Supermarket refuses to personalize a cake for a 3-year-old

Look on the bright side, in about a decade and a half, those kids will make the Menendez Boys look like Mama's Boys.

Besides, he's lying. He never asked for a cake. See, moron. I can deny things happened too.

I'm going to move to where these people live and name my kid FDR.

Then I'll teach him to beat up Adolf every day after school under the bleachers. :)

[quote name='mykevermin']I blame the cake.[/quote]Seconded.

Had they not made such a stink about it, they wouldn't have had such visibility like they did.

Should be interesting to hear that plays out.

I think it's a little ridiculous to have their kids taken away for whom they named their kids after. From what we know, they were not physically beaten or neglected.

[quote name='yukine']I think it's a little ridiculous to have their kids taken away for whom they named their kids after. From what we know, they were not physically beaten or neglected.[/QUOTE]

Oh! They are AWFUL people because the majority disagrees with what these people named their kids!!111!

Naming a kid Adolf Hitler in the 21st century in light of the things that Hitler did and/or convinced others to do is pretty abusive.

[quote name='lilboo']Oh! They are AWFUL people because the majority disagrees with what these people named their kids!!111![/quote]

Riiiight...that's the only reason the kids were taken.

And I don't think a personalized birthday cake is a guaranteed right for anyone.

Boo-fuckin'-Hoo.

[quote name='yukine']I think it's a little ridiculous to have their kids taken away for whom they named their kids after. From what we know, they were not physically beaten or neglected.[/QUOTE]
Those parents are setting their kids up for discrimination, bigotry, and a life of hurt (emotinally, physically, mentally...)

Imagine that kid going to school. He'd have to justify his name each and every day. He'd be the butt of many jokes. He'd be chastised unfairly. He'd have to protect himself. You think parents are going to feel comfortable saying his name??? "yea, let adolph hitler come to your party...."

Then, imagine him trying to get a job. Lawd....he better be the smartest, hardest working, most referred guy in his state!

I hate when parents do this. If you KNOW something is wrong, don't do it! It's wrong to name your kid legally after someone that has scarred many races and religions. That's just reckless.

Yeah, it's hard to be casual about taking the kids away. These people are jerks, and it makes me sick to think that these kids would be raised as racists and bigots. But that's not legal grounds to take the kids away in and of itself. Nor is the fact that they'll get picked on for the names.

But maybe there is more to it and they had some evidence of neglect or abuse etc.

[quote name='chakan']People who would name their kid Adolf Hitler probably make other bad parenting choices.[/QUOTE]

I'd name the kid Gaylord myself.

[quote name='rickonker']It's interesting that so many of you are so casual about the government taking away somebody's kids.[/quote]

Under the right conditions (neglect, abuse, etc.), that's the absolute best thing to do for the sake of the kids.

In this case, the reason is up for debate.

The parents were apparently pretty casual about naming their kids. I see no problem with stopping Neo Nazis from procreating or raising children.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm going to move to where these people live and name my kid FDR.

Then I'll teach him to beat up Adolf every day after school under the bleachers. :)[/quote]
Get an English Bulldog and name him Churchill as well heh

[quote name='Halo05']The parents were apparently pretty casual about naming their kids. I see no problem with stopping Neo Nazis from procreating or raising children.[/quote]

An anti-Nazi eugenicist? Irony alert!

I'm making a wanking motion with my hand.

I hate Nazis. It's who I am. I never claimed to be rational about it. I don't need an excuse to think the way I do given the history of the Nazi party and its little skinhead bastard children across the Western World.

I sort of see where you're coming from. There's nothing keeping adult, white-trash retards across America from hanging posters of Hitler all over their homes but when you start poisoning your children with anti-semitism and racism, I have a big problem. It's child abuse, no question.

[quote name='strongpimphand']Those parents are setting their kids up for discrimination, bigotry, and a life of hurt (emotinally, physically, mentally...)

Imagine that kid going to school. He'd have to justify his name each and every day. He'd be the butt of many jokes. He'd be chastised unfairly. He'd have to protect himself. You think parents are going to feel comfortable saying his name??? "yea, let adolph hitler come to your party...."

Then, imagine him trying to get a job. Lawd....he better be the smartest, hardest working, most referred guy in his state!

I hate when parents do this. If you KNOW something is wrong, don't do it! It's wrong to name your kid legally after someone that has scarred many races and religions. That's just reckless.[/quote]
But I don't think they should be taken away from their parents because they will be perceived as different and thus alienated from others.

Anyway, no point in arguing about it:

"I can say we become involved when there is an allegation of abuse or neglect, and remove a child only if there is an imminent risk to the safety of child," she said. "We would never remove a child simply based on their name." http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=6648877&page=1

bread's done
Back