Take a Lick of Megaman - a CheapyD/CAG Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='CheapyD']bump, becuse I can.[/quote]

Bump, cause I can too, and this is an awesome song.[/quote]Bump, because another thread about this was just made with a link to this thread inside, so now I'll bump for fun. :wink:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']wow, i loathe non-nerdcore rap, but that was really good. nice job DJ Cheaps.

fo'shizzle[/quote]

you disgust me and all gangsters....

fo' real.. by the way its an ill beat for someone who isnt a real rapper but the lyrics suck real bad

this was a sweet song, I dl'd it, and it's one of the only songs I have since winmx and ares and all other p2p's wont' work for me still... I made a thread... but CHEAPY HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

ya too much... my 2 40s and then started in on the bacardi 151... I'm an emotional wreck too, to be honest with you, but let's keep it in the offical drunken horse topic

Please don't bump random old topics...

PS Cheapy where do you work, if you don't mind me asking... I'd like to send you flowers on Sunday, you're kind of like a "father/older horse" figure for me.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Please don't bump random old topics...

PS Cheapy where do you work, if you don't mind me asking... I'd like to send you flowers on Sunday, you're kind of like a "father/older horse" figure for me.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

In trouble with the head honcho, eh?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I couldn't look into it for some reason. Could someone post what the comments said.[/QUOTE]
Looks like the song has been removed.

Yeah, it was deleted.
They were removed because they caused too much controversy, basically.

They just can't handle The D.

The admin sent me the comments:

ASS & TETRIS

REVIEWS
:

Leis Miller [Level 1, 60 XP]
May 31, 2005

Okay well...First of all. I really hate that rap song. I hear it all the time at work and think that it's the most mindlesss, ridiculous, rude, and just plain retarded songs that I've ever heard. How you thought to mix it in with a Tetris song (without being stoned out of your mind) is beyond me. I also sort of got the impression that you sampled the actual Tetris music too. So I'm assuming that there is not too much original work here. I really don't like it. But since the idea is so out there, and it's pretty well arranged, I have to give you some credit. I'd say 40/100 will be a fair rating. But don't worry. I'm sure someone (like gaijin) will come along and tell you that it's their new favorite song. And I think this is your first song. So I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.
This review is rated highly by 46% of users Rate

Da Stray Dragon [Level 1, 7 XP]

June 1, 2005

First of All I think That's the best remix of all times plus to me cuz i have That song and I think you put almost everthing you could in it, but I think You sholud take the part with voice of BASHLEY out cuz I really think It's kind of annoying n' Im telling you I think thats a of Easy work there. Cuz think what you did was mix The tetris theme song and the song ass n't titties with. Not Much, but I like So far. The Voice saying bashley is really getting to my nerve. So I think it'd be better without that word. Since think it was kind of easy, Just mixing tetrix n' ass/titties. I give that a 67 cuz It kind of gets really annoying once you hear over n over again. A, Not bad, D+!!!
This review is rated highly by 0% of users Rate

Hat [Level 1, 1 XP]
June 4, 2005

I love Ass & Titties.......long story. This was kinda clever and was cute one time through, but I think it probably falls under the "you had to be there" catagory. I don't think this will be considered a legend in years to come or even make a mix cd for my car anytime in the near future, but I can appreciate the creativity behind it. I'd have to say it's probably not really what the community expects, but I do feel it to be somewhat in the spirit of the community, even if it's not what they were seeking. If folks here decide to deem it as art, go for it.
This review is rated highly by 0% of users Rate

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:

No subject 05/31/05 @ 7:25 AM voh
NO

Seriously what the fuck.

No subject 05/31/05 @ 1:31 PM OverCoat
This is a keeper.

When it gets deleted though, try to host it in the Minstrel's Guild or something. Seriously, this is hilarious.

No subject 05/31/05 @ 4:49 PM BuckleButt
This "song" belongs in a less mature destination.

No subject 05/31/05 @ 5:12 PM mDuo13
This goes in my mp3s/silly folder. Hilarious.

Do like soc says and post it in the Minstrel's Guild. That's where it belongs.

THANK YOU SO MUCH 06/01/05 @ 12:49 PM chthonic
This is hilarious. Seriously. I'm totally saving this.

-chth

Take a Lick of Mega Man

REVIEWS:

Leis Miller [Level 1, 60 XP]
June 17, 2005

Well despite what you said in your "disclaimer", I think this song is just plain sick. And I don't mean that in a good way. First of all, the song sounds like it's about rape. Which I can't see how that has anything to do with Megaman in any way.
It obviously takes some talent to be able to mix 2 songs together like this. So I can't give you a 0.
And I'd just as soon see this song deleted. But that's just my personal opinion.
This review is rated highly by 45% of users Rate

w0rf [Level 1, 3 XP]
June 17, 2005

Could you not have found a more appropriate song to blend with this song, like... I don't know... ANYTHING?

You get points for talent but zero for taste and style. Nothing says "Robot Saves the World" quite like coerced sexual acts and swear words posing as verbs and adjectives. I would have given you more points for blending Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" with the theme music for Mary Kate and Ashley: License to Drive.

Do the rest of us a favor and leave this kind of stuff in WIP so we can stop it before it kills again.

VGman2005 [Level 1, 2 XP]

June 18, 2005

I'll start this review with a question; What does this have to do with the game in general?

Answer; Nothing. That is exactly what this song is about in terms of remixing; nothing. It's simply a Gameboy stage theme with some guys voicing over it about forcing a woman to give them head. Totally unacceptable. I'm not a prude and all, but when you put in there a part where the woman refuses to do something sexually, and you point blank tell them, "Oh yes you will," it boarderlines on rape. Something that I would hope is frowned upon by almost everyone here on the site.

Next time you do a song, have it relate to the game in some form. This song has no relation to Megaman whatsoever with repeating vocals that boarderline on the description of rape that have not only offended me, but enough people to complain about the song.

thanks for the comments 06/17/05 @ 8:52 AM CheapyD
Thanks for downloading and listening.

I didn't pick the Akinyele track for its lyrical content. I just thought it was amazing how well the two songs fit together.

Keep in mind they are just words, and despite the comment from the individual above, words never killed anybody.

Innapropriate? 06/17/05 @ 9:11 AM chthonic
He wrote a fucking DISCLAIMER.

crycryemo
Seriously, this is an awesome cross-over. No real content or structure, but it does what it's meant to.

-chth

CheapyD's perspective 06/17/05 @ 9:34 AM Leis Miller
So if some fag song comes out about how great it feels to bang another guy are you gonna say "I'll still listen to it because it's got a good beat. Who care about the lyrics."

06/17/05 @ 9:38 AM w0rf
Yeah, he wrote a disclaimer. And I wrote an opinion. So we're both covered.

In other news, any musician who tells you his lyrical content doesn't matter, has no business putting lyrics in his music. That's great that you fit them together the way you did, congratulations. But I doubt that the original artist came up with those lyrics just because he couldn't find anything better to talk about.

06/17/05 @ 10:29 AM EazyP
I agree with chthonic, even though its not a remix in my opinion, its still a pretty good mix of two different songs, which is all it is, i'll keep this on my hard drive for...god knows what

06/17/05 @ 11:12 AM Xplo
I don't think this remix is meant to be any kind of original artwork.. it's more the remixer saying, "hey, look what I found, and look what I made out of it."

With that in mind, it should probably be removed since this isn't really the place for that sort of thing.. but to say something like "if you don't care about the lyrics, you shouldn't put them in" is missing the point, IMO.

06/17/05 @ 11:59 AM chthonic
So if some fag song comes out about how great it feels to bang another guy are you gonna say "I'll still listen to it because it's got a good beat. Who care about the lyrics."
So, how about this one: You TOTALLY missed the point. The point of this remix and my support of it lies in the fact that CheapyD found a humorous and harmonically pleasing alignment with two songs. What's even better is that one is a video game track, and the other is a crappy mainstream track about oral sex. If you're going to judge the remix based on the lyrics of the other song that it uses, you shouldn't be writing reviews.

Speaking of unjustly judging others, it's good to see that you're also a fucking bigot. I'm not even going to respond to the asshole "fag" comments.

-chth

06/17/05 @ 12:10 PM Zealotgi
This mix really isn't as good as your other one. The music is really kind of off, and all together, it doesn't sound very good. Your mixes are pretty hillarious though, and I hope to see more from you.

As for Leis, nobody really cares for your one-paragraphed biased opinion on bad lyrics. A good reviewer would look past that and view the actual elements that make up the mix.

(I don't mean to start a flame here, BTW)

06/17/05 @ 2:58 PM Dhsu
Wow, THE CheapyD?

Awesome site, dude. Has saved me many a buck.

Ba, play Mega Man 1 on the harder difficulty and then come tell me it has nothing to do with rape.

How you thought to mix it in with a Tetris song (without being stoned out of your mind) is beyond me.

I did laugh when I read that though.

Why did you bump this?
[quote name='HOVA uk']any more tracks coming out of the cagcast productions lair?[/quote]

Bumping old threads is happening way too much recently... but having never heard this, I'm glad this was bumped, coz this remix is fuckin' good.

Lyrics were embarassing. The beat was awesome, though.

Was that Sovereign as one of the female antagonists on the track? Not that it means anything....just wondering.

Also, requesting " Ass and Tetris", if anyone still has it.

I've always been a fan of Ass & Tetris, but I never heard this one. Thanks for the bump.

Edit: I read the comments from 2005, that Leis Miller guy is a real dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back