Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

Yea, I saw that already. Will probably pick this up. Though I am not going to pick up every Super Sentai release like I am Power Rangers.

Watched Freakshow Season 2.

Why can't there be a reality show that doesn't focus on drama? I mean the show is fine otherwise except for pointless drama. I watch it for the people they get on there and the stunts they do.

Starting watching House of Cards at the recommendation of my girlfriend. Found it well acted, but very boring. Had to force myself to keep watching it, but totally glad I did because it got much better near the end of the first season, and season two was simply amazing. Can't wait for the third season.

Watched Gracepoint again and now we're heading into unknown territory according to the critics. Nick Nolte gave a very powerful performance.

Grimm was pretty cool as usual.

Jane the Virgin. Not that happy about Petra (blonde)'s Czech mob ties.

Simpsons/Futurama Crossover was fun, I liked it so much better than Family Guy's which deserved a HUUUGE demerit for retreading common Simpsons jokes for the first episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the most recent episode of Constantine, I really am getting into it. The first episode had some corny CGI, but I got over it. 

It's too bad Gracepoint
killed off Nick Nolte's character. I guess his story had run its course, but he was probably the best part of the story up to this point.

I still have no clue who the murderer is, but with only 3 episodes left, you can tell they're entering their endgame after all the red herrings.

In Gracepoint, I have a strong suspicion it was Miller's kid all along. But they gave us a herring about Solano's apprentice and he got the brownies from the rapey lady.

Also, TNT just cancelled Franklin and Bash as well as Perception, the latter of which has me really bummed out. They claim it's to make room for "edgier" and "louder" shows. I'm hoping they're moving ahead with the Teen Titans as part of their next wave, because that's about the only thing that would make that cancellation alright. We've heard nothing since the pilot order was announced a while back.
I haven't forgiven them for cancelling Leverage. I hope the Librarians last long enough though, but fuck edgy. Eliot PUNCH!

I'm not into MMA, but I'm really enjoying Kingdom. Great cast and story.

Only problem is that it's on at 9 on Wednesday night and I need to watch with the volume very low as my eldest son is just going to bed at that time. The show is very TV-MA.

I'm not into MMA, but I'm really enjoying Kingdom. Great cast and story.

Only problem is that it's on at 9 on Wednesday night and I need to watch with the volume very low as my eldest son is just going to bed at that time. The show is very TV-MA.
Headphones?

It's got me remembering how big of a hoopla Nintendo made over the TVii app but they abandoned it. Xbox One has HDMI IN, so you can game and watch tv at the same time. Too bad the Wii U doesn't work like that lol.

Young Justice - Though it has its flaws, still a great DC show. Shocked the Blu-rays for Season 2 have actual extras.

Anyone watched The 100? Was talked into watching the first episode, and found it unbelievable that it holds about a 80% rating. I would have expected it to be closer to 40%.

Arrow. Finally started watching the first two seasons on Netflix and it's so good. I actually started watching The Flash before it, and Arrow beats it out by a ton. I'm nearly done with season 2 and I hope to catch up to season 3. 

Gracepoint. If you haven't watched Broadchurch, you'd think it was a mediocre smalltown mystery. If you did watch the original series, you'd think it's just as terrible, but the ending redeems it barely. It makes me think Chris Chibnall is the David S. Goyer of British television writing.

Broadchurch's ending was Det. Miller's father being the killer because he had a relationship with the victim, but was only found because he was in possession of Danny's phone. So that made it come out of nowhere. Gracepoint did the same, but it was merely a father covering up for the sins of his little boy, and the onus was placed on Det. Miller to turn her son in. It is here, the whole redo of the series was based on this idea. And what do we get tons and tons of Swedish Fish.

I re-watched the Pacific over the last week. Finished episode 9 and 10 earlier. Not seen since it originally aired back in 2010 (I think). Great show really enjoyed it. Not GOD-TIER television like Band of Brothers is but still very good.

I especially like the fact you hardly see any Japanese soldiers throughout the show. I think there was maybe 2-3 clearish shots of Japanese soldiers within the entire first six episodes.

Gracepoint. If you haven't watched Broadchurch, you'd think it was a mediocre smalltown mystery. If you did watch the original series, you'd think it's just as terrible, but the ending redeems it barely. It makes me think Chris Chibnall is the David S. Goyer of British television writing.

Broadchurch's ending was Det. Miller's father being the killer because he had a relationship with the victim, but was only found because he was in possession of Danny's phone. So that made it come out of nowhere. Gracepoint did the same, but it was merely a father covering up for the sins of his little boy, and the onus was placed on Det. Miller to turn her son in. It is here, the whole redo of the series was based on this idea. And what do we get tons and tons of Swedish Fish.
Broadchurch got rave reviews in England, not seen it myself though. Quite a few people on my Facebook were raving about it too.

Orphan Black season 1 - She's really good, needs some movie roles I think.

The Flash - It's good and enjoyable so far, though the Iris pining is getting old fast. Guess it can't be helped since it's on the CW.

Caught up with Jane the Virgin. I hope it wins an award since it will be quite a surprise for the CW. It's well produced, and the actors are just plain hilarious, especially Jaime Camil as Rogelio.  I wonder if the writers will create two more love interests for the show, one guy named Don, another Leo, to fit in with the two Jane has: Michael and Rafael.

Finished every season of Trailer Park Boys. So funny! I can't wait for season 9 which comes out in March. :D

Constantine was actually great, and Zed is still damn hot.

I wonder if the KKK will release a public statement regarding the overt imagery in last night's Grimm, especially if a substantial amount of Americans are still joining those groups. #BoycottPepCereal

Finally got around to watching NCIS Season 11. Was never a big fan of Ziva, but I absolutely love Bishop. And I am happy they established her as married so they won't have to force her and Dinozzo together.

Grimm: #BoycottPepCereal They should've just given Nick a pair of Machetes and let him go to town I guess, but this isn't Game of Thrones.

Constantine wasn't that bad, though Mac could've solved the case quicker.

Backstrom was terrible, it was trying to be a more annoying version of Sherlock/Elementary/House. It was as if Rainn Wilson was trying to be even MORE annoying than Gene Hunt in Ashes to Ashes.

Gave sleepy hollow another go (watch a few mins in 2013 and quit). It's pretty good!
I got through the whole first season (second season I still need to re-watch, but I'll likely marathon both seasons so I can recall details). What's good about the show is it steps beyond convention with tropes and ideas for the most part. A show that can manage that and still be mildly entertaining deserves its shot to get to the end.

Finished every season of Trailer Park Boys. So funny! I can't wait for season 9 which comes out in March. :D
It doesnt matter if every season is exactly the same, because it makes me laugh so hard. Ricky is one of my favorite TV characters ever. I wish he would get his grade 12.

It's Always Sunny season 10 - both episodes were great, though the second was just laugh out loud most of the way.

Parks and Recs Season 6 - halfway through, just seen Chris and Ann leave.  Gonna miss this show when it's gone big time.

Power Rangers Dino Charge - The first episode alone had better music, better pacing, more plot, character development, and backstory than 95% of Megaforce. Though the CGI dinosaurs (both real and Zord) were horrible and for some reason the continents were already formed 65 million years ago instead of being Pangaea.

Really? The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were warriors 175 million years ago, but it wasn't clear if the continents had formed yet.

Watched Saturday Night Live's Football Special. Best one was definitely Bill Swerski's game show.

Really? The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were warriors 175 million years ago, but it wasn't clear if the continents had formed yet.
o_O Huh? The Power Coins MMPR used were forged way, way, way after the dinosaurs died. They were forged 10,000 years ago while the gems used this season eventually led to the asteroids that killed the dinosaurs (and when we pan out we see North America exploding).

And my mistake thinking Pangaea still existed at that time. For some reason I thought the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs also broke up Pangaea. No idea how that got into my head.

Then again, Operation Overdrive had Sentinel Knight running around 250 million years ago.

Fresh Off the Boat

Awesome show and considering the content, it looks like ABC isn't interfering as much considering the hack job All American Girl was. There's some deep shit in this show.

ABC is interfering enough with this show, as Eddie Huang would have you think: http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/eddie-huang-fresh-off-the-boat-abc.html

It is a little clear what ABC execs wanted as opposed to keeping it 100.

That being said, it was an awesome show, and it does make me miss Everybody Hates Chris. With the writing team helmed by Nahnatchka Khan (American Dad, Don't Trust the B- in Apt. 23), I do agree this show has potential. I hope they can wrest more control from those idiot execs. The family reminds me of another family I knew growing up. We should be lucky that there is a show showcasing the lives of immigrants still trying to make it in America, even if this family does have plenty of money. Plenty of immigrant lives in America were more Roseanne than Cosby, and this show seems to be in the middle of it.

I've heard more about Eddie Huang's story as the show continued the hype train online. His family moving to Florida from Washington DC sounds like what Aasif Mandvi did as a teenager about 30 years ago. Imagine being the only Muslim kid in school during the 1980s, as opposed to the only Taiwanese kid in the 1990s. I thought that was interesting.

Oh for sure! I don't see ABC putting in the part about the domestic abuse. One thing that kinda grates on me is the fact that the parents drop in and out of their fake accents. It reminds me of how Daniel Dae Kim's fake accent was terrible on Lost. It'd be better to drop it all together. I just hope it doesn't go the way of Outsourced. The cafeteria scene really hit close to home.

Totally agree about Everybody Hates Chris. Awesome show.

On tonight's taping of the Daily Show, Jon Stewart said he's leaving the show soon. http://www.avclub.com/article/jon-stewart-says-hes-leaving-daily-show-215070

I will say he's done a lot to keep me as a young person interested in the news, when most outlets have become sensationalistic in an attempt to get more ratings and advertising money. If it weren't for him and the extremely talented comedians he works with, I wouldn't notice some funny things in the news I read and listen to, and continue rolling my eyes or be blissfully ignorant.

bread's done
Back