Syndicate $4.99 + FS @ Microsoft Store (and other meh discounts)

mossfan563

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
As I was looking at the sale page for the Microsoft Store, I saw Syndicate for $5.

Syndicate: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Syndicate-for-Xbox-360/productID.253766600

At that price + free shipping + tax, it's a steal in my opinion. Pretty decent game too.

Some more games were added to the sale page too. They're not amazing discounts but they're "meh".

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/Xbox-Black-Friday-Game-Deals/categoryID.67557100?Icid=Xbox360Games_Spot_6_Clearnace_122513&ClickID=cpeziapqfkaf4xvawqwwea7ffqwzlf7kvzzk

Thanks OP, picked up a copy of Syndicate. Have been looking for a cheap copy of that.

Also, the Afterglow controllers at $9 isnt so bad if you need a few extra ones. 

I can't decide if this game fits in the "generic shooter" category that I keep out of my collection. Doesn't seem to offer much in imagination or anything unique.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is only $10, don't know that I've ever seen it so low.

And AC4: Black Flag Limited Edition (with statue) is $60.

Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition is $5.

Prototype 2 is $8.

Lots of good stuff.

I have a feeling that a lot of this stuff will slowly be reduced in price even more over time cause over the last two months they been reducing majority of it more and more each time I think they probably trying to clear room of last gen games and accessories for the new current gen games and accessories and also with president day Monday there a possibility some the stuff might be even cheaper then so im wait

It really doesn't. But for $5 why not? It's not a terrible game but it's definitely not original.
I don't collect for the sake of collecting. The game has to have some appeal to me. I much prefer a sloppy game with some imagination and originality to a well put together game that just goes through the motions.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is only $10, don't know that I've ever seen it so low.

And AC4: Black Flag Limited Edition (with statue) is $60.

Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition is $5.

Prototype 2 is $8.

Lots of good stuff.
Did you check the stock on these games? I know I checked Transformers and it wasn't available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else notice that Syndicate doesn't show up when you use the search bar on the MS Store web site?  It just pulls up Saints Row.  So much for Bing...

I don't collect for the sake of collecting. The game has to have some appeal to me. I much prefer a sloppy game with some imagination and originality to a well put together game that just goes through the motions.

Did you check the stock on these games? I know I checked Transformers and it wasn't available.
a lot the games been out of stock lately Microsoft just leave the out of stock games on the page I know the street fighter x tekken been out of stock a few weeks now cause I been checking periodically on it

Not on everything, no. I already own Fall of Cybertron, so didn't check that.

Ultimately I didn't buy anything anyway. PS+ spoils me as it is, and there's always the threat of collections of several games, or of definitive versions, or what have you. Trying to stick to buying what I'm gonna play soon these days, which is a 180 for me, since I used to bring home piles of games from the old Blockbuster Video deals.

I really respect that viewpoint, I can sympathize.

mossfan563 is right, there's not much originality but it is "well put together" as you put it. It sounds like it's not for you. It is one of the worst examples of rebooting a game with none of the spirit of the original.

However, if you're an unabashed fan of generic and/or average shooters like I am, you'll probably have a good time with Syndicate. For me a lot of the fun of shooters comes down to a hard-to-define "feel" of the guns, their damage to enemies, and your weight in the world. I think Syndicate does a good job with all this.

The hacking side of things is pretty half-baked and I won't say anything about the story other than don't expect much. Supposedly the co-op levels are better than the campaign if you can get a few people together for that, but I have no experience with it so I can't say.

For $4.99 (I think it's been this much on Amazon PC digital as well?) I think it's definitely worth shooter fans' time.

mossfan563 is right, there's not much originality but it is "well put together" as you put it. It sounds like it's not for you. It is one of the worst examples of rebooting a game with none of the spirit of the original.

However, if you're an unabashed fan of generic and/or average shooters like I am, you'll probably have a good time with Syndicate. For me a lot of the fun of shooters comes down to a hard-to-define "feel" of the guns, their damage to enemies, and your weight in the world. I think Syndicate does a good job with all this.

The hacking side of things is pretty half-baked and I won't say anything about the story other than don't expect much. Supposedly the co-op levels are better than the campaign if you can get a few people together for that, but I have no experience with it so I can't say.

For $4.99 (I think it's been this much on Amazon PC digital as well?) I think it's definitely worth shooter fans' time.
Thanks for the run down. Definitely helps with my decision.

The hacking side of things is pretty half-baked and I won't say anything about the story other than don't expect much. Supposedly the co-op levels are better than the campaign if you can get a few together for that, but I have no experience with it so I can't say.
I agree with this,the game does nothing new,but the shooting mechanics are solid,and the coop campaign was extremely fun and worth it just for that. You do wish the story was better since the atmosphere and setting are good.

Okay, so you go to MS Store's homepage, dig your way to the games

for 360...look at each genre of games, and look for deals.

Sort of a lot of work, but it works.

bread's done
Back