Tabula Rasa now free to play

franz ferdinand

CAGiversary!
Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa was scheduled to go free to play in January, but it looks like NCSoft bumped it up month.

TR is a (mostly) gun-based sci-fi MMORPG which plays not unlike a third- or first-person shooter, with real-time combat unlike the turn-based style of most MMOs.

The catch? The game is being shut down at the end of February. Still, two and half months is time enough to see much of the game, and since there's no cost, there's nothing really to lose. The devs are still adding things, including player Mechs.

Some links: Official site, PlanetTR forums, TaRaPedia Wiki

Do you still play? I'm on the test server since there's an NPC there who can level you up (to level 30, 40, 50) and give you a lot of cash. There's no way I'm going to put any more time into the game when it's set to shut down.

Ahahah yes!! in the other thread about the game shutting down I was sad to see that it was never gonna hit F2P status.

This is awesome new. I've always wanted to try the combat system.

[quote name='whitereflection']Do you still play? I'm on the test server since there's an NPC there who can level you up (to level 30, 40, 50) and give you a lot of cash. There's no way I'm going to put any more time into the game when it's set to shut down.[/QUOTE]
I still play. I've been subscribed since August.

The best thing to do is probably play on the live servers until you get a feel for the game, then go to the PTS and play the endgame stuff on there. The downside of test servers is the impermanence, but that's a problem with TRs live servers too. My main is level 30 (out of 50), and the game has slowed down a bit, but maybe I just need to move on to a new area.

I play on Pegasus (US East) if anyone cares. There's serverwide chat, and people there are pretty helpful (as is often the case in low-pop games).

I Just bought the CE box for 10.50 from the CC close out.... hmmm...what to do with a game that will be dead in a month or two?

Freakin' awesome game and I couldn't recommend it enough, if it weren't closing. I played for a few months but canceled the week that the shutdown was announced. There's not really any reason to waste your time with it now, even if it's free.

The game isn't bad when it came out,. I like the sci-fi settings since my other MMO experience is from WOW. But like all MMOs, if you don't have friends who play, the game can get boring rather quickly.

I'm definitely sad to see this go, although we do have new Star Trek and Star Wars MMOs coming. Time to go look for new sci-fi MMOs to play.

why not? if you've got the room on your computer it's a free game to play..lol, just to mess around and have fun. but yeah i agree with not really putting too much time into it.

bread's done
Back