Taking pets across state lines

Rusty Ghia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My brother is moving from California to Arizona and is taking the family pets. He has a dog, and a Pacific Parrotlet, a type of very small parrot. I know that some states don't allow the transport of animals across state lines and was wondering if they'd have any trouble at the Arizona border. How would I find out?

I've been to Arizona several times and I seem to recall there being a border check on the Arizona side. I just don't want them to get there and find out that their pet bird has to be destroyed because it doesn't have any paperwork.

[quote name='munch']Have you ever gone from one state to another? It's not like each state has a Checkpoint Charlie.[/QUOTE]
Shit. Then who was that guy in the leather suit that strip-searched me the last time I went to Wisconsin?

[quote name='Stoneage']Shit. Then who was that guy in the leather suit that strip-searched me the last time I went to Wisconsin?[/QUOTE]

That was me. And thanks.

Taking pets across state lines isn't a problem. Its not like they have checkpoints. Some pets are illegal in some states. But I'm talking about certain lizards, and monkeys. Your bird, and dog won't be a problem.

[quote name='Graystone']Taking pets across state lines isn't a problem.[/QUOTE]

you have never been to hawaii. in order to take a dog into that state, it takes six months to process the paperwork, and the dog must be a pure breed.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']A border crossing between states....... ?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Some of my family vistis from Florida to my mothers side of the family in Massachusetts, no one ever stops them.

[quote name='dracula']you have never been to hawaii. in order to take a dog into that state, it takes six months to process the paperwork, and the dog must be a pure breed.[/QUOTE]

OP is speaking of California to Arizona, and when most people say crossing state lines they think of the lower 48.

Just got back. The border crossing was fine and there was no check going from California to Arizona. There is a border check coming from Arizona to California, but I bypassed it since I flew back.

As for the rest of the trip, you don't want to know.

bread's done
Back