Surprise! The Passion is getting an Easter re-release

That sucker is going to be in permanent annual rotation, just like 'The Ten Commandments' coming around during Passover, and 'The Wizard of Oz' on Timothy Leary's birthday.

It's a recut for the squeemish. Another $300 mil, I'd expect. then again, I saw it last time around in theaters.

[quote name='thagoat']MEL GIBSON IS ONE SMART MO FO!!![/quote]

Smart... this is par for the course; the way it was recieved by the Christian community it only makes sense. My church bought an entire showing by it's self. Personally, I don't really want to see it every Easter. It's not a bad movie... but it is a bit horrific... and while I understand that the movie pales in comparison to what probally did happen... I don't think it's all together healthy to watch something as graphic as that when you want to be joyous about what happened.

EDIT: Thanks for the caps... :roll:

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Didn't see it last time, won't see it this time.[/quote]

Good choice. I caught in theaters last year and didn't think much of it. I actually thought it was poorly done and overyly dramatic.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Didn't see it last time, won't see it this time.[/quote]

Good choice. I caught in theaters last year and didn't think much of it. I actually thought it was poorly done and overyly dramatic.[/quote]

Yeah, my friends said that they were laughing for most of it because of how overly dramatic it was.

Saw it the day it opened -a bit graphic for my taste. I guess I'm more interested in a biographical (historical or not) movie.

Oh great. Hopefully, this time my Mom won't make us go see it again. I don't feel like seeing getting tortured a for an hour or two on Easter.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Didn't see it last time, won't see it this time.[/quote]

Good choice. I caught in theaters last year and didn't think much of it. I actually thought it was poorly done and overyly dramatic.[/quote]

Yeah, my friends said that they were laughing for most of it because of how overly dramatic it was.[/quote]

:lol: Thats exactly what I was doing. I also thought the actors were pretty bad at acting. Almost on the Original PS1 acting bad level.

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='thagoat']MEL GIBSON IS ONE SMART MO FO!!![/quote]

Smart... this is par for the course; the way it was recieved by the Christian community it only makes sense. My church bought an entire showing by it's self. Personally, I don't really want to see it every Easter. It's not a bad movie... but it is a bit horrific... and while I understand that the movie pales in comparison to what probally did happen... I don't think it's all together healthy to watch something as graphic as that when you want to be joyous about what happened.[/quote]

Good news...it's been recut for people just like you. They took out 5 or 6 of the most gruesome scenes.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Only Catholics would truly want to celebrate the suffering of Jesus as opposed to everything else in Bible. Mel Gibson is a loon...[/quote]

Yes, he is a loon. Speaking of Mel Gibson anyone remember him in South Park? Thats how I think of him :lol:

[quote name='whoknows'][quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Only Catholics would truly want to celebrate the suffering of Jesus as opposed to everything else in Bible. Mel Gibson is a loon...[/quote]

Yes, he is a loon. Speaking of Mel Gibson anyone remember him in South Park? Thats how I think of him :lol:[/quote]

Funniest freakin episode EVER!!!!

There's no passion like Easter Passion. Or so I've heard. No, wait...it's: watch Gibson dying and getting beaten & leave your poor eggs at home. No, that's not it either. Dammit, I messed it up.

[edit: actually, I don't agree. I thought that South Park episode was far too heavy-handed in its own right and not funny at all. I don't idolize Mel Gibson, but I don't revile him, either. He's just an actor. People shouldn't expect him to be a role model you can look up to, or some villain who's out to push some religious/political agenda. He's made some good movies, and I think he's a decent actor. Then again, I never saw Passion of the Christ, so I can't say anything about that film, or his image as an actor because of it.]

I hope Mel Gibson gets cancer and dies.

Oh, and saying "Only Catholics would truly want to celebrate the suffering of Jesus as opposed to everything else in Bible. " sounds rather prejudiced.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']I hope Mel Gibson gets cancer and dies.

Oh, and saying "Only Catholics would truly want to celebrate the suffering of Jesus as opposed to everything else in Bible. " sounds rather prejudiced.[/quote]

Was that meant to be ironic?

I'll stay home and hunt for easter eggs and eat my chocolate rabbit thank you very much.

I didn't want to see it when it first came out and I don't want to see it now. If I really want to see it I'll rent it on DVD.

HEY LEGION! HERE'S SOME MORE CAPS FOR YOU, MO FO!! i know caps signify yelling, but you can't actually hear it so WHO GIVES A CRAP!! the best is when someone types "stop yelling". its so gay.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']I hope Mel Gibson gets cancer and dies.

Oh, and saying "Only Catholics would truly want to celebrate the suffering of Jesus as opposed to everything else in Bible. " sounds rather prejudiced.[/quote]

Having been baptised Catholic, I know from whence I speak. It's not meant as derogatory, just a factual statement.

[quote name='thagoat']HEY LEGION! HERE'S SOME MORE CAPS FOR YOU, MO FO!! i know caps signify yelling, but you can't actually hear it so WHO GIVES A CRAP!! the best is when someone types "stop yelling". its so gay.[/quote]

Please go back to GameFAQS.

bread's done
Back