Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Spring Breakers

Wow, not the worst movie I have ever seen but It was pretty damn bad. A couple scenes filmed close by me but thats what the 2 points was for.

2/10
Judging by the reviews, this seems like you'll either love it or hate it. Much like you, I hated it.

I finally got around to watching the remake of Fright Night today and really enjoyed it.

Been watching some 'hood' movies.

Fresh - Kid that is on point runs shit. 4.5/5 - netflix

New jack city - wesley snipes takes over with crack. 4/5

harlem nights - 5/5 must see! Richard pryor, eddie murphy.

in too deep - 3.5/5 undercover gets 'in too deep'. - netflix

world war z - 5/5 love that shit. Exciting as hell.

The Evil Dead remake was supremely good.  It embodies exactly what remakes should be about: re-imagining the source material with just enough tweaking that makes it fresh.  Even if you've never seen the original, you can walk away delighted.

Man of Steel.

Fun movie, but B- Superman story.  Still better than Superman Returns.

Still wondering when we are going to get a Supes movie where he isn't on the verge of crying all the time.  The two papas and General Zod killed it though.  They were awesome and made their presence known on screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fast and furious 6 - This was a stupid film but entertaining. There were many moments where I laughed unintentionally and rolled my eyes at a few dialogue choices and the line delivery but heck I like the Rock and Gina Carano is pretty badass.

Rewatched the Dark Knight Rises - got my mum to finally watch this, to complete the trilogy. She loves all the Marvel stuff, liked Begins but hated The Dark Knight but that was because she didn't like the Joker. She really enjoyed this and then started talking about how she enjoyed Bales performance more than Keatons from the 80's. Got to say I was bummed at the ending with the villain's but not so bothered about that now. Overall a fitting end to one of the few perfect trilogies.

Watched Smashed last night. Great performance from Mary Elizabeth Winstead, a truly heart-string tugging movie. Hits addiction on the head.

Evil Dead remake.  It was alright. I'm not much of a horror fan nor a fan of the originals (saw them all once, I think, ages ago), but found it entertaining enough.

$5 a Day - 3.25/5 Uninspired.

Flight - 3.6/5 Did not live up to its potential as a story and a film. 

Silver Linings Playbook - 4/5 Unique, great acting.

Road to Perdition - 3.5/5 Lackluster story. Pretty good execution.

Secretariat - 4/5 Great story, average film.

The Conjuring - Was good. Worth seeing if you like horror movies.

Funny reading about the two people in the movie though who were apparently real since
In the movie they save the day, but in real life they didn't help anything. Not that I think anything really happened, but you know..

The Heat was just okay. I expected a few more laughs out of it even though I'm not that big of a Sandra Bullock fan. Could've been better, could've been worse.

Despicable Me 2 was great, although not as great as the first. 

Hummingbird (Redemption for my Yankee Doodle friends here)  - Basic outline was fairly similar to other Statham films but at the same time it wasn't. At times it felt like it was going towards a Drive-ish direction. Not a bad watch, if you're a Statham fan it's worth watching it to see him actually act.

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance - An OK film, but in comparison to the rest of the Vengeance trilogy, it sucks. I liked the ending sequences, but everything leading up to that was boring and pretty much useless.

Ip man - the action was good, can't believe I hadn't heard of Donnie yen before this film. However the film felt a little propaganda like with overt patriotism, which I'm not too keen on and found a little heavy handed but as a martial arts film its good.

Ted was a perfect example of why Family Guy is ~20 minutes running an episode and a cartoon. I think I laughed twice the entire movie and any messages were muddled in an underwhelming plot that seemed more interested in paying tribute to the 80's than standing on its own.
Exactly you've seen one family guy episode you've seen ted. Horrible movie

Only God Forgives - I tried to keep an open mind but I hated it. Just in my opinion a terrible movie. I got all the symbolism but that doesn't make it good by any means. Just stay away from this one guys.

I see all this hate for Ted, I saw it with friends and we liked it though I get why some here wouldn't.

Watched Oz: The Great and Powerful and 21 & Over on Sunday. Both movies were entertaining. Oz has beautiful scenery and has touching parts to it but I can't understand their casting decision with Mila Kunis. 21 & Over was ridiculously stupid but I laughed so hard. 

Now I understand why so many people liked Dredd: it doesn't take itself seriously.  I'd even go as far to say it's art house but that might be pushing it.  Just a dumb fun movie and I dug it.  Only downside was the BD transfer looks like shit BUT the grain may have been the director's decision.  Adds the extra edge of grit typical in art house.

Pacific Rim. 

Great eye candy from beginning to end, action sequences were over the top.  3D worked well even if it was post-produced.  CGI was amazingly well done.

Sucks that it came out in a bad timeslot and may not make up its costs until it opens overseas.

It would have done well in the UK but monsters university came out same day but saying that no films did particularly well in the box office the past 3 weeks since we had our best summer in years.

Ip man - the action was good, can't believe I hadn't heard of Donnie yen before this film. However the film felt a little propaganda like with overt patriotism, which I'm not too keen on and found a little heavy handed but as a martial arts film its good.
Donnie Yen is epic, loads of good films with him in.

I'm glad they're still making films like Pacific Rim to scratch that itch but what an awful script lol.  I can just imagine Del Toro as a 14 year old boy writing this after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time.  It's so campy and probably on purpose, but I can't help thinking how amazing this movie would have been with a little more effort.

I'm glad they're still making films like Pacific Rim to scratch that itch but what an awful script lol. I can just imagine Del Toro as a 14 year old boy writing this after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time. It's so campy and probably on purpose, but I can't help thinking how amazing this movie would have been with a little more effort.
Godzilla, maybe.

Evangelion. Nope.

The closest Godzilla gets to PR is Ultraman crossovers and even that's a stretch.
You've got to be kidding. Pacific Rim is Del Toro's tribute to giant monster movies. The monsters are even called Kaiju. I don't know how more in your face that could be.

The Wolverine - 4/5 - It took them 4 movies (excluding his cameo in First Class) but they finally got Wolverine right as a character. Some really great visuals mixed with some nice set locations. The sound is pretty good, and blends well with the excellent cinematography. It does get kind of cheesy toward the end, but still a great comic book film. The teaser during/after the credits is right up there with Iron Man's IMO.

4 Assassins - 3/5 - Decent movie with some decent performances (Will Yun Lee and Miguel Ferrer), but ultimately the plot and narrative is too vague and often to forgotten at certain points in the movie. You'd think a movie about four assassins would have a bit more action and martial arts, but oddly enough, it focuses more on tense dialogues and conversations. The writing is a bit cliche in some of the dialogue, but it does make it engaging and enjoyable.

We Bought a Zoo.  Liked it a lot.

The Artist.  First time since seeing it in the theater, loved it just as much the 2nd time around.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX

Oh man. So goood.
Yup. Pretty surprised considering I thought the comic event itself was pretty "meh". But the movie fleshed out the world more than the 5-issue story itself did, animation was great, and overall really damn good. Up there as one of the best DC Animation movies yet IMO.

bread's done
Back