 to 450.

• Ultra 2 startup is 3 frames slower and the damage has been reduced from 440 to 410. The last hit of the non-cinematic Ultra 2 now does 90 damage

Here is the test footage of 2012 AE if anyone is interested, if you play the SF 4 series casually, you probably won't notice anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ecZsxZB11g

Can anyone confirm this. I have Super Street Fighter IV currently. If I rented Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and installed it. After I returned the rental would I be able to play Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition using my Super Street Fighter IV disc or would it just revert back to Super Street Fighter IV?? Capcom already shoryuken'ed my wallet twice, just trying to soften the impact.

[quote name='Naramie']Can anyone confirm this. I have Super Street Fighter IV currently. If I rented Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and installed it. After I returned the rental would I be able to play Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition using my Super Street Fighter IV disc or would it just revert back to Super Street Fighter IV?? Capcom already shoryuken'ed my wallet twice, just trying to soften the impact.[/QUOTE]

You can't do that I have both AE retail and SSF 4 vanilla. If you have AE installed you will need to download both update kits. I know this sound stupids but this is capcom ways of milking cows.

The free update kit found on the PSN store for vanilla only allows you to play with other players from and watch AE replays. If your a casual player and just want this I'd say pay the $15 and get the DLC.

Also AE 2012 update patch will be free since there are no new characters. Overall, if your a traveler/collector/tournament player just get the disc ver.

bread's done
Back