Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

In the Mood for Love:

Sad film. The two leads were great. One of those films that require multiple viewings to catch everything.

Bullit:

Started a little slow,but boy does it get good. I enjoy the realistic approach it went for. And then you have the classic car chase; no music or shitty dialogue todistract you.

Somebody Up There Likes Me:

It's a good boxing film mainly from Paul Newman's excellent performance. It's also very similar too Raging Bull in a lot ways.

Here we go...

Fifty Shades of Grey - 4/5 - My 4th times viewing from post-screening.
The Lazarus Effect Unofficial Premiere - 3/5 - Silly movie. I got bored. Cast were there minus Olivia Wilde.
Kingsmen: The Secret Service 4DX - 5/5 - I loved the motion experience in 4D.
The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water 3D 4DX - 3/5 - I hated the smell of shitty water spray and fog. The bubble was a nice added touch.
Jupiter Ascending 3D 4DX - 4/5 - This it way too much. Whenever it shoot on screen I get punched in the back so frickin hard and felt like someone stabbed me in the back. lol
Focus IMAX Premiere - 4/5 - It was an awesome movie! Margot Robbie did a pretty great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Planet Of The Apes

I had low expectations due to the age of the film but WOW this blew my mind. Those damn apes were vicious and of course the ending is a classic. 4.5/5

The Interview - A slightly above average comedy that benefits from the hype surrounding the movie. If you like Rogan and Franco it's worth checking out. If you are not a fan of their comedy you should pass. I thought This Is The End was a far better movie. I like these guys but this one fell short. The actor playing Kim Jong Un did a great job. Good for a few chuckles. 3.5/5
Redbox free rental.

Spongebob Movie - Completely horrible. This movie had almost zero of the fun of Spongebob. It had one good scene that included seeing into the inner workings of Spongebob's brain. That was it. It gets one extra star because of the franchise name. 2/5
$5 Sunday at the theater.

BTW I took my daughter's to the Spongebob movie. They both loved it. I asked for their ratings after. 5/5 and 100/5

The Gunfighter:

Really shows the price of fame.Gregory Peck gives one of his best performances.

The Naked Spur:

Another really good Western. Great ending too it,with so much raw emotion from Jimmy Stewart.

Finally watched the Interview. I borrowed the DVD from the library, and laughed at Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg(?) thanking me for being an American, when I did the cheapass thing on not spend any money for the movie. Fun flick, if a little too long like Pineapple Express/ I thought the Potemkin village thing would be further elaborated, but kinda disappointed. Randall Park is pretty amazing as Un, and comparing his role to Fresh Off the Boat, damn he got fat.

Alien

Not scary at all, but I loved the story and tension. The characters are believable and realistic. The ending sequence was really neat and trippy, with the flashing lights.   4/5

Cause the comics changed him to a black guy based on Samuel L. Jackson, so when the movies came around, Samuel L. Jackson was the obvious choice.

Actually, Sam Jackson was the first MCU actor cast. He granted Marvel the rights to his likeness for Ultimate Nick Fury upon the condition that he would play the character whenever they got around to making movies. This was well before Iron Man 1.

The Swarm:

You would think a movie about a killer African bee swarm would be entertaining,but no it's pretty boring. 75% of the film is just boring ass exposition dialogue. You get some pretty funny moments such as when the swarm blows up a nuclear powerplant. It's also pretty entertaining seeing Michael Caine make an ass out of himself with some hilariously bad lines.

Wet Hot American Summer. Internet raves about it and for once in a long time, I'm not that crazy about it. Mostly because I've never been to summer camp. My favorite parts were: Christopher Meloni talking to his can of Liddy Mixed Vegetables, and Michael Ian Black and Bradley Cooper getting married.

Foxcatcher

John Cen-uh I mean Channing Tatum was really good in this. I knew he was capable of so much more than the stupid Jump Street movies. Steve Carell killed it but that makeup and nose was a tad distracting at times. He looked more like Jerry Seinfeld. The time lapse could have been clearly shown in an obvious way instead of us relying on the aging makeup again. Overall i enjoyed it  4/5

Rasputin the Mad Monk:

Started pretty good,but it get really dull after those first 20 mins. It does pick up near the end though. I did enjoy Christopher Lee's performance as the title character.

Miami Connection:

Second time viewing this. Still funny as hell,though it get's old near the end. The whole film is mostly just a bunch of random scenes edited together.

Dracula: Prince of Darkness

It's a good sequel to Horror of Dracula. It does take a while to get going though,but that Hammer atmosphere keeps you watching.

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave:

Has some issues,but is enjoyable. It is a bit more hokey,and the director for some reason is constantly using distracting color filters in a lot of shots.

Freaks:

Those last 10 mins are fucking creepy.

Prisoners

Damn good performance by Jake G. This guy just oozed badass and charisma. Not sure if there were some minor plot holes or I just need to watch a second time, but this was a really good mystery drama.  4.5/5

Raiders of the Lost Ark. First time watching it completely. Fun movie, but not something I would watch continiously. Would it be odd if I liked Romancing the Stone better?

Raiders of the Lost Ark. First time watching it completely. Fun movie, but not something I would watch continiously. Would it be odd if I liked Romancing the Stone better?
I haven't watched Raiders in a while but caught an episode of Big Bang on telly recently where they said that the whole film is rendered pointless since the Nazi's would have opened the Ark and died anyway.

Having watched this recently, would this have been the case?

The Bourne Identity - Fun movie, CIA pricks. I don't understand what's with the stunt casting.

Rosewater- Great movie, at least it didn't dwell on misery way too long, and more on hope.

[quote name="detectiveconan16" post="12585723" timestamp="1427059573"]The Bourne Identity - Fun movie, CIA pricks. I don't understand what's with the stunt casting.
[/quote]
You should check out Bourne Ultimatum behind the scenes.

Mad Love:

Peter Lorre was fantastic in this. The whole of idea of losing control of your body is such a scary thing.

The Face of Fu Manchu:

Not a good film at all,but never gets boring. Has some good fight scenes,and a good variety of locations which keep it from getting dull.

Mad Love:

Peter Lorre was fantastic in this. The whole of idea of losing control of your body is such a scary thing.

The Face of Fu Manchu:

Not a good film at all,but never gets boring. Has some good fight scenes,and a good variety of locations which keep it from getting dull.
Do you only watch indy films? I never heard of the movies you post

Massacre Mafia Style:

It's basically The Godfather if it were done as an exploitative film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz9YqMrTBCo

If the trailer entertains you,then watch this film!

bread's done
Back