Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

This is the End - 3/5

Good but highly overrated.

12 Monkeys - 4.5/5

Even better, after seeing it many times over many years. It holds up very well. The middle & ending are both great but could have been done better. The TV series is coming soon but I'm not sure I can get excited about it being made by the SyFy channel.

42 - 4/5

Leaves you wanting more.

The Hunt for Red October - 4/5

Bet this came across a lot better during the 80s.

Two theories:

Is Jack simply reincarnated by the hotel to undergoe it’s bidding, taking the form of a previous hotel guest who stayed there in 1921 and butchered his family, the hotel re-creating the same events that happened in previous years for generation after generation?

Twilight Zone esque endplay, Jack is kind of aborsed and taken away from the hotel and his current life when he dies after being driven mad by the hotel, who never wants residents to check out and is then locked into the photograph at the end, trapped in a forever single moment of time at the overlook ball.

You'll remember the butler tells Jack in the bathroom "you've always been the caretaker".

I think that's all the picture is really trying to express. I don't think it's anything more than that.
The Twilight Zone thing would be a good explanation. Otherwise its crap and never should've happened.

Rocky V, I mean, its by no means a great movie, but isn't nowhere near as bad as people say. Its actually fairly entertaining. Wished they would have chosed someone better than the guy that played Tommy Gunn though. And Rocky's kid.
Tommy Gunn was great imo. I thought he did very well considering he was a fighter, not an actor. Sage Stallone's performance was without flaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pacific Rim - I didn't know it was possible for Del Toro to make a movie so dumb. Cool battle scenes wrapped around a hot pile of mess. Outrageous characters, terrible pun-y dialogue, clichés galore. Ugh.

In a World... - kudos to Lake Bell. A great indie film with very original ideas.

48 Hours - man, they don't make em like this anymore. Wish there were still movies being made like this.

I can't believe somebody actually said Haunted House 2 was a 4/5, that right there is mind bottling.

Grudge Match  1/5 - A couple good laughs but thats it. Falls flat otherwise.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral:

Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster were great together in this.Also nice to see a young Dennis Hopper before he became the great scene chewing actor he was.

I would imagine the Transformers crowd is down with Pacific Rim. You honestly can't love it and hate on the Transformers franchise.

Transformers 1 is the only one that's a solid movie. The other two are awful.
I think why I enjoyed TF1 was because I knew 2 more films were in the gate. The movie had problems but I thought "okay, filmmakers can learn and knock the next two out of the park." I figured they'd focus more on the robots this time around. Then TF2 came out and the whole movie was just a giant painful mess. I don't even remember much of TF3, just explosions and probably one of the dumbest plots ever.

Just watched Thor 2 and I liked it. My only problem, Malekith was a lame villain choice. Enchantress/Destroyer, Hela, or the Wreaking Crew would've been more interesting. Hemsworth and Hiddleston are awesome together.

I think why I enjoyed TF1 was because I knew 2 more films were in the gate. The movie had problems but I thought "okay, filmmakers can learn and knock the next two out of the park." I figured they'd focus more on the robots this time around. Then TF2 came out and the whole movie was just a giant painful mess. I don't even remember much of TF3, just explosions and probably one of the dumbest plots ever.

Just watched Thor 2 and I liked it. My only problem, Malekith was a lame villain choice. Enchantress/Destroyer, Hela, or the Wreaking Crew would've been more interesting. Hemsworth and Hiddleston are awesome together.
The sequels were so bloated compared to the first

I thought Thor 2 was the second worst marvel movie.

Transformers 1 was only half of a Transformers movie. The other half was a teen drama.
Just like the first third of Transformers 3 was a shitty comedy.

Just like the first third of Transformers 3 was a shitty comedy.
True, but the rest of the movie had far better Transformers action than the other two combined.

Except that part where Optimus Prime was hanging from those wires or whatever That was awkward.

EDIT: Also they got rid of Megan Fox, so that was big plus. Next one got rid of Shia so that's two bad things down

I thought TF1 was good, TF2 and 3 were complete fucking garbage and Pacific Rim was awesome.  I know a lot of people like to hate on the story the most for 2 and 3 but I had major problems with the action scenes, which is why I hated them.  The action in 1 was 10xs better than 2 and 3 combined.  You can't tell me anything was cooler than Starscream constantly transforming mid flight while taking out harriers.

The biggest problems with the Transformers movies was that at least an hour of run time was devoted to Sam's regular every day non-Transformers life. I can kind of understand for TF1, but the next 2 could have dropped the entire first 45-60 minutes and still be coherent and awesome.

As for Sam himself, he was annoying but at least understandable in the first one. He was just annoying in Fallen. Once he started getting proactive in Moon he got a LOT better.

Putting things into categories/list has nothing to do with fedoras or hipster or anime our brain is just wired to want to do shit like that (categories that is, not anime, fedoras, or hipsters(well I mean a person could be wired to want to do hipster people i mean I really like scene girls so whoknows))

I love giants robots and mechs but Pacific Rim and the Transformers movies are just awful.
This guy knows what he's talking about.

[quote name="GamerDude316" post="11702054" timestamp="1397999062"]TF1 was decent, 2 was bad, never even saw 3.

Pacific Rim was okay, but not something i want to watch again. Fell flat for me.[/quote]TF3 is better than 2, but not as good as the first one.

Felt the same way about Pacific Rim

Finally watched the Goonies in its entirety. I only saw bits and pieces of it as a kid and remember Sloth. It is great enough, and they don't make movies like this anymore. As an adult, it's a little annoying at times since it is the chattering of kids, but that's how we were and how they'll all be.

Alive - 4.75/5 

Man I've watched this like once a year since 2010 and every time it's still great. Think I'll watch some of the documentaries about it again.

American Hustle - 4.25/5

It's great, but there is room to be better. Best part was the acting of course especially Christian Bale & Jeremy Renner.

Cop Land - 4/5
Very very good movie. Sly is great and Ray Liotta as well.

Edit: I'm not an expert at rating movies and giving reviews. Just wanted to say that lol

[quote name="DestroVega" post="11703155" timestamp="1398048165"]^no one is[/quote]i know, but just wanted to say since some people might take my "reviews" seriously

Cop Land - 4/5 Very very good movie. Sly is great and Ray Liotta as well. Edit: I'm not an expert at rating movies and giving reviews. Just wanted to say that lol
That is one of Stallone's great realistic movies. Watched it many times.

12 Years a Slave.

Very good but wouldn't be my best picture choice. I'd out Nebraska and The Wolf of Wall Street ahead of it out of the nominees I've seen so far.

Cloud Atlas - 4/5

Pretty ambitious film, hard to follow and 3 hours long. Something that might be better the next time you watch it. Either that or become boring. Definitely a film some will like/love and some will dislike/hate.

bread's done
Back