Surgeons set to release what will be the rarest Wii game of all

Cambot

CAGiversary!
Who wants to bet this will be sought after by collectors?

Playing with the Wii could help surgeons in training improve their fine motor skills and performance in a surgical simulator. Eight trainees were asked to play the Wii for an hour before performing virtual laparoscopic surgery with a tool that simulates a patient's body and tracks the surgeon's movements as he or she operates.

The Wii-playing residents scored 48 percent higher than others without the warm-up with the Wii, working faster and more accurately.

Although the researchers first relied on off-the-shelf Wii games, they will soon release a complete surgical training system they designed for the Wii, where trainees can practice suturing and other procedures.

In a related story, doctors are already complaining that the simulator's graphics are inferior to those of it's console's contemporaries and that the gameplay feels as though it were designed for children. Lead surgeons charged with ordering the software have already been mislead by the tidal wave of 'surgical simulation' shovelware that has appeared seemingly overnight. On a positive note, surgeons are remarking on their new-found desire to "get up and play". One doctor was overheard exclaiming, "my mom beat me on the first three levels of "Wii Angioplasty"!"

I remember a girl I worked with, who was going to school for radiology, telling me that her professor told her to spend time with a Wii to help improve hand-eye coordination.

Will it require the motion plus?

i am guessing it will track somewhat like the Wii Fit weight and balance test do with the steadiness, etc.

bread's done
Back