Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

Watched The Great Happiness Space (on youtube but I hear US has it on Netflix). A rather depressing tale of the world of Host boys in Osaka and what their world is like. Kind of a vicious cycle that the men and women go through.

The Conjuring - expected more from a scary movie that got such high ratings. still decent, though. didn't use many pop-out scares which is always appreciated. first 1/3rd of the movie was the most fun.

These days I find horror films rarely scary at all. Maybe I've seen too many that it doesn't faze me anymore. So all I expect out of horror films now is a pretty decent story and decent acting.

Saw gravity on imax 3d and I really liked it. It's one of them films that would be great on an omni Max screen in 3d. To bad the places with those screens will never show it.

Adam Resurrected - Jeff Goldblum does a great German accent, but I couldn't get into the film. Stopped it halfway through.

Carrie - 3/5 - Pretty solid film. Not as good as the original or the book, but still decent. Julianne Moore was fantastic and Moretz was alright. It was overwritten for the most part, but it really takes off in the final act of the film. While some of the effects were nice, some of them just looked awful and poorly done.

This Is The End 4/5 - After reading up on how the actors actually felt about each other in this movie, I found it funny. Plus, you get to see Pineapple Express 2! Lol

Curse of Chucky

Would've been more scary if I had watched it during night instead of morning, but I enjoyed it.
I like the chucky films but I don't ever think they could be scary, watched curse at night with lights off but for some reason the chuck makes me have a smirk across my face whenever I see him, unlike his other horror counterparts that I don't really care for.

Watched poltergeist - while it's not scary and the effects have aged horribly I did like the film, I should probably skip the sequels though.

I just watch gravity at a drive in and I probably should have watched it in imax as I thought it was okay.  I think I over-hyped it to much ever since I saw the superb ratings.

The Happening 3/5 I usually enjoy M Night Shamalan movies more than most people, but the endings usually are the worst part.

The Happening 3/5 I usually enjoy M Night Shamalan movies more than most people, but the endings usually are the worst part.

I know right.At the end of sixth sense you're supposed to believe that the guy un the toupee was Bruce Willis the whole time.

Nosferatu. Creepy as fuck.

There's something really unnerving about that film being silent and in b&w. Great flick though. I liked it better than Metropolis.

I know right.At the end of sixth sense you're supposed to believe that the guy un the toupee was Bruce Willis the whole time.
Haha I don't even remember that. I recently saw the Village & Devil in addition to the Happening. I thought the beginning and middle were better than the endings in all of those.

Shadow of the vampire is really good, saw that when I was 16 and it was quite creepy then. May have to check it out again.

Watched Odd Thomas, which I found to be a pretty decent entertainer. It's like Constantine but one for the family.

Nosferatu. Creepy as fuck.

There's something really unnerving about that film being silent and in b&w. Great flick though. I liked it better than Metropolis.
Gave it a watch the other night. Was cool to see so many iconic shots, and some were legitimately freaky, but other than being a piece of history I didn't really appreciate it, unfortunately. Was my first silent film, maybe I just don't have the mind for them yet.

Actually on a vampire movie binge, so any other recommendations would be great.

Bad Grandpa - 4/5 - I loved the black bar scene. lol! Got few autographed poster from Johnny, Jackson and Jeff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gave it a watch the other night. Was cool to see so many iconic shots, and some were legitimately freaky, but other than being a piece of history I didn't really appreciate it, unfortunately. Was my first silent film, maybe I just don't have the mind for them yet.

Near Dark

Fright Night remake (actually pretty good)

Thirst (korean movie)

Byzantium is pretty new, not seen it myself.

Let Me In/Let The Right One In

Blade 1&2

30 Days of Night

From Dusk Till Dawn

Lost Boys

Interview With A Vampire

John Carpenter's Vampires

These are the ones that I've seen apart from byzantium. Hope it helps.

That's a pretty solid list from Clyde.

I'd actually add Dracula 2000 for fun, the original Dracula, and Bram Stoker's Dracula if you haven't seen them already. You should really watch Shadow of the Vampire as a companion to Nosferatu though, it's a GREAT movie. Daybreakers was interesting as well if you like Ethan Hawke and Wilem Dafoe.

I was going to recommend the original Fright Night, I thought the remake was absolutely terrible, and it takes a lot for me to hate a movie.

I also loved Let the Right One In. Haven't seen the US version.

Return of the Living Dead - 4/5 Nostalgia.

Return of the Living Dead Part II - 2/5 

Wrong Turn 4 - 1/5

Did not watch the entire movie because it sucked. Watched about half.

bread's done
Back