[Switch] Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny $34.99 Amazon.com

Yeah, that could certainly help, but it doesn't have the same life as previous entries.  It really feels based around using the mobile gameplay style auto battle

Yeah, that could certainly help, but it doesn't have the same life as previous entries. It really feels based around using the mobile gameplay style auto battle
I think maybe this is why it hasn't landed with me the way prior entries did. I enjoy it, but I don't play it obsessively the way I did earlier entries because it almost feels like it wants me to leave it alone to play itself.

Yeah the gameplay partnered with the fact everyone has 1 personality trait completely personified as their only defining feature was what ended up boring me.  Every single battle was the exact same formula.  I might go back someday when I don't have a backlog to catch up on but it just didn't hook me like the others did, which was easily hundreds of hours each before.

I would pick up Disgaea 5 complete instead. It also goes down to $20 pretty regularly.

It's the peak of Disgaea gameplay for me. I think it struck the right balance between QoL and grinding.

yeah, 5 has the best systems by far.  4 has the best story/characters imho.  but both are solid choices and better than 6.

Feels like Disgaea 5 just came out last year. I'm still trying to get around to finishing it. And then I look it up and see it was almost 7 years ago..whoa

bread's done
Back