Supreme Commander 2 Announced...

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
and it's being published by Square Enix. That's... interesting. http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55866

Square Enix today announced that it will publish Gas Powered Games' Supreme Commander 2, a sequel to the 2007 real-time strategy game.

No other details about the game, including platforms or release dates, were announced, just that these would be available "at a later time."

Square Enix did note this deal would be the first of several new publishing deals, with the company looking to expand its western development portfolio. Traditionally, the Square Enix group has only worked with other Japanese companies.

"We see great opportunities in European and North American markets, both of which are expected to be maintaining sustainable growth over these coming years," said Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix Co., Ltd. "Therefore, it is crucial we create alliances with proven developers such as Gas Powered Games in order to serve these significant markets better by providing products and services in tune with customer tastes."

Hm... that is very interesting that Square Enix is publishing the game, however, I was fairly disappointed by the first Supreme Commander. So this isn't all that exciting to me.

This is interesting news. I enjoyed the first game quite a bit, although getting run over by the computer with a huge army of advanced units 10 minutes into a skirmish is pretty cheap and very frustrating.

I'll probably pick up Sup Com 2 once it drops in price (which shouldn't take too horribly long considering how the first game did).

Square-Enix publishing an RTS game that hardcore RTS players find hardcore? Weird.

The first one was alright, but then again I only paid $10 for it.

wow, that's great... strange, but great.

I enjoyed both SupComs, still awesome on two screens, I just need to get a third screen some how

I will definately pick this up once the price drops from 50... maybe a place will give out a 10 GC...

It's a great start...and considering the size of SE, they have the money and name to publish a good number of games in the future.

bread's done
Back