Surprisingly fun games that you didnt expect much from

Listening to the Shipwrecks I was reminded.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy!!! Man that was a good one.

Katamari Damacy. I was kinda excited for it, being a kooky japanese game..but who would have thought it would dominate the next 40 hours of my life.

Boom Boom Rocket on Xbox Live. Yeah, it's just a different take on DDR but it's fun.

Also, Pac-Man Championship Edition. It's the best version of Pac-Man ever, including Ms. Pac-Man.

TMNT - yes I know it's not really a good game, but I played it and actually had fun. It set off some sort of nostalgia thing in my brain.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, played it at a friends house was totally surprised that it wasn't awful. This was about 2-3 months after release of the game.
Saints Row
Crackdown
Guitar Hero

Jericho for the PS3.

Got the game through CAG. Poor reviews had turned me away initially but I was interested in the concept and story so I gave it a shot. Spent the last week beating it and loved it.

It's fairly obvious in reading the reviews that they didn't give the game much of a chance. One of the complaints was that you spent too much time reviving your teammates. I found that if I used different tactics in moving through the game (pulling targets rather than just running through) that I never had to do this. I also never had any problems with my squad not following commands.

Mythos. It's kind of sad, but I think Flagship put more effort in this than Hellgate: London (fun and bug-fixing wise)...

God of War.

The Greek mythology aspect didn't seem all that interesting.
Combat influenced by street fighter 2 "bugs" (cancels) worried me. The first time I played the demo and realized the potential of this whirling dervish of utter destruction, I smiled.

Wario Ware!

Also that Earth Defense Force game for the 360. It's pretty fun fighting off swarms of giant ants with a friend.

[quote name='rhymetimesfine']God of War. [/quote]

This is it for me as I came in expecting boobies and came out with top-of-the-line gameplay, graphics and cinematics :cool:

:whistle2:$Props to the ESRB for labeling "Nudity" on games...:roll:

Starcraft, who'd a thunk it. I was never that strategy type, but I enjoyed SC greatly. Too bad everyone that still plays pwns me hardcore.

and

Halo. I kinda liked Quake, but Halo was really the first to open my eyes to what an FPS truly is capable of. Single player and multiplayer wise.

I love No More Heroes. I expected to like No More Heroes, and it was really a fantastic game.

That is not what this post is about.

After playing and being blown away by No More Heroes, I decided to get Killer7. Everything I had heard about this game indicated that you either love it or hate it - and many of the people who love it love it in spite of the gameplay, not because of it.

Many of the people who love it are crazy.

Killer7 is fucking cream, folks. It definitely has its flaws - going through tutorials is a pain, a lot of the personalities are useless in your average fight, some areas have infinite enemy respawns, and you have to re-invert the Y-axis every time you turn the game on. But damn man, it looks good, it sounds good, and it plays fantastically.

Also, one guy talks in smilies. So fucking there.

Starwars Battle Front 2 for the PSP, I thought it was gonna be a cruddy version of the Xbox one but this game rocked. Also I wasn't expecting much from Daxter for the PSP as well but I finished it and I think it's my favorite PSP game I have now.

bread's done
Back