SWTOR CE $29.99 - Kmart.com

Thanks OP. I was finally able to get to my Kmart store and pick this up after placing an in store order a week ago. Its a shame it was a little damaged from the spider wrap. I should have probably had it shipped but I was worried I would never get it. Oh well. At least I got one.

you guys better flip those collector's editions soon...end of summer TOR is going free to play...it's all over the news. Those collector's editions will be worth absolutely nothing. Ebay auctions are hovering 40-50 bucks right now. I was going to get one at Best Buy but it was 74.99 and all beat up to hell and the guy was like...oh that's a great deal I was like umm go throw a pie in your mouth fatty.

[quote name='s0undwav3']you guys better flip those collector's editions soon...end of summer TOR is going free to play...it's all over the news. Those collector's editions will be worth absolutely nothing. Ebay auctions are hovering 40-50 bucks right now.[/QUOTE]

On the flip-side...eBay is absolutely flooded with these right now because of all the retailer deals. You'll get lost in the flood. I have an extra copy to get rid of....but before I resort to eBay I'll let it sit until these resellers work through some of their stock. I figure...I'm no worse off by waiting. The retail sellers (Best Buy/Target/GameStop/Fry's/etc.) will exhaust their supply shortly. By October I'm hoping that most of the overflow is gone. This is perfect for consumers though....buy in October for a low price and still get in on the extra alien races and cartel coin bonuses.

All this said....if any CAG wants a copy....I would love to get rid of one. $33.15+shipping (pick your own shipping option...I don't care. I have a copy ABSOLUTELY MINT that I don't need). I ordered two to make sure I got one...but both arrived. PM me if interested. Otherwise I'll try my luck on eBbay in late September. I don't care about a profit....I just want to unload the copy I don't need without losing money on it.

UPDATE: My second copy is sold. Thanks CAG...that was easy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got 2. Will try unload one later. Really only care about the statue. Though there's the possibility I'll try this game. A small possibility...

[quote name='scarhawk']Got 2. Will try unload one later. Really only care about the statue. Though there's the possibility I'll try this game. A small possibility...[/QUOTE]

You know you will. You can't help it. You want to play an Imperial Agent, be James Bond, and save the galaxy from freedom, liberty, alien-loving space hippies, and all that rot. And if you're ever in doubt, your sicko psychotic Jack-wannabe (who kept the cultist haircut) girlfriend will remind you not to ever, ever do the Right (TM pending) thing.

Or you can run around the galaxy waving a glowrod around. Either/or.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']You know you will. You can't help it. You want to play an Imperial Agent, be James Bond, and save the galaxy from freedom, liberty, alien-loving space hippies, and all that rot. And if you're ever in doubt, your sicko psychotic Jack-wannabe (who kept the cultist haircut) girlfriend will remind you not to ever, ever do the Right (TM pending) thing.

Or you can run around the galaxy waving a glowrod around. Either/or.[/QUOTE]

This. I could never get into WoW, but I've put a few hours into TOR (currently Level 4 Bounty Hunter) and I'm liking it. I'm not hooked, but I'll put in a few hours a week, when I have time.

Just picked this up at gamestop. Will I be charged if I enter my payment info and then immediately cancel it ? I know this has probably been asked, but flying spaghetti monster knows what page its on.

[quote name='s0undwav3']you guys better flip those collector's editions soon...end of summer TOR is going free to play...it's all over the news. Those collector's editions will be worth absolutely nothing. Ebay auctions are hovering 40-50 bucks right now. I was going to get one at Best Buy but it was 74.99 and all beat up to hell and the guy was like...oh that's a great deal I was like umm go throw a pie in your mouth fatty.[/QUOTE]

The game having a free to play option means almost nothing to the value of the collector's editions. The CE was originally $90 more than the base game, the game itself is of secondary cost to the additional items in the CE. And the free to play version doesn't give you access to everything that a purchased/subscribing account does.

Even then, the normal game is what, $15 right now? Why would anyone buy the CE for such high prices if all they wanted was the $15 game that's included with it?

I ordered mine on the 6th, got the order confirmation that day, but I haven't gotten it yet (also haven't had my card billed either). Anyone else having a similar issue?

"ordered mine on the 6th, got the order confirmation that day, but I haven't gotten it yet (also haven't had my card billed either). Anyone else having a similar issue?"

Same here. I called customer service and they stated that it hasn't been delivered yet and I would receive an email in 3 to 5 business days. That would be anytime between now and Monday. I'll post when I get the email. I also ordered on the 6th. I should note line was showing delivered on the order status screen.

[quote name='s0undwav3']you guys better flip those collector's editions soon...end of summer TOR is going free to play...it's all over the news. Those collector's editions will be worth absolutely nothing. Ebay auctions are hovering 40-50 bucks right now. I was going to get one at Best Buy but it was 74.99 and all beat up to hell and the guy was like...oh that's a great deal I was like umm go throw a pie in your mouth fatty.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if anyone grabbing these at K-Mart or GameStop isn't aware of this. This is the reason that the price on the CE and the standard edition are plummeting. I saw a Fry's thread where that chain is selling the CEs at $20.

[quote name='PintSizedPurple']Just picked this up at gamestop. Will I be charged if I enter my payment info and then immediately cancel it ? I know this has probably been asked, but flying spaghetti monster knows what page its on.[/QUOTE]

You won't get charged until your first 30 days are up, so if you cancel the subscription/remove payment info before then, you'll still have access for the free 30 days.

[quote name='edub3']"ordered mine on the 6th, got the order confirmation that day, but I haven't gotten it yet (also haven't had my card billed either). Anyone else having a similar issue?"

Same here. I called customer service and they stated that it hasn't been delivered yet and I would receive an email in 3 to 5 business days. That would be anytime between now and Monday. I'll post when I get the email. I also ordered on the 6th. I should note line was showing delivered on the order status screen.[/QUOTE]

Good info, thanks!

bread's done
Back