Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Gasland - Must see

I don't know if i can finish this it's so sad... And i usually love documentaries... Wished cheny and bush had died... Why is it good to back Fracking again... ? Yeah...

You're Next - Fun slasher movie with some silly parts.

Fast and Furious 6 - Terrible.  I've liked all the other movies until this one.  I know 5 was pretty crazy and unrealistic, but this was WAY over the top ridiculous to the point where it was just dumb.

Watched Iron Man 3 again but with family this time. I still maintain that it's a very entertaining movie but I can see why some would not like it. I'm not a comics reader so the Mandarin thing for me was actually good, the tone was ok at least it differentiated it for me from the hopelessness of the dark knight rises.  Family really enjoyed it too.

We're the Millers - I thought it would be crap and watched it since there was nothing else on but I was really surprised that I enjoyed it and it was fun. Not the best comedy by any means but it's been better than the other comedies I've seen this year apart from This Is The End. 

I'm not a big Iron Man fan by any stretch, in fact I only saw IM3 because I like going to the movies and go all the time and I still found it awful. The Mandarin thing even bothered me since I finally thought they were going to use a good Iron Man villain for a movie.

Also just a lot of dumb stuff happened in it. Felt more like the Robert Downey Jr trying to be funny show than it did an Iron Man movie.

Sinister - Pretty good.
Wish it stayed away from the ghost aspect as I thought they were the weakest and stupidest parts of the movie. Thankfully it didnt heavily rely on the haunting as the tenseness of a possible home invasion feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Iron Man 3 a lot, even if it was a mess. I was getting bored of Marvel's movies before it.
The new Thor and Cap both are looking good so far but for now I'm not really looking forward for comic book movies in general. Trying to catch up on 90's movies I've missed. Next up 12 monkeys.

You're Next. I enjoyed it; there was humor, thrill, lots of blood and some awesome kills. If you like slashers with some comedy then you will probably like this movie. 

Iron Man 3 was amazing. Let the haters hate. They're wrong.

Dredd - 5/5 - Quite possibly the most badass movie I've ever seen. Karl Urban was fantastic and should be Batman with that voice. I loved how everything was simple in the plot and it all made sense. A few of the Slo-Mo sequences could've been scraped, but I had no problem with the use of the slow motion devices and motifs. Lena Headey plays a really great villain. I'd definitely see a sequel.

Sucker Punch - 1/5 - Overacted, poorly written and poorly directed. Classic Zak Snyder, I suppose.

Oz the Great and Powerful was a pretty nifty movie, provided you aren't jaded about the land of Oz due to Wicked, novel or musical. I only finished Wicked earlier this year and respected the Elphaba quite well, but it was this expectation that could've disappointed me about this movie as the other reviewers it seemed to be.  It was about Oz the Trickster, and the story did what it could do.  I do agree that some of the acting wasn't the best out of these fine actors, especially Ms. Kunis and Ms. Williams, but let's not go into Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face territory.

I laughed at Bruce Campbell's cameo, and Tony Harris really stole the show. I wonder if Ted Raimi was in this movie too.

Considering Oz's comrades were based on people he knew back in his old world, maybe Raimi will do something a little odd for the sequels, like mess with the Wizard's sanity.

Empire State- 2.5/5, Stars Dwayne Johnson and Iiam Hemsworth, starts out pretty good but fizzles towards the middle and end.

Funny thing is I never realized Chris and Liam Hemsworth are two different people, all the movies I saw with Liam in it I thought was Chris Hemsworth.

Chasing Ice -  Must See

I suppose it's a fitting movie to watch after Gasland...  Really depressed and ashamed to be a "murika" human now. 

Dredd - 5/5 - Quite possibly the most badass movie I've ever seen. Karl Urban was fantastic and should be Batman with that voice. I loved how everything was simple in the plot and it all made sense. A few of the Slo-Mo sequences could've been scraped, but I had no problem with the use of the slow motion devices and motifs. Lena Headey plays a really great villain. I'd definitely see a sequel.

Sucker Punch - 1/5 - Overacted, poorly written and poorly directed. Classic Zak Snyder, I suppose.
Oh man. I love both movies.

Clear History

Was pretty good, definitely Larry David being Larry David. Not as funny as curb but still a good watch. Enjoyed Michael Keaton too

Rewatched Robin Hood and Sword in the Stone. Was not a big fan of them as a kid and still not much of a fan now. Don't know why, but it's harder for me to get into older Disney Animated Canon films. I think the only DAC I am keeping are the Rescuers films.

I was a big fan of The World's End. I need to allow it time to sink in before rating it in the Cornetto series though. I went from not being too wild about Hot Fuzz in theaters to it being one of my favorite movies period.

Star trek into darkness - I was fairly disappointed by this one. It's not bad but underwhelming, especially compared to its predecessor.

They had a decent villain and for me and my brother we felt they underutilized him.

Also seen now you see me. Better than I thought it would be.

Oldboy (Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, Samuel Jackson, 2013) - 4/5 - I liked the remake better.
Seriously dude you've got our interest. How are you managing to see all these films so early.

Also if you could expand on your views on them, especially with this as I really enjoyed the original vengeance trilogy.

bread's done
Back