Tabula Rasa

Noodle Pirate!

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (99%)
10,000 Tabula Rasa closed beta invites are starting to come out now. Keep an eye on your email inbox!
I really can't wait for this game. The latest in game movies look really beautiful.

Woot. Can't wait. This isn't the first wave of invites, but I think it is the third or so.

Wonder if any CAG managed to snag an invite by now.

EDIT: More invites are being sent out tomorrow.

[quote name='Surferflames']Signed up ages ago. Feels like a year even. Back when my PC could actually run it nicely. No email yet though.[/quote]

Make sure to double check that you actually have the correct info in. I believe I had to update info a couple of months ago. Signups started in January though.

The last time I used my NC account was to beta test Auto Assault. So after reading the Tabula Rasa beta news on EvilAvatar, I went on over to NC's website and wasted 10 minutes trying to retrieve my forgotten account ID and password (and failed) so I could at least sign up for the open beta. To my delight, I was sent the invite email along with my master account name. Hooray!

So now I need to replace my PC's failing power supply that started acting up months ago. I suppose its heating issues or too much wattage? It's one of those cheap ass power units that came with my computer case- but it ran fine for years. Now my comp is running without any disc drives, a replaced, less demanding video card, and a few less cooling fans. Aye, off to NewEgg.

Just got my invite today too. Installing now, but I'll post my name once it's done so I can play with any other CAGs with the beta.

so far it's been pretty fun. The monthly fee of $15 still has me hesitant though. I hate monthly fees.... I know what kind of dirty trap that can lead into. It's definetly more interactive than most other MMORPGs and that's a huge plus. It is beta so it's rough on the edges but the game does ship in 2 months.

BTW, don't bother wasting pts on chaingun, just sucks up ammo

I signed up ages ago, and still havent got a beta invite yet.. But I think it's coming out in October, so it's unlickely, but who knows.. I got into the CoH Beta test like 3 days before the servers went live. :)

I got some mixed feelings about this game after getting to lvl 18 or so. Much of it can be a beta feel, but the whole multi-instancing on shared combat grounds feels a bit iffy. I'd have preferred different contained server worlds to make it al seem more cohesive rather than that guild wars feel. The communication system is horrible compared to the other 2 mmorpgs I've played (FFXI and EQ2) but the combat is really refreshing in comparison. Sure bullets go around corners and basically you autolock most of the time anyway, but the fact that taking cover (abiet alot of it) will stop enemies from hitting you and there is far more combat and it's way more action paced. The way enemies dropship in is a nice touch too. If this game was $!0 a month I might be right on board, but I don't see how people can jump into any mmorpg at anything about that price. I know after you get in it's hard to stop, but damn...

After playing the beta, I think I'm going to ignore it until its been out for six months, and then see what people are saying about it.

[quote name='Sideswiper']After playing the beta, I think I'm going to ignore it until its been out for six months, and then see what people are saying about it.[/quote]

That's usually a good choice. While the fast-past combat sounds compelling, I'll wait for them to fix any bugs/balance issues before hopping aboard. My biggest complaint with MMOs is that they put me to sleep...

Well, that's why you play the beta if you can. It's free for now, but yeah it's been pretty buggy and it's a month from ship so we'll see how many they fix. But it's more compelling than all the other standard mmorpgs you see going around.

If you think there are problems now, you should have seen it around the time I got in. That was pretty much around the time this thread got started. :p

Don't play at the moment though due to massive game releases that interest me more at the moment after having played the game first hand.

One thing I particularly am hoping for is this turns into a "UO" in the sense that it starts off somewhat fun, but quite buggy/unbalanced, and straightens up within a year of release and turns into what early UO was. God I remember when "Vanquishing" ment it really added +25 damage... lol. Totally murderous at the time.

How is UO now? I played it back in '00 - '01 and even then people were saying it sucked compared to the old days :D (which shows you just how long it's been around!)

all I know is that they need to do some major balancing because I am killing everything with 1 hit with my netgun. Granted it's slow reload and 1 shot, but damn lols..

But bigger issue is the bugs.

I played it to level 11 before the wipe, and tried it again after the wipe but could only get to level 5 before getting completely bored and uninstalling it. The game is kinda fun if you're in a group, but really you can probably solo 99% of the starting area (Concordia Wilderness). I don't like how the world is instanced either, it's awkward trying to get a group all in the same instance.

The quests don't have much diversity, it's pretty much just fetch and kill type quests. I guess most MMOs these days follow that formula though. Another thing I hate is the map marker that shows you exactly where to go for the quest. But I like exploring and getting lost in MMOs. Some people might want to complete quests and level up ASAP, so that's understandable.

Yeah the dropships are kind of cool, but really they are just a static spawn that you can almost set your watch to. It becomes pretty obvious in some of the missions where you need X number of enemy brains or whatever that you can just wait in one spot for the respawn.

I'm glad they worked out the major bugs though, like shooting through the walls. That bug made one instance impossible for me to even try. To me the graphics look like a 3 or 4 year old PC game, but for some reason it wouldn't let me change the default graphic setting so I didn't get to see how good it could really look. Anyone considering the game should really try it for themselves. Personally, I wouldn't play it if they paid ME. ;)

I've tried and it's tough getting used to having a gun in an MMORPG because I'm so used to having medieval weapons.

[quote name='subnet_rx']I've tried and it's tough getting used to having a gun in an MMORPG because I'm so used to having medieval weapons.[/QUOTE]

just use Tab, then it'll be more familiar.

The guns is what makes this game better than other mmorpgs since there's more to do than just mechanically hit macros.

Haven't played in a bit since I got to the 2nd planet, but it's not bad. I just have too many other games to play that don't charge monthly fees. I'd definetly take this one over any of the other carrot stick mmorpgs out there.

Anybody been playing the final game and have thoughts on it?
I played the beta from early september and it was really buggy for me. A TON of graphical glitches that I didn't want to bother to take the time to figure out since I just really wanted to check out the game. I was jumping around and ended up in a base I wasn't supposed to be in (I think I jumped in through the top somehow) and wiped out the entire place by myself (with no idea what i was doing lol. I probably wasn't using my skills or the right gun/ammo or something cuz the last guy took forever to kill). I did a couple quests and couldn't take it anymore. There were no other players that I could see and it was very cold and lonely by myself.

Anyway now that the game is out, and that the limited edition is $30 with free shipping + free month on amazon right now, I'm considering checking it out again (also, my friend is buggering me to play with him).

Just wondering if any of you have/are playing it and think it's worth the $30 for the game + free month at least.

If the limited edition is priced $30 this soon after release, it probably means the game bombed.

I bet if you graph the price of MMOs (x time, y price), most of them would be discounted at 50% or more within 4-7 weeks after release. Compare this with successful games, which almost never see those kinda widespread discounts that early in their retail life.

In other words, the vast majority of MMOs kinda fade into obscurity and are quickly liquitaded from store shelves.

bread's done
Back