Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (Now w/ Friends List & Game Nights!)

evergoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
GAME NIGHTS

QUARTER MATCH MODE: Saturdays & Sundays @ 4 pm PST, 7 pm EST

PSN FRIENDS LIST

(Format: CAG Name/PSN ID, orange font = headset)
  • evergoo/evergoo
  • brighenne/brighenne
  • johnnypark/MattTheCAGVegan
  • ecmazza/EmoneyTVS
  • aizanillusion/FujiwaraDashing
  • happy/Gubermonster
  • jwargand/rataxico
  • mi3nboi/mi3nboi
  • dasflikko/dasflikko
  • dallow/Dallow
  • js1/Ghost_Face_36
  • GenDV138/GenDV138
  • tinman_licks/CrimsonTinman
  • trajin/trajin
  • Darkkenpachi/Kenpachiexodia
  • Diddy310/MG310
  • freakyzeeky/freakyzeeky
  • Kandal/Kandal978
  • Thomas96/Thomaticus
  • notorious_pip/notorious_pip
  • refusedchaos/refusedchaos
  • Josh_AnimeBum/Thelonicon
  • jman619/jman4482
  • Genfuyung/Genfuyung
  • dejeckt/dejeckt
  • fistinface/fistinface
  • technolover/MakAcid
  • ronaldhennessy/RonaldHennessy
  • m_d_amore/mdam0re
  • oemor/zombieburger
  • Sinistar/Sinistar83
  • JEKKI/JEKKI
  • Cartman58/Cartman058
  • Bretts31344/MGS4_Ocelot_08
  • striker199/sTRIKER199
  • Dandeschain/Danmagz
  • Knoxximus/Knoxximus
  • BluSteele/BluSteele86
  • Ivanhoe/Ivanhoe
  • MasterSun1/AndySun124
  • Millertime2325/Millertime2325
  • frictor/frictor
  • Lexian/Peekay53
  • rvdrock/WitheredBullet
  • oghowie/grifter35
  • necrojustice/necrojustice
  • option.iv/option.iv
  • maximus101/gman77477
  • Roa/shikiDELACROIX
  • MSUHitman/MSUHitman
  • Esper/Esper15
  • Bluesilo/Bluesilo
  • Mr. Beef/ProfessorBeef
  • Mogambi/Mogambi
  • rxdoga/rxdoga
  • Ultimate Matt X/TheUMX
  • Mastagoalie/Mastagoalie
  • enufs8d/wotcher
  • Minib0ssbattle/minibossbattle
  • Baron O Hell/Baron-Of-Hell
If you would like to be on the Friends List, please mention so by posting in the following format. Otherwise, you will not be added to this list.

CAG name/PSN ID
Headset: Yes/No

evergoo/evergoo
Headset: Yes

[quote name='Capcom']GAME FEATURES
  • All new 1080p high-definition art for Street Fighter characters and backgrounds created by Udon Entertainment, creators of the Street Fighter comic books
  • Features all 17 of the original Super Street Fighter® II Turbo characters including Ryu, Guile, M. Bison, and Akuma
  • New optional "Rebalanced" Mode: massive changes across the board to all Street Fighter characters as created and tested by some the world's top-ranked professional Street Fighter players
  • One to two player head-to-head play either offline or online
    • Single player vs. CPU
    • Player vs. player over the same console
    • Player vs. player online
  • Training mode helps fighters hone their skills
  • Improved network code for the best possible online fighting game experience
  • Numerous online features:
    • In-game voice chatting between players
    • Matchmaking flexibility through multiple options
    • Personal and friends statistics tracking
    • Quarter Match Mode- this spectator-based system allows online competitors (two competitors and up to four spectators) to use a "virtual quarter" to "buy into" heated two player matches
    • Comprehensive worldwide rankings and leader boards by character - tracks overall wins and losses, number of throws, perfects, highest combos and more
  • Widescreen support with option to select classic 4:3 mode for SF purists
  • Choose from either classic Super Street Fighter II Turbo music or optional newly remixed tunes created by OverClocked Remix
  • Option to play as the original Super Street Fighter II Turbo 2D sprites for traditionalists
DLC FEATURES
And just in case you thought you knew what to expect from Street Fighter, think again. In addition to all the Street Fighter DLC, I'm also excited to announce a direct-to-download album of Street Fighter-inspired hip-hop! The Street Fighter Underground Remix album will feature the musical flavor of artists such as DJ Qbert, Hieroglyphics, Redman, Oh No, DJ Toure, Mistah F.A.B. and Zion I. Each of the cuts will be available exclusively on PlayStation Network, FOR FREE, when SF HD Remix launches![/quote]

For more in-depth details about all the features, check out Capcom's latest blog entry

Why You Should Buy It on PS3?
1. Much better d-pad
2. Free Street Fighter Underground Remix album only on PSN
3. It's cheaper (through Gamesharing)
4. Free online play

Last but not least, THANK YOU everyone for providing the latest updates and bumping this awesome thread! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Online play... :) This is a fighting game I may actually enjoy at least until marvel vs capcom comes out in the same format.

I want this game but I am so torn on which system to get it for. The controller lover in me says get it for ps3, but the competitor in me says get it for xbox. decisions decisions

better controller on ps3 and free online play on ps3... it's a win-win situation. i have an xbox and it's clear why i would want the ps3 version, plus i can share it w/ friends. :)

[quote name='fatez']better controller on ps3 and free online play on ps3... it's a win-win situation. i have an xbox and it's clear why i would want the ps3 version, plus i can share it w/ friends. :)[/quote]

I'm getting it for the PS3 for the same reasons. Also I don't know when my 360 will give in, it's starting to show signs of problems >.< I can't wait for this game, it'll hold me off until SFIV comes around.

There is only one reason I'm getting it on ps3 instead of 360. The d-pad. I like the 360 for every type of game except for a fighter I draw the line at those. Only fighters I get on 360 is ones you don't hold back to block you hit a button. *those are rare*

[quote name='jman619']There is only one reason I'm getting it on ps3 instead of 360. The d-pad. I like the 360 for every type of game except for a fighter I draw the line at those. Only fighters I get on 360 is ones you don't hold back to block you hit a button. *those are rare*[/QUOTE]

i agree on the dpad. but nothing beats sticks. is the ps3 hori one any good?

One of the guys from Capcom said it's in the approval process, so it should probably be out this week or next. Hopefully this Thursday. I don't think I can wait any longer for this shit.

It will be a little bit sad/funny if it doesn't come out this week because it would appear Sony's approval process is slower than Microsoft's (which is probably not actually the case).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Well that means PSN will get it (a) same day, (b) friday 28th or (c) thursday 4th.[/quote]

Hope they don't wait till the 4th. I guess Friday 28th would be good enough,but hopefully it is the same day.

Now let's hope they don't delay the update 'till late into the night like the Mirror's Edge demo did. I'm still waiting on news for a PSN sale as well.

OP you should change the date to "November 25". It looks like it'll be released for September 25 of next year. BTW can't wait to get it either.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']
Nice, all the more reason to get it on the PS3. A revamped HD classic SF2 game w/free music nostalgia, why not? lol
[/QUOTE]

I'll be picking up those songs also, I have not heard any tracks from Redman in a while.

[quote name='Psykodelik']OP you should change the date to "November 25". It looks like it'll be released for September 25 of next year. BTW can't wait to get it either.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Oh snaps! Made a mistake. I've also updated the OP with news about the free hip-hop tracks.

I can't wait to do Tournament Play and Quarter Match Mode. Throw in voice chat and we'll have a party! :whee:

Hmm...what does 'little' mean? Sackgirl Chun Li? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Interstella 5555']
Nice, all the more reason to get it on the PS3. A revamped HD classic SF2 game w/free music nostalgia, why not? lol
[/quote]
You know what the best reason to get it on the PS3 is? And this is from someone who buys all multiplat stuff on the 360. The fact that the ps3s dpad isnt absolute shit.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I just hope it gets a trophy patch down the line, though it's probably doubtful.[/quote]

What? No trophies on launch? :hot:

[quote name='GodlyOne']Isn't Bionic Commando: Rearmed due for a trophy patch? If so then there's still hope I guess.[/quote]

Last I heard they said it would be released after the next gen version was released .... Which is still a whiles off.

Gotta get ready for a norther EXHOSURE when this game comes out. My trusty six button gamepad will see me through. Though if it's 20 dollars, I will shake my angry fist at capcom for making me wait so god damn long.

i can't wait for this it looks awesome, hopefully the super moves aren't that hard to learn since the last street fighter i played was hyper fighting. now if only they would release the street fighter joysticks already

bread's done
Back