Syphon Filter (PS2) $10 + $20 GV at EBGames

[quote name='CheapyD']List was sent to EB yesterday...good luck![/QUOTE]

I'm sure Cheapy's influence will take care of this without a single problem. :D

Doh, I didn't see the thread updates until now. I haven't received a rebate at all as of yet. Hopefully if you guys get things resolved, I can drop Cheapy's name when I call to get the same deal :)

Me too. However, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, what are the odds that this one will stack with the previous one they sent me two copies of [in other words, actually giving me '20 back' instead of '2 x 10's', which is not quite the same thing, when they have to be used on separate purchases.]
Anyway, I'm disappointed it took that, but definitely thanks Cheapy for using your clout, and judyX3 for taking names [in a good way].

[quote name='dtcarson']Me too. However, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, what are the odds that this one will stack with the previous one they sent me two copies of [in other words, actually giving me '20 back' instead of '2 x 10's', which is not quite the same thing, when they have to be used on separate purchases.][/QUOTE]
It actually worked out better that way for me. I used the original rebate for Metroid Prime 2 at $19.99. It dropped to $14.99, and they gave me the difference... I'm not sure if they would have given me the difference if I had completely used the rebate. Anyways, it kinda sucks you can't use all $20 on a more expensive item, but it's kinda nice to be able to use it on two < $20 items.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Cheapy, you totally da man! I just got the other half of my rebate via email!

THANK YOU SO MUCH :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]

Same here, thanks CheapyD and judyjudyjudy for your assistance.

Thanks, Cheapy. I got another $10 voucher just a few minutes ago. I guess I'll do some shopping at EB tomorrow morning now.

Oh, and thank you judyjudyjudy for helping out in all of this too.

I haven't been around in a week. Any advice on getting the other half of the rebate, or did I miss the boat? If so, no worries, since I still broke even, but I can't say I'd mind having the other $10 I'm entitled to.

[quote name='uberzone']Same here, thanks CheapyD and judyjudyjudy for your assistance.[/QUOTE]
Indeed, got mine tonight as well. Many thanks to both of you for a job well done! :applause:

Thanks guys, I got another $10 rebate today. Like I said Cheapy you are the man.

JudyJudyJudy thanks for the assist on this as well.

just got my second $10. Thank you to Cheapy, Judyjudy, and anyone else who helped out.
Thanks as well to EB for following thru on your end of the bargain.

:bow: :applause: :bow: :applause: :bow: :applause: :bow:

Got my other half today as well! Much thanks to Cheapy and judyjudyjudy for all that you both did to help get this matter resolved... and pretty damn quick too! :D

[quote name='dtcarson']Me too. However, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, what are the odds that this one will stack with the previous one they sent me two copies of [in other words, actually giving me '20 back' instead of '2 x 10's', which is not quite the same thing, when they have to be used on separate purchases.]
Anyway, I'm disappointed it took that, but definitely thanks Cheapy for using your clout, and judyX3 for taking names [in a good way].[/QUOTE]
Do we have confirmation that you can't combine the 2 codes?

Many thanks to everybody who wrote EB to complain, and to Judy and Cheapy for getting it done.

Wow you guys are unbelievable.:applause: Thx for helping everyone get their money.

I just found my second 10 dollars!

ah man this sux, I considered the $10 a lost cause, after calling them a few times and getting shafted I stumbled onto the recent turn of events on this thread, knowing my luck I probably a$$ed out on this but heres my EB addy anyways: [email protected] , If I can still hitch a ride on this bus please hook it up, otherwise thanks for all your time & effort JudyJudyJudy & cheapyD Im glad some people managed to stick it to the man,

Thanks CAG for handling everything. Thanks to EB too for owning up to their part of the deal. I'll probably be a little leary about using deals where they are losing money now, but they are still the best online retailer for games around.

[quote name='evilmax17']Do we have confirmation that you can't combine the 2 codes?

Many thanks to everybody who wrote EB to complain, and to Judy and Cheapy for getting it done.[/QUOTE]

I've stacked multiple vouchers together, the one time I tried to do it.

Had two $15's, a $20 and a $10 all stacked together on two $50 game purchases.

It was for a pair of pre-orders, and it ended up putting $30 on each order, since pre-orders get their own order.

Well, I just called because I haven't received anything yet and found out that EB just mailed my $10 last week. Can I still get on this bus? Is Judy still accepting PMs of email addresses.

btw, the rebate dept doesn't have any record of my SplinterCell rebate now...thank goodness I scan everything....gotta fax my info back in....heh.

Excellent!!! Got my second code this morning. Thank you so much Judy and Cheapy for all your efforts, we really appreciate it.

OMG.

Ya know, after I sent out for my voucher, I forgot about this thread, and assumed I was good to go. I should have checked back, I suppose.

Guess I'm screwed out of $20, huh?

Well, I'm sure Cheapy's involvement had something to do with it, but still, vindication is good.
Got two snailmail letters from the BBB today regarding my complaint.
One said "We contacted EB, and they didn't answer. This complaint will be marked 'closed-unanswered', and we will reopen it if need be' or something like that.
The other one?
A letter, from Ross Kovarik, Customer Service Supervisor, who rephrased the issue "The customer was given 10 rebate when it was supposed to be 20.' and states 'we have sent the customer the add'l 10.' Which they did, finally, after Cheapy got involved. In other words, if it was just me and my little peon voice, as Ross told me repeatedly, "No".

Of course, I've probably been blacklisted now.

Oh yes, and the complaint was "misplaced internally within EBGames." So if they "misplace" BBB complaints, it's no wonder this was such a snafu.

Oh, and you can stack these rebate codes, I used three on my last order.

Should we boycott EBgames? After all, not everyone got the full $20 they were supposed to get...

I suppose I value cheap video games more than screwing EB.

[quote name='electrictroy']Should we boycott EBgames? After all, not everyone got the full $20 they were supposed to get...

I suppose I value cheap video games more than screwing EB.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's 2 6-month old threads bumped in a matter of hours, the boy's on a roll...

bread's done
Back