SWTOR CE $29.99 - Kmart.com

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Probably the same person for both of them. eBay randomly generates a fake username with *s when people buy stuff.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Thought I had edited out that '$138.99 a week earlier' part on time. It's a month and a week.#-o

THAT'S what you call hoarding!

Had no problem picking up my in-store pick-up tonight. Now I just need to install Windows 7 on my iMac so I can play it.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Probably the same person for both of them. eBay randomly generates a fake username with *s when people buy stuff.[/QUOTE]
They don't generate random feedback scores, though.

Went ahead and pmed this at Frys. The managers there damn near had a heart attack. The computers wouldn't even take the price overide so they had to call the main office and draft a bill of sale then send it to the store so I could get a pm. Took forever to do but I now have a copy and thats good enough for me.

Went to BB took about an hour and a half just to pm. At first they told me that the CE was $130 and ya that was the price but when I showed they the price at Kmart they said they cannot pm b/c the local store was out of stock and in order to pm the store has to be within a 20 mile radius. So I challenge them to show me in their policy in price matching that a store has to be with in a 20 mile range, they could not find it. (by the way I was talking to 2 mangers and 2 employees at the same time) After they could not find it they still would not pm so I told the mangers to give me the number to their corporate office, they gladly did it thinking corporate would tell me the same thing. After talking on the phone for about 5-10mins the mangers said they would pm the product and give me 10% off anything else in the store after hearing me giving their names over the phone. I said great but continued to talk on to corporate. So like I said at the beginning it took me an hour and a half to get the product at the Kmart price, and after I paid for the SWTOR CE at $30 corporate apologised for the inconvenience and said they would give me coupons and certificates through my rewards card and email.

So Im happy, what about you guys did you get your SWTOR CE?

Also as a side note I also found at the same BB a Skyrim CE at $30.

[quote name='slowdive21']When I log in my order is in null state, even though I got a shipped email. Anyone else having trouble viewing their order' that shipped'?[/QUOTE]

Yup, same exact thing here.

In store pickup worked like a charm, just took 6 hours after placing the order to email the pickup confirmation. Looked to be in nice condition, but those stickers holding the outer sleeve in place were tricky to remove. Thanks OP!

Bleh, after scrambling around with that K-Mart FUBAR it looks like no one else has these remotely near me, and Newegg deactivated it entirely.

Would pay more for this set and I love the game, yet I wont be able to get my hands on one for all the scalpers. Joy.

If anyone has concerns about shipping and what the order page says, just get on chat and they'll give you your tracking #, took a couple of minutes. UPS 2nd day for only a $1, not bad.

[quote name='Lemon Monster']Went to BB took about an hour and a half just to pm. At first they told me that the CE was $130 and ya that was the price but when I showed they the price at Kmart they said they cannot pm b/c the local store was out of stock and in order to pm the store has to be within a 20 mile radius. So I challenge them to show me in their policy in price matching that a store has to be with in a 20 mile range, they could not find it. (by the way I was talking to 2 mangers and 2 employees at the same time) After they could not find it they still would not pm so I told the mangers to give me the number to their corporate office, they gladly did it thinking corporate would tell me the same thing. After talking on the phone for about 5-10mins the mangers said they would pm the product and give me 10% off anything else in the store after hearing me giving their names over the phone. I said great but continued to talk on to corporate. So like I said at the beginning it took me an hour and a half to get the product at the Kmart price, and after I paid for the SWTOR CE at $30 corporate apologised for the inconvenience and said they would give me coupons and certificates through my rewards card and email.

Also as a side note I also found at the same BB a Skyrim CE at $30.[/QUOTE]

Man, I nominate you for CAG of the week!

Well-played, sir. :applause:

I just bought one through the K-mart store using Paypal. I got an "order shipped" notification a few hours later.

[quote name='Lemon Monster']Went to BB took about an hour and a half just to pm. At first they told me that the CE was $130 and ya that was the price but when I showed they the price at Kmart they said they cannot pm b/c the local store was out of stock and in order to pm the store has to be within a 20 mile radius. So I challenge them to show me in their policy in price matching that a store has to be with in a 20 mile range, they could not find it. (by the way I was talking to 2 mangers and 2 employees at the same time) After they could not find it they still would not pm so I told the mangers to give me the number to their corporate office, they gladly did it thinking corporate would tell me the same thing. After talking on the phone for about 5-10mins the mangers said they would pm the product and give me 10% off anything else in the store after hearing me giving their names over the phone. I said great but continued to talk on to corporate. So like I said at the beginning it took me an hour and a half to get the product at the Kmart price, and after I paid for the SWTOR CE at $30 corporate apologised for the inconvenience and said they would give me coupons and certificates through my rewards card and email.

For those managers

[quote name='Lemon Monster']Went to BB took about an hour and a half just to pm. At first they told me that the CE was $130 and ya that was the price but when I showed they the price at Kmart they said they cannot pm b/c the local store was out of stock and in order to pm the store has to be within a 20 mile radius. So I challenge them to show me in their policy in price matching that a store has to be with in a 20 mile range, they could not find it. (by the way I was talking to 2 mangers and 2 employees at the same time) After they could not find it they still would not pm so I told the mangers to give me the number to their corporate office, they gladly did it thinking corporate would tell me the same thing. After talking on the phone for about 5-10mins the mangers said they would pm the product and give me 10% off anything else in the store after hearing me giving their names over the phone. I said great but continued to talk on to corporate. So like I said at the beginning it took me an hour and a half to get the product at the Kmart price, and after I paid for the SWTOR CE at $30 corporate apologised for the inconvenience and said they would give me coupons and certificates through my rewards card and email.[/QUOTE]

I have this problem at a local BB, but unfortunately they are clearly smarter than the employees at your store.

This is straight from the BB site:

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

[quote name='Masume']Bleh, after scrambling around with that K-Mart FUBAR it looks like no one else has these remotely near me, and Newegg deactivated it entirely.

Would pay more for this set and I love the game, yet I wont be able to get my hands on one for all the scalpers. Joy.[/QUOTE]

Hey I have ordered 2 and both my orders came through. If you want me to sale you one of mine I would gladly consider it.

Missed the ordering window last night, but managed to order one this morning; Got a confirmation email that it would ship from one of their stores due to high demand. Hopefully it goes through and doesn't show up looking like a box people were using as a soccer ball.

so basically you were a dick customer because everything you just said is against price matching policy so you take it to corporate trying to get the managers and employees in trouble for doing the right thing... yes there is a 25 mile radius , and yes best buy is not eligible to pm if kmart is out of stock. its assholes like you i see at work all the time :applause:

[quote name='JokerCard']Kmart ships fast! Already out for delivery to my home[/QUOTE]

I got my shipping notification yesterday. My shipped email says it shipped UPS, but doesn't have the tracking #. Checked Kmart's site and I don't see it anywhere either. Where do you see your tracking #?

EDIT: I noticed I'm getting that 'null' page on Kmart's site, so I'm going to assume that's probably where it is.

[quote name='barrit']I got my shipping notification yesterday. My shipped email says it shipped UPS, but doesn't have the tracking #. Checked Kmart's site and I don't see it anywhere either. Where do you see your tracking #?[/QUOTE]

I had to chat with a CSR over Live Chat to get mine. Mine shows it'll be coming tomorrow.

[quote name='.Virus']so basically you were a dick customer because everything you just said is against price matching policy so you take it to corporate trying to get the managers and employees in trouble for doing the right thing... yes there is a 25 mile radius , and yes best buy is not eligible to pm if kmart is out of stock. its assholes like you i see at work all the time :applause:[/QUOTE]

Why is he an asshole? He challenge them to find the policy that limited BB to a 25 mile radius for PM, they couldn't find it. I for instance didn't know about that policy and to be honest sounds a little made up on the moment.
Either way, 2 managers and 2 employees and even corporate didn't know where to find this policy is outrageous.

I thought it was common knowledge that most retailers will only PM a store in your shopping district.

Makes absolutely no sense to think a store in my state (Maine) would PM another store half way across the country.

[quote name='Link2999']I had to chat with a CSR over Live Chat to get mine. Mine shows it'll be coming tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Same here.
$1 for 2nd day air. Nice.
I love when they make too many CEs and overprice them.

[quote name='Elmacanon']Why is he an asshole? He challenge them to find the policy that limited BB to a 25 mile radius for PM, they couldn't find it. I for instance didn't know about that policy and to be honest sounds a little made up on the moment.
Either way, 2 managers and 2 employees and even corporate didn't know where to find this policy is outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy Price Match Policy The managers/employees did not make anything up. It is there for anyone to read. The person pitched a fit like a child until he/she received an unnecessary compensation. Then reported it on CAG like he/she were David and had just defeated Goliath. However, the person should have reported: I acted like a complete ass in BB today. I was rejected for a PM. Instead of accepting the BB policy regarding PMs, I called corporate to endanger the jobs of people who were doing their job by not letting me have my way. Not only did I get my PM, but I'm also going to be rewarded w/ extra reward certificates and gift cards . I received all of this simply for being an ass.

What baffles me is that there were 4 employees (2 of them being managers) and none of them were smart enough to just click on the website and then click on the easy to find link that says "Price Match Guarantee".

So either it's BB's fault for having dumb employees and this guy isn't an ass or this guy was an ass and after they told him he couldn't PM he cried until corporate gave him something to appease him.

[quote name='kerouac kid']Best Buy Price Match Policy The managers/employees did not make anything up. It is there for anyone to read. The person pitched a fit like a child until he/she received an unnecessary compensation. Then reported it on CAG like he/she were David and had just defeated Goliath. However, the person should have reported: I acted like a complete ass in BB today. I was rejected for a PM. Instead of accepting the BB policy regarding PMs, I called corporate to endanger the jobs of people who were doing their job by not letting me have my way. Not only did I get my PM, but I'm also going to be rewarded w/ extra reward certificates and gift cards . I received all of this simply for being an ass.[/QUOTE]

I agree on him being an asshole, but if the employees cannot defend their jobs (finding something so easy and important), they deserve it.

[quote name='Elmacanon']I agree on him being an asshole, but if the employees cannot defend their jobs (finding something so easy and important), they deserve it.[/QUOTE]

The policy doesn't "sound" made up anymore?

[quote name='Elmacanon']Why is he an asshole? He challenge them to find the policy that limited BB to a 25 mile radius for PM, they couldn't find it. I for instance didn't know about that policy and to be honest sounds a little made up on the moment.
Either way, 2 managers and 2 employees and even corporate didn't know where to find this policy is outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Just because it sounds like its made up doesn't mean it is.

[quote name='kerouac kid']The policy doesn't "sound" made up anymore?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Just because it sounds like its made up doesn't mean it is.

Like I said, it sounded to me made up on the moment, didn't implied that IT WAS made up.

[quote name='Elmacanon']Nope.

Like I said, it sounded to me made up on the moment, didn't implied that IT WAS made up.[/QUOTE]

Actually by saying that, you are implying. So...

[quote name='Elmacanon']I fail then. Anyways, poor employees.[/QUOTE]

There are some smart ones, but there are a lot of BB employees that are unaware of what is going on. When I bought Diablo 3 the girl who checked me out said, "A lot of people have been buying this, is it new or something?".

I just laughed and said yes. She was very good looking, so I gave her a break lol. But seriously, how do their employees not know about an item that half of the people walking into the store are coming in to get?

[quote name='kerouac kid']Best Buy Price Match Policy The managers/employees did not make anything up. It is there for anyone to read. The person pitched a fit like a child until he/she received an unnecessary compensation. Then reported it on CAG like he/she were David and had just defeated Goliath. However, the person should have reported: I acted like a complete ass in BB today. I was rejected for a PM. Instead of accepting the BB policy regarding PMs, I called corporate to endanger the jobs of people who were doing their job by not letting me have my way. Not only did I get my PM, but I'm also going to be rewarded w/ extra reward certificates and gift cards . I received all of this simply for being an ass.[/QUOTE]

If the story is accurate, the employees were wrong about the radius (they claimed it was 20 miles and it's 25 miles; in my case that would make a difference). However, they didn't even need to go there because if that store (20 miles, 25 miles or 25 feet away) is out of stock, that's already enough to deny the price match.

The customer was wrong to argue/escalate, but this does balance all the times BB employees spew BS about the "policy", e.g., the store has to be in the same city.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']I thought it was common knowledge that most retailers will only PM a store in your shopping district.

Makes absolutely no sense to think a store in my state (Maine) would PM another store half way across the country.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, guy was an asshole for ppl doing their job.

I ordered 2 yesterday afternoon and received both today! The whole thing took less than 24 hours from order placement to delivery.

By the way, the boxes were in mint condition.

[quote name='ferris182']I ordered 2 yesterday afternoon and received both today! The whole thing took less than 24 hours from order placement to delivery.

By the way, the boxes were in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

Same here!! I was about to leave out and I got the package. One day shipping?!? They really must want to get rid of these.
:applause:

I didn't get my shipping confirmation email until 430pm or so, but if it's waiting for me when I get home, that would be crazy.

Now I know why I rarely shop at Kmart. Ordered mine for in store pickup at the Rocklin, CA store yesterday, got my pick up confirmation and went down today to get it. After standing 3 feet from 5 of the sets waiting to be picked up for half an hour, the 'hardline manager' (whatever that is) tells me they must have given mine away last night to someone else. How that happened without a printout and barcode, I have no idea.

She told me the others sitting there were pulled this morning and were waiting for people who ordered last night. Told her since I was already there, ordered before those people and had mine given away by an inept employee, that I should have dibs on one of those remaining. I thought, let her call the person and tell them they made a mistake and they didn't have anymore...not my problem.

She agreed and I walked out with one after standing around for the better part of an hour. Ugh. Kmart. So, sorry if I screwed another CAG out of theirs but not my fault, take it up with the ineptness of Kmart.

I too received mine today. Mine was shipped in a relatively flimsy box with some air pillows. It arrived in about the same condition as the one I got from Amazon when the game launched - with the exact same crack running 3/4 of the way up the front left side of the top cover. All I could do was laugh, since the whole reason I ordered one was to replace my cracked cover that has driven me nuts since launch. lol

Yeah... OCD, I know... :p

[quote name='blakesgameroom']so i ordered mine at like 10am this morning and talked to the Kmart CC people just now and said mine is about to ship and expected arrival was the 15th.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually get a tracking number? I ask because the first time I talked to a CSR they said there wasn't a tracking number yet but that the est. arrival date was the 15th. Chatted again this morning and got the tracking number and it now shows it shipped from Illinois and is coming tomorrow. So you might get yours well before the 15th, as I am.

I guess mine may get here tomorrow if I got the same fast shipping. I chatted with CS earlier today after some of your responses, but they said there wasn't a tracking number yet. No big deal. I'm not in a hurry, but it would be nice to know when to expect it.

look at these assholes on eBay. Many listings at between $65-$80 including shipping (some are even offering free priority shipping).

Do people not realize this weighs like 8lbs and won't fit in a flat rate box? Lot of time and effort and space to give up to make ~ $15 per unit

Edit: Like most CE clearances eBay is flooded with idiots undercutting idiots. I just don't understand some of these sellers---it's like they are so frantic to just get rid of what they just bought. It must be more about the thrill of "OMG I just sold something on eBay!" then making any sort of real money.

bread's done
Back