Superman: The Animated Series Vol. 1/2/3, $11.87/$4.68/$16.58 FSSS

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']The super cheap ass in my only allowed me to buy the first two. Thanks for posting this.[/QUOTE]

Lol. As someone who was never really a fan of Superman, this show is freaking great.

I grew up with this show. I love it so much. I wish the Batman series would follow suit.
I love when shows like this drop so cheap. I got Superjail season one for for $5.xx and Silverhawks for $4.xx.

Crap. I just ordered 2 movies and needed a little more to get FSSS so I grabbed a cheap game that is just going to sit in my backlog.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I grew up with this show. I love it so much. I wish the Batman series would follow suit.
I love when shows like this drop so cheap. I got Superjail season one for for $5.xx and Silverhawks for $4.xx.[/QUOTE]

I finally caved and paid the high price for Batman: The Animated Series.

I did find Batman Volume 1 for $20 @ Walmart though (better that the ~$27 at Amazon).

This is a great deal. Thanks for sharing it. I also only got the first two seasons, although there is a used copy of season 3 with prime shipping for under $7.

the complete series set just packages the same discs in a different case, with one extra disc with a mere 17 minute bonus feature so you are not missing out on anything, there is no remastering. Just an FYI, each volume has one 1-sided disc and one flipper disc if your dvd player has difficulty playing them.

Damn, I bought this at 12:30pm yesterday and it's scheduled to be here this afternoon.
I was hoping volume 3 would follow suit but it went up to $17.23
Volume 2 went up $0.20 to $4.68.

Got all three season for $18.00 (the third season is $4.99 + $2.98 shipping). Not a bad deal. Love all these childhood shows coming out on DVD. Got Captain Planet a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it very much!

Thanks, I picked up volumes 1 and 2 for cheap. I can always wait and get the third one for dirt cheap at a later time.

And thank you 4thHorseman for mentioning Season 5 of The Batman. I've been waiting forever for a good deal on that and it was still only priced at $6.74 so I picked that up as well.

[quote name='ssjmichael']how is The Batman? I've never seen it before. Is it completely different from the Batman: TAS?[/QUOTE]
It is. I watched a couple seasons of it, off and on, with my son. It's not bad, but it's just different. It's a younger Bruce Wayne, and it has a very Jackie Chan style of animation. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I mean, it's still very much Batman, it's just him from a slightly different angle. Like how Brave and the Bold focuses on the serial style Batman, this one tries to be the grittier cartoon Batman.

[quote name='ssjmichael']how is The Batman? I've never seen it before. Is it completely different from the Batman: TAS?[/QUOTE]

If you can get pass some of the...different looks...to the villains, its not so bad.

When will Batman: The Animated Series drop in price? Amazon had it the volumes at around $20 but now the prices have increased since.

[quote name='E_Man']When will Batman: The Animated Series drop in price? Amazon had it the volumes at around $20 but now the prices have increased since.[/QUOTE]

$20 is probably the price-point to look for. They're 4-discs with 28 episodes a piece and have an enthusiastic audience that's willing to pay full-price for them.

That said, when Dark Knight was in theaters, Best Buy had Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The Batman, and other superhero titles very cheap. With Dark Knight Rises on the horizon, I bet you can wrangle up some good prices this summer.

Did anyone order and receive volume 3?

Mine looks different than the first two volumes and I just want to be sure it's legit. The volume lettering on the spine is a little different, as is the Superman logo on the spine, and a few things are slightly different on the informational section on the back of the case.

[quote name='blindinglights']Did anyone order and receive volume 3?

Mine looks different than the first two volumes and I just want to be sure it's legit. The volume lettering on the spine is a little different, as is the Superman logo on the spine, and a few things are slightly different on the informational section on the back of the case.[/QUOTE]

That's normal. I don't know why they didn't make the spines uniform; the changes are so trivial.

bread's done
Back