System of a downs new CD in 13 days, horray!

Hell fucking yes...while I haven't listened to Steal This Album! and I'm not really a fan of most of Toxicity, Mesmerize and their first album are on my list of top 10 probably. I felt like they lost some creativity and were too mainstream on Toxicity, but boy did they change that on their latest. From the single I've heard off of Hypnotize, I am excited.

Cannot wait. Self-titled is their best album, while I felt Mezmerize to be their weakest. I'll be there to get it the day it's out. Can. Not. Wait.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Cannot wait. Self-titled is their best album, while I felt Mezmerize to be their weakest. I'll be there to get it the day it's out. Can. Not. Wait.[/QUOTE]
I liked Toxicity the best.

Toxicity introduced them to me, and i enjoy it now and then, but i cannot listen to it consistantly.

Steal This Album! and their S/T are probably my favorites, but i enjoy them all.

I'll definitely pick this up in 2 weeks.

I wonder if there's a chance of it releasing earlier due to piracy concerns, like with other artists.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']That was quick to pull out another cd, but I cant get enough of the song they play on the radio.[/QUOTE]

That song was, like, an amalgam or characacher of every angsty nu-metal sack of shit in existence.

I just can't wait for them to tour again. Last concert they played for at least 2 hours straight. One of the best concerts I've been to.

I started with Toxicity, moved onto Steal This Album, and have been absolutely freaking obsessed with Mesmerize since it came out in May. The album is still on constant heavy rotation in my house and my car and I'm completely excited about the new album.

[quote name='projecteightysix']Mesmerize and hynotize were supposed to be a double album, but i guess they just wanted to work on it more so they released it 6 or so months later.[/QUOTE]

"Work on it more" = make more money with two cds

Wow. Can't believe there are so many big SOAD fans out there...I'm actually listening to Mezmerize right now... :lol: I've been a big fan for years now. I've got all the CD's, and I'll be getting Hypnotize on its release day. Oh, and for those of you above, Mezmerize will have been released six months ago on the day of Hypnotize's release!

And, IMO, their CD's go:

Toxicity > Mezmerize > (Self-titled) > Steal This Album

[quote name='SithFran']I just can't wait for them to tour again. Last concert they played for at least 2 hours straight. One of the best concerts I've been to.[/QUOTE]

I missed their Chicago date this year. :cry: I was so busy with school. Wish they'd come a little closer to me. (Bloomington/Normal or Peoria)

I'll get it if it's at a nice price (less than $10), otherwise I can wait. I loved Mezmerize and felt it was their best effort since Toxicity, as Steal This Album was their worst, though it was still somewhat good.

Suggestion for this thread:

Change the title of this thread to:

System of a Down's new CD releases on November 22.

That way, the OP doesn't have to change the date every day. Unless the OP wants to, of course...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'll get it if it's at a nice price (less than $10), otherwise I can wait. I loved Mezmerize and felt it was their best effort since Toxicity, as Steal This Album was their worst, though it was still somewhat good.[/QUOTE]

Watch K-Mart. I got Mezmerize for $10 on release day earlier this year.

[quote name='basketkase543']"Work on it more" = make more money with two cds[/QUOTE]

System is not about money. They could give two craps less if their music was heard by 1 or 1000 people. IMHO the are one of the last true artist around. They are the most down to earth band I have ever meet. All the fame and money have not gone to their heads one bit.

[quote name='Rig']Watch K-Mart. I got Mezmerize for $10 on release day earlier this year.[/QUOTE]
I guess, but K-Mart's out of the way. I'd expect a $9.99 price tag at CC or BB when it releases like most CDs I'd like to get, but usually don't.

Toxicity was their best album in my opinion. Can't wait 'til this comes out; I'm almost out of new music to listen to.

*listens to Trivium for the 20th time that day*

[quote name='Rig']I'm sure most of you have heard it by now, but SOAD has 'Hypnotize' on their website. Enjoy!

www.systemofadown.com[/QUOTE]

The intro to their website is way annoying. I kind of like hypnotize so far. They raised the bar really high with mezmerize.

[quote name='munch']The intro to their website is way annoying. I kind of like hypnotize so far. They raised the bar really high with mezmerize.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the bar is set very high. I hope they can make another excellent CD. That's one of my biggest worries; I hate when a band I love begins making crappy CD's. It's almost inevitable for all bands, but I hope SOAD doesn't start!

[quote name='Rig']Yes, the bar is set very high. I hope they can make another excellent CD. That's one of my biggest worries; I hate when a band I love begins making crappy CD's. It's almost inevitable for all bands, but I hope SOAD doesn't start![/QUOTE]

I'm really afraid (not really afraid, this isn't that important :lol:) but i felt like they came back huge with Mezmerize. I loved their self-titled album. I got it right when it came out. I thought Toxicity was ok, nothing like the rawness and sense of WTF? that came with the first CD. Mezmerize was refreshing because they kept that sense of quirkiness and injected a lot of harmony into it. It's just a good solid rock album that is accesible enough to be played on the radio yet different enough to be original.

So far Hypnotize doesn't really do it for me, but it's slowly growing on me.

Seven days people! I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to grab the SOAD sampler CD...it's in their ad for this week...$1.99! :cool: I'll let you know how it is tomorrow!

I really like SOAD, but a recent bittorrent of their new cd (Don't look at me like that, I was excited.) doesn't instill me with the best of thoughts. It's pretty bad, actually. I thought that maybe it was just one of those albums that grow on you, but after listening to it for a while, it's just not so spiffy. Most of the lyrics are just plain bad and the songs are just missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Back to Toxicity for me.

[quote name='Mirow']I really like SOAD, but a recent bittorrent of their new cd (Don't look at me like that, I was excited.) doesn't instill me with the best of thoughts. It's pretty bad, actually. I thought that maybe it was just one of those albums that grow on you, but after listening to it for a while, it's just not so spiffy. Most of the lyrics are just plain bad and the songs are just missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Back to Toxicity for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...that's kinda scaring me a bit...I hope I like it. (And I've told myself I will not download the songs...gotta hold to that!)

[quote name='Mirow']I really like SOAD, but a recent bittorrent of their new cd (Don't look at me like that, I was excited.) doesn't instill me with the best of thoughts. It's pretty bad, actually. I thought that maybe it was just one of those albums that grow on you, but after listening to it for a while, it's just not so spiffy. Most of the lyrics are just plain bad and the songs are just missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. Back to Toxicity for me.[/QUOTE]

Same thing, I've listened to it for a few days now and it just doesen't have that same power that Hypnotize had :(

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Same thing, I've listened to it for a few days now and it just doesen't have that same power that Hypnotize had :([/QUOTE]

you mean mezmerize, right?

I want to get hypnotize before i go to school on tuesday at 11 but I dont want to deal with the Xbox 360 People. What time do they open on Tuesday?

The new cd sounds like it will be better than mezmerize... I hope so. BYOB was pop-ish and sounded stupid. I felt they kinda sold out on their last cd. I hope they can ragain my respect.

Self>Toxicity>Steal this album!>Mezmerize... theyve gotten progressively worse

[quote name='sixersballernum3']How much will the dualdisc be?[/QUOTE]

At CC, according to the website... $18.99.

I'll grab the DualDisc at BB for $11.99, and use my $2 off coupon from their EP.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']At CC, according to the website... $18.99.

I'll grab the DualDisc at BB for $11.99, and use my $2 off coupon from their EP.[/QUOTE]

damn. Guess I'll shell outt 19 then. =[

[quote name='sixersballernum3']damn. Guess I'll shell outt 19 then. =[[/QUOTE]

No BB in your area, or you just don't like BB? If you just don't like them, you can always PM at CC.

The lead guitarist was interviewed in the holiday issue of Guitar One. It's the only reason I bought the magazine!

bread's done
Back