Support Games at MSRP-Rogers/Circuit City/BBVStreet Fghter iv -$59!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Rogers seems to be the only store to price games at MSRP now.....

PLEASE SUPPORT THEM!

If you for whatever reason hate ROGERS, take the AD and PM@ EB Games/FS/BB...ETC...

Games at MSRP:
Street fighter iv-59
KILLZONE 2-59
GODFATHER 2-59
Fear 2-59

EAT LEAD-49

DEAD RAISING-39
House of Dead OVER KILL-46
Tenchu wii-49

Wii Zapper-$14!

Does EB pricematch? I didn't know that. I have store credit there that I'm gonna use towards SF4, so if it works out-- thanks.

[quote name='gamer602']You did not know that EB price matches????

Its in their system too!!!

Match with____company.[/quote]

actually i didnt know they did either, i asked the guy working there a while ago and he said no we don't price match.

Sometimes EB will pricematch. Sometimes they wont.

Any time I've done it they need an actual flyer, not a printout.

if it is more then 10 I will not price match it and if 10 is more then the profit i will not price match it at all.

[quote name='Ranzo']if it is more then 10 I will not price match it and if 10 is more then the profit i will not price match it at all.[/quote]

Is this Company policy?

I was told that e power to determne the policy at their stores, is this true?

What is the official line?

I've gotten PM with differences of $50 PLUS...

fuck, Futureshop has SF4 listed at $69 now, and $89 for the Collector's Edition. Is our economy really that shitty right now?

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Is EB charging $69 for SF4? If so, I'll gladly cancel my preorder and go to Rogers.[/quote]

Its definitely at $69. I did the trade3 for it and got 69.99 as the price of the game. I got it for under $30 so who cares.

I don't buy full price retail games anymore unless I'm forced too.

I support games at MSRP but soon MSRP will be 69.99 and not 59.99.

The economy is going down the hole and estimates put it at lasting at least a year and likely 2 years so you can expect most places to increase game prices.

EB started it with COD: WaW and its starting to spread.

Rogers can keep selling games at $59.99 but generally speaking, their stock is not good and selection is not good. There's a reason they shut down over 10 stores across Canada just recently.

EB is pathetic for PMing...don't even bother. Anyway its good rogers at least keeping it at 59$, so I would buy from them...but the thing is Amazon.ca usually sells it for less with the 10$ off thing, so theres really no point,

I'm all for Rogers. They've been good for me for years and years. I remember when I was like 13-14, a diehard little gamer, the nice asian girl that worked there remembered me and was always friendly and didn't make me go get my mom from the car when I wanted to rate an M rated game. Those were the days :D

PS: My mom didn't care never cared about ESRB ratings =P

Aaaaanyway I'll buy SF at Rogers if/when I do get it.

Just so y'all know, SFIV is listed as $59.99 in Blockbuster's database right now, as well as Killzone 2 (I work there and checked yesterday). Who knows if the price will stay the same, but, yeah.

wow. I was surprised to see lots of people actually paying MSRP. I thought people here are really CHEAP to pay full price plus tax. lol

[quote name='sh10151']which is 49.99 with the coupon.[/quote]

can anyone remind me how the coupon works again (and also the code)?

[quote name='return']can anyone remind me how the coupon works again (and also the code)?[/quote]

Make a new account and use the coupon MAPNEWNCSAVE. $10 your purchase.

49.99 for Star Ocean and Resident Evil 5 with $10 Amazon Code! Still works!
*Heart* MSRP (Though I could still go for cheaper)

edit: *haha beat me to it~*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to bring something up. Best Buy/Future Shop had Resi 5 for 59.99 only for PS3 for a couple weeks, and recently added the Xbox 360 version + $10 more. Sucky! Only thing about Amazon is the wait! I have to pick Express shipping because 5-7 days is unbearable for the upcoming Feb/March Releases.

Still my copies of Resi 5 + Star Ocean came to $61 each with Taxes+Shipping Respectively :D

"isn't the 60$ MSRP in US currency?"

Yeah, I'm pretty the MSRP is $59.99USD, which is clearly not $59.99CAD. You have to take into account the exchange rate. In actuality, $59.99USD is closer to $74.99CAD. Thank goodness we don't have to pay that.

Getting my local EB Games to price match is like pulling teeth.

I think I'll find 3 tradebait games and do the Trade 3 + 99 Cents, which is now the Manitoban equivalent of the Trade 3 deal.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Is EB charging $69 for SF4? If so, I'll gladly cancel my preorder and go to Rogers.[/quote]

If you orginally preorded it for 59.99 then you will get it for 59.99.

I orginally did the trade 2 + 9.99 for it back when that promo was still going on so i paid it off.

[quote name='afterburn999']If you orginally preorded it for 59.99 then you will get it for 59.99.[/quote]

I only put five bucks down way back then. I haven't put more than a fin down on a preorder at EB since I found out how much they make off the interest on money like that :)

for what its worth, games use to be 69.99 and trade 3 titles had the games bumped 23.33. this hasnt changed, games always get bumped to a third of their value (when games were 59.99 trade3 was 20+20+19.99) we dont lose anything because 8$ tiv games are still qualifiers, and get bumped up as the game gets bumped up via msrp.

just throwing it out there, if your eb isnt following that they're wrong, i am almost 100% positive on this and have been told this by 2 seperate stores.

the first thing people should do is stop pre-ordering games at brick and mortar stores.
It serves no purpose, when the game does come out it only makes you a hostage and have to buy it there. When you are really into games and go to the store at the right time, in 99% of the cases the games will be available.

Pre-ordering is the opposite of shopping around !

Be smart and vote with your wallets.

Stupid stores have stupid offers because customers buy like stupid idots !

cant get much better than paying 9.99 - 14.99 for games, than getting SFIV or RE5 for 29.97 or at most 44.97 (plus taxes anyway :) )

bread's done
Back