Taken 2 Disc Blu $13.86 @ walmart.com

[quote name='phogoodness']Looks like the other $14.99 Best Buy deals are also $13.86.

Taken
Slumdog Millionaire
The Wrestler
Revolutionary Road[/QUOTE]
What...the...hell....

[quote name='silentspork']Nope[/QUOTE]

some do, some don't.
Call ahead, and ask to talk to the floor manager of the electronics department, and ask.

if its still on sale tommorow ill probably go to Sears and pricematch the site plus get the extra 10% difference.

Not threadcrapping, but I saw Taken.....good price and all, but, it was ok, but why the super love? Nothing special about this movie, imo. Maybe I just heard too much hype before viewing. I agree with Ebert's 2 1/2 out of 4 stars. I mean, I can play Half Life if I want to see a bunch of bad guys get wasted.

[quote name='Stoneage']Not threadcrapping, but I saw Taken.....good price and all, but, it was ok, but why the super love? Nothing special about this movie, imo. Maybe I just heard too much hype before viewing. I agree with Ebert's 2 1/2 out of 4 stars. I mean, I can play Half Life if I want to see a bunch of bad guys get wasted.[/QUOTE]

Think of all of the Dolph Lundgren, Steven Seagal, Stallone, Schwartzenegger, and more recently Jason Statham movies that have come before this.

The difference is, Taken is just like those movies, but the hero isn't a steroid popping, older overweight with ponytail karateka, or ex-soccer star. Sure he may have once been a Jedi Knight, but other than that, just a normal guy.

That, and the storyline is at least 100% better and more believable than most in the genre before it. I was happily surprised by the movie.

Ebert can eat it.

Grabbed Benjamin Button from Amazon - after tax from Wal-Mart it was the same price, and this way I don't have to actually set foot in a Wal-Mart. win/win :D

[quote name='Kerig']

Ebert can eat it.[/QUOTE]

Hah. And by his past weigh-ins, he has eaten it. All of it. I still respect him most of the time, though.

[quote name='moviewizguy']What...the...hell....[/QUOTE]For most people, the Amazon.com deal is a pass compared to the Walmart.com deal.

$13.86 is $1.13 from the $14.99 BestBuy or Amazon price. It's about 7.5% sales tax on a $13.86 item in comparison, so it may be cheaper at Walmart.com, though unless it's free site-to-store or free shipping, it'll be cheaper at Amazon.com even with the "sales tax" figured into it.

I'd rather go with Amazon in this case, since it comes right to my door and I don't have to do anything.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I'd rather go with Amazon in this case, since it comes right to my door and I don't have to do anything.[/QUOTE]
same thought here, it'll be sitting at my door when I get home from work in two days. I'll save a few bucks but not worried about a lil change.

i have to pay tax (8.65%) whether i buy it at Best Buy, Amazon or walmart. i chose to PM the best buy ad to Sears B&M and got it for 13.50+tax=14.6x which is still lower than any other price i couldve gotten.

Thanks, imsarcastic and phogoodness for the heads up.

With Free site-to-store, plus tax, I ordered Slumdog and The Wrestler for a total of $29.38.
It's basically the same total price as Amazon had last week (when both were $14.99), but I hesitated.
No hesitation this time.

For those wondering why some of us like the movie so much, I for one am a father and like seeing a Dad screw up someone that messes with his family.

[quote name='Stoneage']Not threadcrapping, but I saw Taken.....good price and all, but, it was ok, but why the super love? Nothing special about this movie, imo. Maybe I just heard too much hype before viewing. I agree with Ebert's 2 1/2 out of 4 stars. I mean, I can play Half Life if I want to see a bunch of bad guys get wasted.[/QUOTE]
Umm...people love seeing bad guys deserve what they got coming to them?

[quote name='WormFOODx']For those wondering why some of us like the movie so much, I for one am a father and like seeing a Dad screw up someone that messes with his family.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I'm not even a father and I enjoyed the movie immensely. To me, it was like the ultimate badass dad role. It was basically "If James Bond had a kid". I think they also worked the "save the daughter" story much better than "Live Free or Die Hard".

My only gripe with the movie is I wish they could have gotten a more intimidating actor than Liam Neeson. After we finished watching it, I told my wife, "it's too bad Robert DeNiro is so old now. This role would have been perfect for him about 10 years ago." DeNiro's demeanor/attitude in this kind of role would have been epic.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My only gripe with the movie is I wish they could have gotten a more intimidating actor than Liam Neeson. After we finished watching it, I told my wife, "it's too bad Robert DeNiro is so old now. This role would have been perfect for him about 10 years ago." DeNiro's demeanor/attitude in this kind of role would have been epic.[/QUOTE]That's part of what makes the character. He's fairly unassuming, to the point that his ex-wife pushes him around. But then he turns into a complete bad ass.

I think people just talked this movie up too much. While I did enjoy people getting what they deserve the movie was just too predictable. Also, somehow he is always in the right place at the right time for eveything.

These prolly seem like slightly stupid comments, but I think it just boils down to people telling me it was ridiculously good and my high hopes were not met.

bread's done
Back