Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

The Man of Steel. I'd say 4/5. It was a really fun movie. I'm not really into Superman at all, but I enjoyed this quite a bit. Can't wait to see what the sequel is going to be like. 

Any comparisons to other comic book movies in regards to quality? I'm on the fence about this one.
Staying within series, a ton better than Wolverine Origins and Xmen 3, not as good as Xmen 1, 2 or First class. Definitely worth a rental, I wouldn't blind buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem one may have with Wolverine is the lack of mutant powers. There are only a handful of mutants and they use their own powers so sparingly that the final battle may seem a little jarring.

Cool you get to see a good book turned horrible movie earlier then all of us.
This.

I'll still see the movie though if only for the opportunity to see Harrison Ford in space again.

Also, rewatched Commando recently. This film will never get old.

Watched these all weekend, enjoyed them all a fair amount. 

The Man of Steel (already mentioned a page ago)

The Purge - not bad, but predictable

The Lords of Salem - A Rob Zombie movie, but I actually enjoyed it. Really weird and it reminded me a lot of classic horror movies in the way it was filmed. 

Also, rewatched Commando recently. This film will never get old.
One of my all time favorite movies and favorite scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk

Never get tired of this one either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTX2e7TZo_k

Everyone owes it to themselves to watch this masterpiece at least once in their life.

The Hobbit - Super late to the party but that bridge fight scene was one of the best I've seen in years... so unnecessarily epic.  Kate still creeps me the hell out as Galadriel.  Also... DAT OAKENSHIELD $WANK... my goodness.  Too official.

Broken City - Mark and Russell saved this movie from being an absolute snorefest.  Catherine might as well have not been present at all.

Highlander: Endgame - Connor > Duncan and this is coming from a huge fan of the television show.  Loathed how this one turned out, but everything else was decent enough.

Commando has the benefit of the single greatest villain in movie history.

cuB1fUc.jpg

Still waiting for that extended edition to drop so I can watch Hobbit.

Anything less isn't worth my time.
Might as well now since it's out in less than a month. Probably not worth missing them in the theater etc. for sequels though. With them adding the third movie there just isn't as much left on the cutting room floor. This one is only getting 13 minutes of new footage when the LOTOR EEs ranged from 30-50 minutes of extra footage.

Justice League Flashpoint Paradox

It was the best DC animated movie I've seen, even with Flash the main character. I thought the alternate Batman was really cool.

just watched riddick 3/5 it wasn't bad I'm glad it explained why he got kicked out of the necromongers but they promoted karl urban being in it as if he had a bigger role. Also I don't know why they put those forced sexist jokes in for riddick they weren't even funny or clever. ''I like your toe nails they match your nipples''. What?

Ender's Game - 4.5/5 - Probably the best pure Science Fiction film I've seen since District 9. A pretty faithful adaptation of the book, too, though many of the book's predominant themes (the state of family affairs and breeding on Earth, homosocial environments, etc) are either missing or underdeveloped. Still, a great film. Fantastic performance by Asa Butterfield as Ender. Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley and many of the kids were great as well. It's also nice to see a Sci-Fi film not have to rely on 3D to look amazing.

The Conjuring - watched it last night with a couple of friends and loved it 8/10. Outside of being a decent horror film it was overall a well round film, really enjoyed it. 

Due to the 99 cent video rentals on PSN for the past few weeks, I've managed to get a backlog of movies generated on my PS3. So far I've watched:

Half Baked - Not much of a story but it was pretty funny anyway.

Star Trek-  Kept seeing bits and pieces of this so finally seeing this in full was nice. It's weird to see Tyler Perry credited in a Star Trek movie. 

Coming up: The 40 Years Old Virgin, Borat, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Identity Thief.

Wolverine:

Fun movie even if it's one of the most predictable movies ever made. I kinda liked how they worked in major comic book plot points without going too crazy.

-----

Bride of Frankenstein:

If you haven't watched Son of Frankenstein, don't watch it until you've seen Bride or you won't be able to make it through a certain scenes without cracking up and be distracted from Bride.

What to watch on DVD, kings of summer or the way way back?
Way Way Back was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. Luckily Sam Rockwell's character brings some comedy to the movie. Most of the characters are just straight mean and Rob Corddry has no comedic material.

That said, it's worth watching.

Way Way Back was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. Luckily Sam Rockwell's character brings some comedy to the movie. Most of the characters are just straight mean and Rob Corddry has no comedic material.

That said, it's worth watching.
Really...my brother told me to watch it and that it was funny. He did tell me Sam Rockwell was really good but we both like Rockwell in most things he's in.

Yeah like I said, Rockwell and the scenes where he works are all pretty funny, but that's wrapped around the main character just getting shit on by assholes in every other scene.

I also watched it on a plane maybe it hit me differently. But again, I thought it was a good watch and would recommend people check it out.

Yeah like I said, Rockwell and the scenes where he works are all pretty funny, but that's wrapped around the main character just getting shit on by assholes in every other scene.

I also watched it on a plane maybe it hit me differently. But again, I thought it was a good watch and would recommend people check it out.
Thank you, gonna get that to rent tomorrow.

bread's done
Back