Taiko Drum Master $9.99 Target B&M YMMV

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I picked up this game w/drum [of course] yesterday for $9.99 .

I think I like Donkey Konga much , much better .
Does anyone know the Gamerush trade value ?

Oh well , happy hunting .

was it on clearance? or just marked down for a temp price cut? Thanks for posting btw.

[quote name='Richlough']I picked up this game w/drum [of course] yesterday for $9.99 .

I think I like Donkey Konga much , much better .
Does anyone know the Gamerush trade value ?

Oh well , happy hunting .[/quote]

That's interesting. Seems to me that most people prefer Taiko. I believe they were both made by the same team, though.

I prefered Donkey Kong Jungle beat :whistle2:s

Edut: I think I didn't like the US Taiko Drum Master because of the localized songs.

[quote name='tenzor']was it on clearance? or just marked down for a temp price cut? Thanks for posting btw.[/QUOTE]

Regular price with shelf tag and all .

It was on an end cap , with Guitar Hero .

I'm gonna have to check this out. Gotta love quirky games for cheap. If all else fails, I can stash it in a closet and bring it out in 5 years for a good ebay profit I bet.

The Gamerush trade-in value is $0. It's not in their system...I tried trading one in back when it dropped in price at Game Crazy.

And you're right...Donkey Konga is much better. I haven't even opened my second copy of Taiko yet...got it for a second drum for 2-player mode. The thing is way too heavy to trade on here too.

[quote name='suko_32']I prefered Donkey Kong Jungle beat :whistle2:s

Edut: I think I didn't like the US Taiko Drum Master because of the localized songs.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I prefer Taiko because I think the DK song selection is horrible. *shrug*

FIrst target was out, second target though had some, or at least did, I picked up one and so did a friend, we turn around and some guys got the rest. Oh well 9.99 in system, thanks OP

[quote name='argyle']Weird, I prefer Taiko because I think the DK song selection is horrible. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Well if it's DK vs Taiko Songs in the US versions, I'd go with Taiko too. The one I liked, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, is more of a game. Now the Japanese song list for almost all of the Taikos is awsome IMO.

[quote name='suko_32']Well if it's DK vs Taiko Songs in the US versions, I'd go with Taiko too. The one I liked, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, is more of a game. Now the Japanese song list for almost all of the Taikos is awsome IMO.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well yea, I agree with that - but then that's comparing apples to oranges. I was just talking drum music games. :) Best use of drums on a console period easily goes to DK:JB.

[quote name='espy605']None in Alhambra. Clerks wouldn't even call the storeroom to ask if they had any back there.[/QUOTE]

If someone posts the DPCI number for you, you can manually enter it in any of the price checkers that have number inputs on them...that should show how many are in inventory both on the floor and in the back room.

Just checked the Mira Mesa SD store, none there.

If anyone can get the number, I would try to input it at a price checker.

I picked it up for $45 last year. Its a fun title, but the song list is lacking

Thanks for the head's up OP. I can verify that the Chouteau Target in Kansas City and the Liberty Target are ringing up at the same price.

The track list is a little... eh, but for $10 it's definitely fun. I ended up going to get a second one for my brother's birthday.

For the people in the San Francisco area, none in both Targets in Colma/Daly City. I haven't had time to check the one in Tanforan.

Had to go to two stores before finding one. The first store I went to had one but someone took the game out of it. Shame!!

Thanks OP!

Don't know if this was posted yet, so sorry if this is already known.

Don't bother buying these to trade-in at EB/GS. The second Target I went to has an EB just down the strip, so I asked how much Taiko would get me.

The guy said around $4.00. I'm not sure how the EB/GS POS stuff works, but I could tell he was guessing.

Someone else can confirm the real price, but I'm also sure it isn't much.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Don't know if this was posted yet, so sorry if this is already known.

Don't bother buying these to trade-in at EB/GS. The second Target I went to has an EB just down the strip, so I asked how much Taiko would get me.

The guy said around $4.00. I'm not sure how the EB/GS POS stuff works, but I could tell he was guessing.

Someone else can confirm the real price, but I'm also sure it isn't much.[/quote]

Well a couple months back I think I got around $5 credit for it, so he was probably about right on it.

[quote name='alleycat58']If someone posts the DPCI number for you, you can manually enter it in any of the price checkers that have number inputs on them...that should show how many are in inventory both on the floor and in the back room.[/quote]
I went to 5 freaken Targets & none had them...Damn i wish i knew about that inventory thing...Dont know if its worth all the trouble/gas to go back there...Can they check their inventory if you call them by phone?

I'm here in Washington State...Did someone here already cleared them out? Olympia/Tacoma areas...

[quote name='rcaido']I went to 5 freaken Targets & none had them...Damn i wish i knew about that inventory thing...Dont know if its worth all the trouble/gas to go back there...Can they check their inventory if you call them by phone?

I'm here in Washington State...Did someone here already cleared them out? Olympia/Tacoma areas...[/quote]
Go to any Target store with the DCPI number and hit up Guest Services and ask them to do an area check on it for you. They will put the DCPI # in their computer and get a printout of any stores in the area that have them in stock. I think any cashier can do the locater as well but Guest Services just always seems easier.

Went to the Target off Peachtree Industrial in GA, and no luck. Went to th Target off Old Alabama Rd, near Pleasant Hill Rd and found two and bought both...

If any local (read: local to Norcross and surrounding areas) GA CAG's are interested in the other TDM and want to get it from me, PM me with an offer or if you have a trade list, we can work an exchange. And yes, by exchange I mean we will do any deals in person (sorry to those that wish me to ship it out, no can do).

[quote name='bigbabyaggie99']Had to go to two stores before finding one. The first store I went to had one but someone took the game out of it. Shame!!

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yeah...that happened to me too yesterday! Found one on the shelf, but noticed it wasn't shrinkwrapped...open it up..no game...

Luckily, there are about 4 targets within about 10 miles here..so the helpful associate checked the inventory at other stores, and there were still plent to be had (3-4 copies at least at all stores...)

Let the countdown to Guitar Heroes going on clearance begin! I am going to set the over/under line 2 months...

Went to Target again & did that UPC code thing at Guest Services...They told me they had 1 copy at one location & 2 copies at another location...They called to see if they have it but inform the customer service lady that they don't have any...What are the chances of them just being lazy to look?

So i'm pretty much SOL then...Does anyone know when they actually start putting games that's in the back into the glass cases again?

bread's done
Back