Taiko Drum Master

It's fun. I picked up the set for $20 at Frys last December and it's even more fun if you have family or friends that are into party games. It's got a decent number of songs (you can also unlock a few) and having 3 difficulty settings is nice. I'm not a big fan of the mini-games though.

Lots of fun, though sometimes it's hard to hit the drum in just the right place, which is kind of frustrating. This is the only rhythm game I've played with that type of issue (since you're not just pressing buttons, etc).

I like it but the drum sensors wear out which is a major bummer. I'm planning on buying a Taiko drum, real one, fitting it with the sensors from home or arcade and hooking it up to my PS2 to get the arcade experience.

[quote name='Sarang01']I like it but the drum sensors wear out which is a major bummer. I'm planning on buying a Taiko drum, real one, fitting it with the sensors from home or arcade and hooking it up to my PS2 to get the arcade experience.[/quote]

Thanks I'll try not to beat my drum too hard:lol: :lol: :applause:

[quote name='crystalklear64']Buy it and a few drums cuz those suckers wear out fast.[/quote]

I looked a little and I can't find the drum separately

If you can find a local Kmart with it still in stock and its price in the system is still locked at 90% off, then you can find one there for $5.

I had 2-3 of them from local Kmarts, but I returned one and gave one to a friend for him n his nieces to play since I figured I never would. They made a racket with it for about a week or two and it's sat there since. :(

If you have a Gamecube, look at Kmart for the Donkey Konga games, as those are also $5 still, barring them dropping out of the system.

The drums wear out?

Wow, I have 2 import drums from about 3 years ago that saw tremendous use (I have all 7 or 8 games) and still work like new. They look pretty beaten up, though.

Guess I just got lucky. Or maybe they cheaped out on the US drums. I have one of those, too, but haven't used it much.

Hey, if anyones interested I have two official taiko drums that hav never been used for sale. PErfect for anyone that thinks theres will wear out eventualy.

I bought two copies of Taiko when it was $15 at TRU. I played the hell out of it for a week or two, but it became boring very quickly. The songs just aren't that exciting.

[quote name='Zing']I bought two copies of Taiko when it was $15 at TRU. I played the hell out of it for a week or two, but it became boring very quickly. The songs just aren't that exciting.[/quote]
The US version has some really awful songs. If I hear the lyrics to rock the dragon one more time I just might kill myself.

Dragon! Dragon! Rock the Dragon!
Dragon Ball Z!

I have yet to meet the people they seem to market this music to. It's a fun game though, if you can get into the music

bread's done
Back