Survey: Condition of used Xbox 360 games bought at GameStop?

B

Blackout

Hey CAGs,

I'm doing a research project for school about the quality of used games at GameStop. I know the CAG community has a lot of vocal and different opinions on the store, so I thought you guys would be a good group of data to collect.

I decided to only focus on Xbox 360 games because PS3 games tend not to scratch as easily or bad, the Xbox 360 selection tends to be the biggest in the store, the Xbox 360 is very popular in the U.S., etc. I'm interested in finding out the experiences of people who bought Xbox 360 games from GameStop, and what the condition of the game discs were. I'm focusing on the level of scratches/marks(like fingerprints, dirt, etc, etc) the Xbox 360 games had.

If you could take a quick second to vote in the poll I made and maybe even share your experiences here, that would be awesome and much appreciated. What I'm looking for is your most recent experience shopping at GameStop. For example, the last time you bought a game there, were your games really scratched up, had no scratches, or were so messed up they didn't even work at all? You can vote multiple times if you bought more than one game and they were in different conditions, or just vote once if that particular choice is the only one that happened.

Here's the poll.

Thanks!

Last edited:
[quote name='Luxuria']I can't see the choices. o.o[/QUOTE]

Nothing shows up when you click the link?

It only shows:

What's the Condition of Your Used Xbox 360 Games Bought at GameStop?

And then five boxes I can click on to mark. However, the choices themselves I can't see.

Weird, everything shows up fine when I click through it. I've gotten a few other votes so far so I guess others can see it too. I'll look into it.

Anyone else having that problem?

You might want to consider online purchases too. Those tend to be a lot worse than in store.

As for in store purchases, I'll respond to the poll, but its difficult because i've gotten some disks that weren't that good, but then I make sure to have the employee switch it out for a much better copy before I purchase. It's not often, but it happens.

[quote name='dchrisd']You might want to consider online purchases too. Those tend to be a lot worse than in store.

As for in store purchases, I'll respond to the poll, but its difficult because i've gotten some disks that weren't that good, but then I make sure to have the employee switch it out for a much better copy before I purchase. It's not often, but it happens.[/QUOTE]

Good point about the online. For now I'm only focusing on the retail store though, to keep the scope of the project tighter. I might add that in the future, so thanks for the suggestion!

I think the initial purchase of you getting the crappy disc would be right for the poll, because I bet most casual shoppers at GameStop just take the disc home and pop it into their system. They probably don't even know you can ask for a better disc before you leave the store.

Are you talking most recent purchase? Average condition of all games?

Just want to make sure you are getting the right data you need.

[quote name='wugenius']Are you talking most recent purchase? Average condition of all games?

Just want to make sure you are getting the right data you need.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing up this point. I should have clarified. After thinking about it, I probably should go with your most RECENT purchase/s at GameStop.

I'll edit the poll name and OP to reflect what I'm specifically looking for. Thanks!

I'm going to be doing some field work and investigation of my own for the project that will focus in on examples.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Voted. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks pimpin, appreciate it!

I can't see the options still. But For what it's worth, I never have a problem with game condition at Gamestop. I recently bought Lego Star Wars, and it was in great condition. Before that, got Fable 2, and they had a ton of copies so I asked them to find me a copy that was in great condition, which they did for both copies I bought.
Only problems I run in to at Gamestop is when it is literally the only used copy they have. If I don't like the condition it is in, I decline to buy it. I always end up trading my games out either on Goozex or here. If I know I can't send the game out either of those two places, then I don't buy it.

[quote name='myl0r']I can't see the options still. But For what it's worth, I never have a problem with game condition at Gamestop. I recently bought Lego Star Wars, and it was in great condition. Before that, got Fable 2, and they had a ton of copies so I asked them to find me a copy that was in great condition, which they did for both copies I bought.
Only problems I run in to at Gamestop is when it is literally the only used copy they have. If I don't like the condition it is in, I decline to buy it. I always end up trading my games out either on Goozex or here. If I know I can't send the game out either of those two places, then I don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I'm not sure why the options don't show up for some, and I can't figure out why. Thanks for your feedback though!

No options for me. I would say adequate in terms of quality. Definitely gone down over the years because the ones around me stopped using a disc cleaner.

[quote name='Lice']No options for me. I would say adequate in terms of quality. Definitely gone down over the years because the ones around me stopped using a disc cleaner.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, sorry you weren't able to vote in the poll. What browser were you using? I'm trying to figure out why some answers don't show up for some people.

Just bumping this up before the poll closes in the next few days. Appreciate all the votes so far!

bread's done
Back