Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Iron Man 3 - 4.5/5 - Still a great movie. Expertly written and acted. Great soundtrack and lighting, as well.

The Innkeepers - 4/5 - I don't watch many horror movies so when someone tells me to watch one, I rarely listen to them, but I gave The Innkeepers a shot. Pretty damn good. It doesn't fall for many cliches and motifs that many haunted house style movies tend to fall for. I also really liked the soundtrack. Really well done film.

Iron Man 3 - 4.5/5 - Still a great movie. Expertly written and acted. Great soundtrack and lighting, as well.

The Innkeepers - 4/5 - I don't watch many horror movies so when someone tells me to watch one, I rarely listen to them, but I gave The Innkeepers a shot. Pretty damn good. It doesn't fall for many cliches and motifs that many haunted house style movies tend to fall for. I also really liked the soundtrack. Really well done film.
Iron Man 3 is wonderful. Innkeepers is alright, I liked The House of the Devil better.

Must be two copies of that movie out there because the one I saw was slow and forgot to have fun with the source material. The middle portions with the kid (I guess to remind Tony of himself as a kid?) were completely pointless.

It was pretty good it went back to it being a scary chucky insead of that garbage seed shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you think of zodiac? I really really like, think it's very underrated.

Thinking of watching good night and good luck. How bads after earth? My mum wants me to watch it with her but I'm not sure I want to waste my time on it.
Zodiac left me wanting to dig in to the subject and find how close it was to the truth. If they in fact basically had the killer in front of them, how did they mess that up so bad?

Zodiac left me wanting to dig in to the subject and find how close it was to the truth. If they in fact basically had the killer in front of them, how did they mess that up so bad?
From what I understand on the subject it gave the impression that it was mishandled due to the passing of information between the different police stations.

Curse of Chucky- (7.5/10) This turned out much better then I could of imagined much better then the subpar Seed and Bride of Chucky. They definitely brought the series back to the early Child Play entries. Solid horror movie and as hinted near the end, we will probably get plenty more.

Blue Caprice (3.5/10) Movie about the DC Sniper, pretty bland, alright acting by Isaigh Washington, but other then that pretty poor.

What did you think of zodiac? I really really like, think it's very underrated.

Thinking of watching good night and good luck. How bads after earth? My mum wants me to watch it with her but I'm not sure I want to waste my time on it.
I liked it never seen it before. I went online right after to read up more on the subject..

Too bad family is in the middle of watching Charmed. I hope to watch Robot Monster and the Phantom Creeps soon, though I've got to get through the Brain that Wouldn't Die too.

equilibrium.  Didn't know what to expect but I saw Christian Bale so I gave it a try. Man was that a badass film.

I think Zodiac was really under appreciated by the masses.  That hit the bargain bin pretty quick in my area.  

Carrie (1976) - 5/5 - I love the originals, can't wait to see the new remake.

Gravity IMAX 3D - 5/5 - Very touching based on a true event. Sandra Bullock deserves Oscar award.

equilibrium. Didn't know what to expect but I saw Christian Bale so I gave it a try. Man was that a badass film.

I think Zodiac was really under appreciated by the masses. That hit the bargain bin pretty quick in my area.
I remember when equilibrium was released and on the net people suggested at the the time that if they ever made a dmc movie that christian bale should play dante.

I didn't get to attend Captain Phillips premiere from Monday night cuz I had to wake up early (Tuesday) for shopping. :( Hopefully next monday I will go to Carrie premiere. :D

Welp. Loved Gravity. Don't think I've ever clenched my fists and held my breath so much watching a film. One of the very few I'd recommend catching in 3D as well.

Coriolanus. with Ralph Finnes and Gerard Butler. Its on netflix.

I think they should have kept the old Roman Empire setting.
I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me they modernized the setting but not use modern English. Why go to all the production expense and not update the language also? I don't think there is much if anything to lose in that simple translation.

Machine Gun Preacher.
Wow, that is a crazy movie. Its a good movie, and they don't paint the guy as a hero, but as someone who is trying to do what he needs to do. Watch the statement the real guy gives during the credits " If someone came in and took your kid in the middle of the night, and I came to you and said that I can get them back to you, would you care how I did it if your child was returned safely to you?"

Rocky III - 4.5/5 - I think the Rocky movies are better when spaced apart by weeks, months, years. Rather than watching them daily. It becomes too familiar, they obviously weren't made to be watched that way.

Rocky III - 4.5/5 - I think the Rocky movies are better when spaced apart by weeks, months, years. Rather than watching them daily. It becomes too familiar, they obviously weren't made to be watched that way.
I did all 6 during the course of a sick day, don't regret it at all. I was raised on Sly and Arnie films, I can get through even some of the crappier ones.

I did all 6 during the course of a sick day, don't regret it at all. I was raised on Sly and Arnie films, I can get through even some of the crappier ones.
Ya don't get me wrong I still enjoy them a lot, it just feels that Sly's vision for the films works better when viewings are spaced apart. Watching one after another each day they feel more of the same than they actually are.

Gravity - 7/10

Just became too predictable. This is the movie: everything is fine>something bad happens>everything is fine>something bad happen

Repeat that for the whole movie. 

Hmm, Gravity. I don't know, sort of agree that predictability became a problem.
When Clooney cut loose I immediately relaxed because you knew the girl would make it home. 

Elements like the dead daughter story were also weak. 

Think the biggest opportunity missed was that in the beginning of the movie they emphasized silence and lack of sound in space, but when the action got going, it was all obnoxious music playing over every movement. Some parts would have been terrifying in pure silence, but yeah, just another director who doesn't have the balls to rip sound in a space movie. 

The first 20 minutes are very,very gripping, though.

Gravity - I loved it.  Everything about it was fantastic.  Bullock did a great job and Clooney was fine for his part.  The special effects and cinematography were outstanding.  This is the first movie since Avatar that was worth the price to see in 3D.

Watched the Fiend without a Face last night, though I kinda skimmed over the exciting parts ie the end, cause I was kinda sleepy. It's pretty slow and plodding, but it's an alright movie. I do wonder about a continuity error regarding the female character's hair.

Besides this is the fiend:

250px-OmoikaneSMT2.jpg

It's also seen in the Shin Megami Tensei series, but it's named Omoikane, after a Shinto god of intelligence.

Watched The Fountain, cool artistic move with an amazing score. Truth be told, I listen to Film Scores Radio on Pandora all day at work and it was the music from the movie that caused me to watch the movie. 

Another incredible movie that is much less known is Sunshine. I highly suggest it especially for everyone that has been checking out Gravity.

This Is The End - I thought it was just ok, nowhere near as funny as people make it out to be.  Danny McBride was the best part and he wasn't in it enough.  The only part I really laughed at was when Danny and Franco were talking about jerking off.  I guess it doesn't help that I don't find Jonah Hill funny at all.

Watched The Fountain, cool artistic move with an amazing score. Truth be told, I listen to Film Scores Radio on Pandora all day at work and it was the music from the movie that caused me to watch the movie.

Another incredible movie that is much less known is Sunshine. I highly suggest it especially for everyone that has been checking out Gravity.
Yup, I watched sunshine when it was in theaters. Mainly only AMCs showed it as part of their indie selection. They used to always have a screen dedicated to indie type movies. But with the effects you wouldn't know it. Maybe just because they couldn't get major studio support behind it. Went with a few girls who hated it, but I still enjoy it. Got it on Bluray, the music in the epic scenes is fan-freaking-tastic with a great sound system.

Hmm, Gravity. I don't know, sort of agree that predictability became a problem.
When Clooney cut loose I immediately relaxed because you knew the girl would make it home.

Elements like the dead daughter story were also weak.

Think the biggest opportunity missed was that in the beginning of the movie they emphasized silence and lack of sound in space, but when the action got going, it was all obnoxious music playing over every movement. Some parts would have been terrifying in pure silence, but yeah, just another director who doesn't have the balls to rip sound in a space movie.

The first 20 minutes are very,very gripping, though.
I think if Clooney
was the main character I would have cared more if he survived. He was far more likeable than Bullock and I really didn't care if she made it or not. Also her being the reason Clooney didn't make it made me actually kind of prefer she died.

And somehow, even the lame attempt with the dead daughter story didn't make me care about her more.

bread's done
Back