Superman Returns - full trailer

Ah ... I'm not so sure. The trailer is cut really well: great use of the Superman theme, and the visuals -- Supes going after the plummeting plane -- are awesome.

But what the hell is going on with that plot? Lois Lane has a kid? Superman has returned from an extended absence and after all this time, he's ... what, 23?

Nice posthumous shot of Brando! Love that they are keeping the music. I think it's gonna kickass. The Fortress of Solitude looks better than ever before. Wow.

Spacey is gonna make a good Lex. Not so sure about Lois... but we'll see.

[quote name='trq']Ah ... I'm not so sure. The trailer is cut really well: great use of the Superman theme, and the visuals -- Supes going after the plummeting plane -- are awesome.

But what the hell is going on with that plot? Lois Lane has a kid? Superman has returned from an extended absence and after all this time, he's ... what, 23?[/quote]

In the comics, Superman doesn't really age that much. Chalk it up to a yellow sun basically giving him both superpowers as well as a Wolverine-style healing factor.

Skip X3 and save your hard earned cheap ass dollars for Superman Returns folks.

After watching it a couple more times and getting out of my Superman fanboyism, did anyone else think Dr. Evil after Spacey said "BILLIONS!"?

My first thought seeing Kevin Spacey was, "Are we going to get to see him masturbate in a shower again?"

I've always thought he was an excellent actor, but didn't think he could pull off a villain that well. Then I remembered "Se7en" and "The Usual Suspects". I think he'll do just fine.

well, ive always been on the shelf on this movie, but hot damn the trailer is fantastic.

The fact it has the original Superman music makes it a winner.

Does this movie take place after the other 4?

I'm more excited the more I watch the trailer. Superman 2 is still the best, though.

It looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing it more then I am X3, but I'm not sure if I'm going to see either in the theater.

[quote name='Roufuss']The fact it has the original Superman music makes it a winner.

Does this movie take place after the other 4?

I'm more excited the more I watch the trailer. Superman 2 is still the best, though.[/quote]

I think this movie is supposed to take place 6 years after part 2. You're supposed to ignore that 3 and 4 ever happened. It's what I call the Highlander Conundrum.:lol:

I wish they woulda done this 2016, so that Lois and Supes wouldnt look so young. I mean, Lois looks like the kids brother, or she had him when she was 15. Superman looks like they could switch him with the actor who plays young Clark in the movie and no one would notice.

it is questionable how the music will be....... williams did an amazing job with the score to the first movie, to have him replaced by someone else for this new modern superman , well the new guy has a lot of work cut of for him as he has to live up to the great williams! Take T3, new directors, new john connor, new composer :( I better hear that superman theme somewhere in the movie or else ill be fuming!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='pinoy530']I wish they woulda done this 2016, so that Lois and Supes wouldnt look so young. I mean, Lois looks like the kids brother, or she had him when she was 15. Superman looks like they could switch him with the actor who plays young Clark in the movie and no one would notice.[/QUOTE]

Kinda what I was saying. Setting aside the issues of Action Comics(?) where Supes is still alive 6 billion years in the future, watching the sun go out, the age thing just smacks me as pandering to the ever-important youth audience, as if they can't watch a movie where the main character is over 21. This movie is supposed to take place 6 years after Superman II? I don't buy it. He looks the same age as Tom Welling in Smallville. Kinda throws the "Lex and Clark grew up together" basis of that show right out the window, too, no?

And god help them if that kid is secretly some kind of "super son." Gee, Supes has been gone six years? And how old does that kid look? Fishy.

all I can say is... GAYZORZ! .... jk

looks better than I was thinking. I know I'll see it, but I never really was looking forward to it other than the fact that it's brian singer.

after this though I demand Kingdom Come... it's one of the few DC superhero storys I liked alot.

[quote name='trq']Kinda what I was saying. Setting aside the issues of Action Comics(?) where Supes is still alive 6 billion years in the future, watching the sun go out, the age thing just smacks me as pandering to the ever-important youth audience, as if they can't watch a movie where the main character is over 21. This movie is supposed to take place 6 years after Superman II? I don't buy it. He looks the same age as Tom Welling in Smallville. Kinda throws the "Lex and Clark grew up together" basis of that show right out the window, too, no?

And god help them if that kid is secretly some kind of "super son." Gee, Supes has been gone six years? And how old does that kid look? Fishy.[/QUOTE]

Weirdly Teri Hatcher probably would have been more age appropiate bosworth is only 23. But after seeing he rin woinderland I wouldn't put any part past her. I really thought the welling guy from smallville should have got the role but it seems like the guy they picked works.

I think that the lois in this is gonna suck about as hard as tom cruises wife did in batman begins.

Other than that im glad this movies finaly hapening hope it comes out well.

Maybe marvel will put some time and effort into there movies now that dc is beating some ass and still apealing to adults.

43625superfriendreturns1ae.jpg

i take back my earlier comment about dc apealing to adults the teaser was great this trailer is as campy as a troma movie ugh.

Just saw the trailer and all I can say is hogwash! If this is what DC puts out then I will use crazy words to explain the hogwash of a trailer. Superman Returns will be the most feminine looking thing in the Superman universe even more than Lois & Clark. Wow I can't believe that trailer was that weak. Pure hogwash!

bread's done
Back