SWEETNESS! I'm in on the Killzone Beta!!!

Tecumseh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just received and confirmed my beta test invitation for Killzone! After missing out on Hot Shots Fore! and R&C: UYA, I finally received one that I actually would've chosen among the 3. This will be my 3rd PS2 beta test. I also did Final Fantasy XI as well as the first SOCOM...

I am in the same boat. I joined the Playstation Underground when it first started and the GAP when it first started and have yet to get in a beta.

[quote name='RisingZan']Is everyone that has recieved the Beta invite on the East Coast?

-here's to hoping there is a West Coast mailing....[/quote]

the majority of people I have played in the beta I am in are from the West Coast or Canada it seems

Damn, they didn't send me an invite to that one. I got in on R&C, but I'd rather be in on Killzone!

[quote name='iamarhinoceros']is there a way to sign up as a beta tester for xbox or gamecube ?[/quote]

I don't know about Xbox, but GCN doesn't have any online content that they'd need beta testers for.

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, i've been on the gamer advisory panel for like 2 and a half years and yet to get one invite :([/quote]

Same here.

I played Killzone at E3, both the single and the multiplayer demos.
The single player was much more impressive, featuring a strong atmosphere (and graphics).
Is it a Halo killer? Too early to tell.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='swetooth9']yea, i've been on the gamer advisory panel for like 2 and a half years and yet to get one invite :([/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Make sure that you have indicated in your profile @ www.playstation.com that you are interested in being a beta tester and have filled out your network information.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='swetooth9']yea, i've been on the gamer advisory panel for like 2 and a half years and yet to get one invite :([/quote]

Same here.[/quote]

Make sure that you have indicated in your profile @ www.playstation.com that you are interested in being a beta tester and have filled out your network information.[/quote]

I did that as soon as I signed up. The only thing close to a beta is when I got a week free demo of EQOA. :(

EDIT: I just got a new PS2 last week since the old one wasn't reading CD-roms. I just registered the new one, so hopefully I get some betas coming my way.

[quote name='CheapyD']I played Killzone at E3, both the single and the multiplayer demos.
The single player was much more impressive, featuring a strong atmosphere (and graphics).
Is it a Halo killer? Too early to tell.[/quote]

I'm in on the beta. It's not going to be a Halo killer. Why? Because it's on the PS2. :)

Seriously though, nothing is going to sell as well as Halo 2 come Nov. 9.

I hope MIDWAY does a beta for MK.

I would much prefer that to this game anyway.

also I hope more people play Killzone than R&C. It sucks when no one ever plays.

I got the invite, east coast. So I;m thinking they probably accept you based on how offten you've kept up your profile or answered polls in the past. Because I usually do that the instant I get the letter.

Not sure if I want to even bother betaing KZ since I hate FPS I didnt even bother to look for it at E3... maybe I'll do it just to get the disk and hold it over my friends nose and laugh that he cant play it.

We'll see what happens, They sent me an invite but I'm not a broadband user so they may not even finalize my application.

I'm in too. Got the email today and verified my info.
I was also a tester for Everquest, SOCOM II, Syphone Filter, and Monster Hunter. I think I was in another one or two but I can't remember.

No beta for me... Of course, I don't have or want the Network Adaptor, so I'm not really counting on any beta tests, ever...

i got in on GAP as soon as it was started, and i havent gotten a single beta invite.. they keep picking the same freakin people for every beta.. they need to freakin share the wealth and hook me up with an invite.

I have gotten a invite for it but everytime i try to hit the apply now button it says that i havent been invited

Yes! I'm In. Just got the e-mail and to my suprise, it wasn't full yet. It sucks working until past 8:00 at night, I always miss these things.

Ever since I lost my ".com" option with my previous .com/.net email account with Cox, I haven't recieved anything like that from PSU. Even when I found out and updated my info. This sucks. R&C and KZ looked like a couple of hot betas, I hope I still have a chance at either of them.

I don't think that is possible. IIRC, your name is removed from the pool of available players when you are accepted into a beta.

Having done the Everquest, Syphon Filter:Omega Strain, and the new RATCHET & CLANK Beta.....Betas are always a mixed bag

As for KILLZONE being a HALO Killer......was at E3 with CheapyD and it is NOT a Halo Killer. Not even Close. But it could replace SOCOM II as my main PS2 Online Shooter. Had nice grainy effect in the graphics but the colors were a little bland. Multiplayer was more in the RAINBOW SIX 3 Squad type vein.

Where the hell are the upgrades for SOCOM II and the HDD??

Just got my invite as well. Never heard of Killzone *shrugs* I'm a broadband user maybe thats why.

r1s3n

NOOOOOOO....

I just got my first ever beta invite for this while I was on vacation.

I clicked apply now and it's full.

I really wanted this. :sob:

[quote name='Sockey']NOOOOOOO....

I just got my first ever beta invite for this while I was on vacation.

I clicked apply now and it's full.

I really wanted this. :sob:[/quote]

Man, I'm glad that I just didn't get the invite at all. I'd probably be paranoid everytime I go on a vacation after that if that happened to me.

DAMN!!!!! Two year GAP member and still NO beta invites!!!!!! But doesn't the PS2 controller really suck for first person shooters? :?

Hell yeah - I just got invited!

Does anyone know when it actually starts?

I go to the beach next week -- if it starts then, I'll cry like a baby in front of my kids. "Mommy, why is Daddy curled up in a ball under the table crying? Don't worry dear, when we get back home and I put a controller in his hand, he'll be okay."

bread's done
Back