Taco Bell Appreciation Thread

savestheday888

CAGiversary!
I just thought I'd share my love of cheap ass food with my fellow CAGolytes. What other fine fast food chain can you buy such a filling meal for only $5? mmm...chicken quesadilla....cheesy gordita crunch...bean burrito....toilet..

Haven't ate there in years. I tried to go the other day but I forgot my money and they wouldn't take my credit card. I had a craving for mexican pizza.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Haven't ate there in years. I tried to go the other day but I forgot my money and they wouldn't take my credit card. I had a craving for mexican pizza.[/QUOTE]

That is a shame; they usually take credit card. I feel your pain on missing out on the mexican pizza.

Taco Bell cheap? :lol: They used to be cheap, but not anymore. They're a decent way to clean out your bowels, but there's more effective ways to go about it.

Taco bell is my go to place when I'm going to eat fast food or undecided. By that I mean lets say I get hungry and I don't want to cook or can't decide what or where to eat, I go their with $5 bucks and get my fill of food.

I read the topic like five times, and every time I thought it said, "Taco Bell Application Thread."

@_@

Uh, I like the cinnamon twist, or whatever they're called.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Taco Bell cheap? :lol: They used to be cheap, but not anymore. [/QUOTE]

Only if you buy the newer stuff basically anything they advertise on tv is going to be expensive. I stick to the basics taco, mexican pizzas, nachos, soft tacos. I do remember when a hard shell taco from them only cost .59 cents. I have not been their in about a month or so. I have no idea what costs what now. I think last time I was their tacos were .79 cents.

Some Taco Bells charge more than others, I know of the 2 near me, one charges $1 more for most stuff (combos for eg) than the other. This is off topic, but how is the Green Burrito (found in Carl's Jr.'s)?

The last time I ate there, my stomach hurt and a river of lava came out.

Considering my own Mexican-style cooking tastes better and is easier on the stomach, I'm content with not eating there.

[quote name='Graystone']Only if you buy the newer stuff basically anything they advertise on tv is going to be expensive. I stick to the basics taco, mexican pizzas, nachos, soft tacos. I do remember when a hard shell taco from them only cost .59 cents. I have not been their in about a month or so. I have no idea what costs what now. I think last time I was their tacos were .79 cents.[/QUOTE]
The tacos were half that price years ago, now it's damn near a buck a taco and that's too much. I don't go to fast-food anyway, so most of it's too expensive for me anyway. I prefer the homemade tacos instead.

I'm still trying to forgot the fact that Shaq and Hakeem fucked the corporate whore to promote the Double Decker Taco

Taco Bell rules. I usually order a 1/2 Beef and Potato Burrito and a Grande Soft Taco for $1.39 each (used to be $1.29 but they raised the price). Almost every Taco Bell in my area is in a food court in a mall so rather than buying a soda for $1.30 - $1.50, I do the cheapass thing and go outside of the mall to the mall parking lot where there are soda machines with a 20 oz soda for $1. A meal for under $4, not bad.

Each time I go in there, I always order a grilled stuffed burrito, nachos, a mexican pizza, and either Mountain Dew Code Red or Wild Cherry Pepsi. I could eat that stuff without ever getting tired of it.

I wish there was a taco bell near me. The closest one is a good 40 mins away from me. Whenever I do go there I usually end up getting the Nachos Bell Grande. I think its the cat's meow.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']What the fuck is a mexican pizza? Last time I was there I asked the guy at drive through, and he was like, I have no fucking clue, bu its flat and has other stuff.[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend gets it every time we go there, and I'm still not sure what it is.

Hahaha, anyone notice the Google ads? "Get paid to Eat Tacos? Earn $10-90/Hr Eating a Taco, Shipping & Observing Service..."

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Haven't ate there in years. I tried to go the other day but I forgot my money and they wouldn't take my credit card. I had a craving for mexican pizza.[/QUOTE]

you are so lucky, after workin there for 2 years in my past, I will never eat at taco bell again! Del Taco is a totally different story though... :)

I average about 6 trips to taco bell a week. You can't go wrong with an enchirito. I wish they would bring back the tostada though, those things were amazing.

Taco Bell = Meh
Del Taco = GOD

The food is sooooooo much better!
I can get two tacos, a cheddar quesadilla, and a 1/2 bean and cheese burrito for like 3.50

I heart you DT.

[quote name='Jaket']2 grande soft tacos without lettuce....

$1.58

i heart you taco bell[/QUOTE]

your grande soft tacos arent $0.99 over there? hot damn!

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']What the fuck is a mexican pizza? Last time I was there I asked the guy at drive through, and he was like, I have no fucking clue, bu its flat and has other stuff.[/QUOTE]

I haven't ordered a Mexican pizza in probably over a decade, but, IIRC, it's like a quesadilla but made with taco ingredients and fried tortillas.

I hear the Cheesy Bean and Rice burrito is good. I want to try one.

Anyway, cheesy fiesta potatoes are awesome. So are bean burritos, and soft tacos, but I'm wary of any of their stuff with meat in it. Otherwise, it's all good.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I hear the Cheesy Bean and Rice burrito is good. I want to try one.

Anyway, cheesy fiesta potatoes are awesome. So are bean burritos, and soft tacos, but I'm wary of any of there stuff with meat in it.[/QUOTE]

not as good as the bean burrito especial they replaced it with.

[quote name='2poor']not as good as the bean burrito especial they replaced it with.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was upset about that, actually. They'd better be good. In fact, I haven't ordered anything from Taco Bell except the Bean Burrito Especial and the Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes (and the occasional apple whatsits) in quite some time. So, yeah, those are replacing my favorite menu item...I hope they're good.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Yeah, I was upset about that, actually. They'd better be good. In fact, I haven't ordered anything from Taco Bell except the Bean Burrito Especial and the Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes (and the occasional apple whatsits) in quite some time. So, yeah, those are replacing my favorite menu item...I hope they're good.[/QUOTE]

i also always ordered the 1/2 lb especial. when i didnt saw it was replaced i thought the new thing would be kind of good, but it was terrible. i want my damn 1/2 lb especial back.

Heres a question, have you ever told someone that you are going to taco bell, and then they ask you to pick them something up. You say sure trying to be nice then you hear the dreaded let me write it down...fucking special order people. "ok I want 7 tacos no meat, but 8 burritos double cheese + extra meat also get me a cup of pickles"... Did you just say pickles? "also get me gorditas but tell the to leave out the ditas part it gives me the shits" Do the special orders not realize when you order at taco bell, and you order more then 5 things the convicts behind the counter cant figure it out. So they stuff one burrito in the bag, with 3 tacos even though you ordered nachos and soft tacos.

I think taco bell is the only place where I check my bag everytime. I think of all of the fast food places they have the most mistakes. Maybe cause they have the most stuff on the menu of anyone. You go to wendy's they have different hamburgers but its all meat on a bun. You go to taco bell it may be meat on corn but its many different ways some grilled, toasted just stuff together etc. This is why I think of all of the places taco bell is the worst for getting orders right. I still like it though just I say 1 out of 4 trips something is not right as where normal place 1 out of 8 times.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge'] (and the occasional apple whatsits) in quite some time.[/QUOTE]

Empanada (em-pa-nada) Its a Latin American pastry sorta like a hot pocket you really can fill them with anything and eat it like a hot pocket. Think of it as a...hot pocket.

*we need to fix the broken record* :D

[quote name='Graystone']Think of it as a...hot pocket.[/QUOTE]
That's the last thing I want to do. If I associate them with Hot Pockets in any way, I'll probably puke. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']That's the last thing I want to do. If I associate them with Hot Pockets in any way, I'll probably puke. ;)[/QUOTE]

A desert hot pocket? or a sweet and savory pastry filled delight...better?

After reading this thread and realizing I haven't been to there in ages, I went got Taco Bell bout 30 mins ago. Ordered 2 Crunchwrap Supremes, 2 1/2 Lb Beef and Potato Burritos, and a Nachos Bell Grande for exactly $9.99 after tax. Me and my bro are now very satisfied but sorta sad we didn't think to get Choco Tacos. I could really go for one right now. Anyway, thanks for the thread OP!

[quote name='CouRageouS']After reading this thread and realizing I haven't been to there in ages, I went got Taco Bell bout 30 mins ago. Ordered 2 Crunchwrap Supremes, 2 1/2 Lb Beef and Potato Burritos, and a Nachos Bell Grande for exactly $9.99 after tax. Me and my bro are now very satisfied but sorta sad we didn't think to get Choco Tacos. I could really go for one right now. Anyway, thanks for the thread OP![/QUOTE]

Haha! No problemo amigo!

Im eat pretty much only health food but i can only go so long without a Taco Bell fix. It's their mild sauce that does it for me. A chicken quessadilla dipped in mild sauce is just about as good as it gets.

food is good but there not cheap there about as average as any other fast food giant I recall in the early 90s they were doing so well mcdonalds was scared ..the biggest reason..there food was cheap similar to how burger king had a cheap menu..and now there horrible 5 dollars for a burger? no thanx

anyways its odd how when someone is doing so well that they would mark up all there food and ride a far backseat to mcdonalds instead of chasing down the driver seat.

The cheesy bean & rice is the best thing since ... ever. I'm so fucking glad they brought it back. TB was the first thing I ate when I got back from Mexico. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The cheesy bean & rice is the best thing since ... [/QUOTE]

QFT. I never used to eat Taco Bell until the other day when I decided, "what the hell, it's only $0.99". The next thing you know you are hooked on the stuff...

bread's done
Back