T-T-Terrible Wii Troubles

Adekadeoka

CAG Veteran
I've got a Wii, and like most others, i reckon its the best console ever:applause: . I got the Wifi USB connecter, all was well until i got a mac. it :bomb: frustrates:bomb: the hell out of me that about everything doesn't work or is "Only for Windows" and everything is completely different. This is the same for the Wifi USB connecter software. Im looking for an alternate motive for it to work, the CD wont run in the Drive, so i cant get the software to work. , does any one have any advice or steps i can take to get my Wii online?:drool:

It has a built in airport card apparently. Oh, this might be a stupid question, but currently, im waiting to get a WIRELESS network, im wired right now, i did what the site said, but failed, im waiting to get my wireless network running again, will it work with a wired network, or does my computer need to be wireless?

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/17/how-to-share-your-macs-internet-connection-with-your-xbox/

I saw this the other day and since I'm getting my iMac in the Mail on Friday I've been on the lookout for Mac related stuff (even though my 360 is hooked up to my router). If you have any questions though just ask :)

EDIT:Darn it I just realized that's for the wrong system. I'll have to give this one a look (although if you happen to have the USB to Ethernet adapter for the Wii it would likely work like the 360). I'll post a reply later tonight if no one else has anything for you.

Retreading old ground here: The easiest solution is to set up your Mac to "share my internet connection over WiFi," and then your Wii can go on the net through that. The only problem with this setup is that your Mac needs to be on when you want to take your Wii (or any other WiFi device) online.

Personally, I skipped the hassle and got a cheap wireless router for my gadgets to share instead.

And I don't think you need the Nintendo USB WiFi thingie at all; it's only for folks whose computers don't have WiFi built-in.

--R.J.

bread's done
Back