Sweet Holy Moses: A VP: Lenneth Mini-Review

jagwire1141

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Wow, that's about all I have to say about this bad boy. I never got a chance to play the first and let me tell you, I was missing out. The game starts out very slowly. There are maybe two battles in the first hour. The rest is text and at first the story isn't compelling. Maybe the best part is the CG level cut-scene where the Valkyrie changes form. I was beginning to regret my purchase of the game until I got to the first dungeon. Then, it was all justified. The battle system is the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen. I have no idea what I'm doing so i just button mash but I'm kickin' ass. Every once in awhile I get an option to "purify soul". To do this I have to push a specific button in a time period and I see the coolest most extravagant battle animation followed by massive damage to the enemy. Again, this isn't a full review and I ask others to post their opinions in here.

Once you understand how to get that Purify Soul (racking up 100 hits) and how to plan your attacks so you get them, it'll be as if you had been playing with your eyes closed.

Yeah, I have no clue what I'm doing. I started planning actually. I use the flame lady to hit the alligator and then lenneth and big sword guy attack him when he's down. Now I just have no idea where to go. Also, should I give artifacts to Odin or keep them?

check gamefaqs. lots of good info about all that on their Valkyrie Profile board. Lots of people ask the same questions about the game.

I'm worried about spoilers. I think I'll just keep playing until it clicks and then start a new game. I hope next time I can fast forward through that snooze-fest of an intro. Also, the game gives the player a unique feeling of responsibility. Sure you can screw around for the rest of your turns but then you fail the aeris. I've never felt so responsible and compelled to complete a game.

[quote name='jagwire1141']I'm worried about spoilers. I think I'll just keep playing until it clicks and then start a new game. I hope next time I can fast forward through that snooze-fest of an intro. Also, the game gives the player a unique feeling of responsibility. Sure you can screw around for the rest of your turns but then you fail the aeris. I've never felt so responsible and compelled to complete a game.[/QUOTE]

The way the strategy guide suggests is that you play your first game on Easy mode to get the hang of things, since you get 3x the experience points but only a fraction of the dungeons and items to use, and then start your next game on normal / hard.

I think this is the way I'm going to do it.

bread's done
Back