SurplusComputers.com has refurb GH II and III for $50/$60

bcombee

CAGiversary!
I occasionally buy from SurplusComputers.com, and in their most recent email blast, I saw these deals

Guitar Hero 2 Bundle for Xbox 360 - $49.99
Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock Wireless Xbox 360 Bundle - $59.99
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle (PS2) - $49.99
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Bundle (PS3) - $59.99

All of the bundles are marked as refurbished, but they have a 90-day warranty. I've ordered one of the Xbox360 GHIII packs. S&H is about $8 ground, but no sales tax unless you're in California.

he sells on ebay as well, for free shipping, at least the last time I checked. He has a 97% on ebay I think.

Surplus Computers is also another shop, and I've bought stuff from both sites with no problems. In fact the 800Mhz cordless phone system I got from that place for next to nothing, along with a couple of nearly-free LED flashlights are still working like a charm.

Cant comment on customer service, but they ship your stuff.....so there you go... ;)

Give credit to FW or ATECH on this one OP.

They've been kind enough lately to credit us for jacked deals.

Anyways - from what they've been saying over there - it's hit and miss - these refurbs come DOA about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time so it's quite the gamble. Just check their TOS for the refund policy just in case.

I didn't know other sites had posted about this... I'm just on the Surplus Computers mailing list. The DOA percentages don't sound great; I'll be sure to report on how my unit works when it gets in.

[quote name='CorporalJackson']Anyone know is this site is reputable?[/quote]

I had an absolutely miserable experience that went on for months. stay away!

While I have seen the GHII bundles around for $50, the $60 GHIII might not be a bad deal at all. Still, refurbs are too much of a gamble for my tastes.

trust me do not deal with this site. especially on an already risky item. they're customer service is non existent. after a month of not receiving my order I asked for cancellation. I need the parts promptly because I was building a PC. rather than reply they sent the items and charged my card which I already bought somewhere else. It took many emails/calls to get the purchase refunded. the items they sent were very poor in quality.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.

if you don't believe me I suggest calling customer service with a question and see how they treat you.

I rolled the dice. I've bought several things from them and had good experiences. My guess is that if you buy GH3 new and have to send in your defective guitar, they are most likely sending you a refurb anyway... plus one could always use the GH2 guitar with the game (assuming you have a GH2 guitar).

$59 with no tax and free shipping is worth the risk to me.

Well.. just got home from work and a Ups worn plain white box was waiting on me. Opened it up to find a very clean (looks new honestly) black wireless les paul with 2 working duracell batteries, a new strap, a new pack of stickers, instructions, and a brand new MS Sealed copy of GH3.

So far so good. Very impressed for a refurb combo. I wasn't really expecting the guitar to look new and certainly wasn't expecting the game to be brand new.

I'll report back after I try out the guitar. Looks realy good so far for $59 shipped.

;)

Update: It seems to work fine. Went through all the tutorials and one practice song. No noticable problems.

I purchased the an extra car kit and a home kit for my xm radio about a month ago and everything went flawless with this site

bread's done
Back