Taking Notes -- Laptop or Pen & Paper?

pen/pencil and my Geabox notes binder as well as recorder. take notes in class, listen to recording when going over test prep stuff. This is until MS Courier comes out. That will be all Ill need.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Everyone is different, but kids in my classes that don't take notes usually drop the class or get crappy grades.[/QUOTE]

I have 1 single subject, spiral notebook that I used for 4 semesters. It has ~12 pages of notes in it, half of which are doodles, and I graduated with a 3.6 (Not the best by any means) and never dropped a class and made 4.0s in 3 of those semesters, and a 3.75 in the other

But, OP, pencil and paper is the way to go, if you are going to take notes. I found that if I had my laptop I just ended up on Facebook or reading blogs. I only wrote down incredibly important things, though, like "Prioritization Protocols..." and never made it further than that. My notebook is basically a listing of Topics we discussed with absolutely no information after that.

On the rare occasion it would get drilled down one more level, so it would have say 3 different types of the overall topic listed, but that's about it.

I haven't been to college, but if I had the choice, I'd go pen and paper as well. Not so much for easier / quicker note taking, but knowing me, if I was on a laptop, I'd be so distracted doing non-school related things it wouldn't be funny.

bread's done
Back