Super Street Fighter IV 4/22 @ NYC YMMV

Isn't there a fine for a store breaking the street date?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JNKryo']Isn't there a fine for a store breaking the street date?[/QUOTE]

Not really, But that distributor or publisher may decide not to do business with you again. But I've never actually heard of that happening to anyone.

Is it me or does it seem like the east coast always gets the broken street dates. I am guessing maybe there are more mom & pop stores out there that do it versus out here in CA. They are becoming more and more rare. I need to move!

it could also be just a way to generate foot traffic to their shop. I'd rather have a $10 GC and Amazon customer service over a shop that ironically I've never heard of and get it a few days before offical release...however, if you happen to get an advance copy, more power to you.

I have seen a lot of non chain shops in NYC sell restricted release products a day early, but it's usually books.

Yeah some mom and pop shops have received them already in NYC. My friend bought his already and was playing it last night online. Told me some stores near in Flatbush by Brooklyn college was selling it already. Have to wait since I'm broke to get mine.

[quote name='Draknight']Yeah some mom and pop shops have received them already in NYC. My friend bought his already and was playing it last night online. Told me some stores near in Flatbush by Brooklyn college was selling it already. Have to wait since I'm broke to get mine.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info! I'm totally going unless I die a little later.

A mom and pop shop here in the bx has it early. They always sell games before street date as they did with modern warfare 2, left for dead 2 mass effect 2, final fantasy 13, god of war 3 the list goes on. I love NYC

[quote name='Wompdevil']Is it me or does it seem like the east coast always gets the broken street dates. I am guessing maybe there are more mom & pop stores out there that do it versus out here in CA. [/QUOTE]

Be careful with such comments... that's how the East Coast vs. West Coast rap wars began. Just change the words "broken street dates" and "mom & pop stores" with "skank bitches" and those are fighting words.. lol

[quote name='Wompdevil']Is it me or does it seem like the east coast always gets the broken street dates. I am guessing maybe there are more mom & pop stores out there that do it versus out here in CA. They are becoming more and more rare. I need to move![/QUOTE]

Watch yourself son!

This is a NYC thing. It is relatively easy to find a AAA title that has gone platinum long before release date in certain stores in NYC. Usually it isn't so brazen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you can always get big/AAA games early everywhere in NYC. I know at least 2 places in each --Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.

[quote name='hypertails02']This looks like it can be moved to...Regional deals.

But idk, I'm not a mod. And I'm feeling lazy.[/QUOTE]

you sounding quite jealous there westerner...

East coast represent!

[quote name='Draknight']Yeah some mom and pop shops have received them already in NYC. My friend bought his already and was playing it last night online. Told me some stores near in Flatbush by Brooklyn college was selling it already. Have to wait since I'm broke to get mine.[/QUOTE]

Bullet Proof

Can you ask your friend which store is it? I have class there tomorrow so i might as well check it out.

[quote name='shenanigans1337']Can you ask your friend which store is it? I have class there tomorrow so i might as well check it out.[/QUOTE]

See the post above you. 2 train last stop.

Just came from gamestop and apparently they too are selling ssf4 starting today in NYC. Caveat is that you have to have preordered rhe game already to pick it up tonight. Very similar to when they broke street date of assassins creed 2.

Street date or not, I already purchased this on Amazon for $29.99 using a $10 game credit (and also receiving another one from this purchase).

Oh my, people from CAG nearish my area around Brooklyn College. I'll have to stop at BP tomorrow and see if they still have any in stock.

[quote name='Commy']Oh my, people from CAG nearish my area around Brooklyn College. I'll have to stop at BP tomorrow and see if they still have any in stock.[/QUOTE]

Flatbush all day :)

oh lawd.
that is like three blocks away from me. :D

but i ordered it from amazon. sooo i will take the 10 gc instead..

Funny how some games come out early while others never get their street date broken. Either way, I pre-ordered this from Amazon and can wait until next Friday (since it takes longer than normal to get to Hawaii) rather than spend time, gas, and tax. I'm pretty sure Toys N Joys here broke the street date.

I went to Bullet Proof and they said they would have more after 3:30pm today, currently sold out. I didn't feel like waitin' around for a couple of hours for it.

Then I went to another spot in Crown Heights and didn't get any in yet. I didn't feel like goin' to Manhattan just for a game so that's out lol. I'll probably order it on Amazon today to get the $10 credit.

[quote name='NovaKane']I went to Bullet Proof and they said they would have more after 3:30pm today, currently sold out. I didn't feel like waitin' around for a couple of hours for it.

Then I went to another spot in Crown Heights and didn't get any in yet. I didn't feel like goin' to Manhattan just for a game so that's out lol. I'll probably order it on Amazon today to get the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you go to the other bullet proof by South Shore?

NYC and the surrounding areas always do this. I got MW2 like a week early from a mom n pop in Jersey City just across the river from Manhattan.

This is one of the few advantages they have against giants like Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart. If the big guys did they would hear it from the publisher. It sometimes happens at those places, but usually because of employee error. Mom and Pops do it on purpose.

*edit* and NO ONE has EVER been banned from XBL for playing a legit copy of a broken street date game online.

[quote name='kaydigi']Why didn't you go to the other bullet proof by South Shore?[/QUOTE]

Didn't know there was more than one Bullet Proof. What train or bus goes around there?

[quote name='malethief']A mom and pop shop here in the bx has it early. They always sell games before street date as they did with modern warfare 2, left for dead 2 mass effect 2, final fantasy 13, god of war 3 the list goes on. I love NYC[/QUOTE]

Where in the Bronx?

Confirmed street date has been broken in NYC since 4/20, Game is being sold rampantly amongst the Korean videogame stores. nothing racial they're just owned by Koreans and very common out here. 2 spots I've seen are Viva Games 181st & St. Nicholas across from BK & GameWorld near Fordham & Jerome by the 4 train next to Perfumania ...

[quote name='NovaKane']Didn't know there was more than one Bullet Proof. What train or bus goes around there?[/QUOTE]

The b6 about 5 minutes past the burger king around there

I saw 2 at a local Kmart. Did not buy they were for sure just wraped in plastic wrap. Like the fallout 3 goty or bioshocks. They did not have the Y-Folds.

bread's done
Back