Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

[quote name='Cmosfm']What a shitty, worthless post.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']agreed[/QUOTE]

And this just adds so much more to the conversation, eh?

I had no idea what the price of a used iPad 2 would be since the 3 came out, figured it would be less than $200, which is about 40% of what the msrp of the ipad 2 since it is now "outdated", also I do not find value in a tablet pc.

tl;dr Don't like me? I don't care ignore me and move on. Its cheap ass gamer not bitch ass gamer

129037515783236598.jpg

Everyone let's be nice lol

Made the rounds this week, picked up a few things:

Prince of Persia SNES
Sega AC Adapter for genesis 2/32x
$3 each

:gc:Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (no manual, BL)
:gc:Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (no manual)
:gc:Killer 7 (complete)
:ps2:Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (complete, BL)
:wii:Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (no manual)
$5.20 each

Just got a few Game Boy games from a pawn shop. Pokemon Yellow and Gold, Pokemon TCG, and Conker's Pocket Tales. All for a couple bucks each.

xbox - star wars battlefront 2 complete
gamecube - eternal darkness sanity's requiem missing manual

$5 total. asked if they had anymore last gen games other than what was on the shelf and they said they wouldn't be carrying them anymore ):

This thread incited my interest to go to the local pawn shop and see what I could pick up (they have a slew of games).

I know the owner REAL well, and knew I could get a great deal there.

Anyways I got

:ps3: Uncharted 2 (no case)
:ps3: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
:ps3: Lego Indiana Jones

:psp: Ratchet and Clank PSP
:gba: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

I gave 20 bucks for all this. Not too great, but not too bad either, especially if Uncharted works. I haven't tested it, but both Lego games work.

I asked him how much and he said how does 25 sound? I told him I would give him 20 and he said sure thing. I'm a little disgruntled as I think I could have got another gba game out of him.
Of course, not all sales are final there. They will take a game back if it doesn't work.

They're good people over there, and it's a legit pawn shop.

I bit on a Zelda 3DS console with Ocarina of Time 3DS (cart only) for $100. Seems like a good deal now, but I'm not sure with the 3DSXL if I really got that sweet of a deal. Also grabbed an ice blue N64 controller for $5, makes the third one I have to match my system.

ooh.. I haven't been to one in a while, but one thing I was very happy and excited about was a copy of Rule of Rose, mint condition (pretty much as if it was just opened) for 20 or 30. Not the best price, but was well worth it for me considering it's condition.
photo.jpg

EDIT:
[quote name='NiiNJA']xbox - star wars battlefront 2 complete
gamecube - eternal darkness sanity's requiem missing manual

$5 total. asked if they had anymore last gen games other than what was on the shelf and they said they wouldn't be carrying them anymore ):[/QUOTE]

Eternal Darkness is awesome! I picked that game up with the manual and everything from gamestop. I've never seen manuals being sold at pawn shops.. I wish I could find some that I'm missing for a few ps2 games I have.

Recent finds:

:xbox: KOTOR II $7.50
:xbox: Morrowind GOTY $7.50
:xbox: KOTOR II $3
:ps2: Capcom vs SNK 2 $5.50
:gc: Pokemon Colosseum $7.50
:pc: The Witcher 2 Enhanced $5.50
Banjo Kazooie $5.50
Mario 64 $5.50

Halo 2 steelbook complete $4
Majesty PC in big box $3
Donkey Kong Country Returns complete $9
Lego Star Wars II Gamecube complete $3
TMNT Hyperstone Heist cart $4
Sunset Riders cart $4
Pokemon HeartGold complete $10
Pokemon Black & White Pokedex $3
And off-topic, but: Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Jungle Book, Aristocrats, Bambi DVDs (all like new) $2.50 each

I played the Majesty demo a lot when I was young but for some reason never got the game, and I'm glad to finally pick it up. Halo 2's steelbook has a small dent in the front but looks pretty nice overall; it isn't scratched up like they so easily seem to get.

Went to pawn shop and got Star Ocean: The Last Hope International Version for PS3. Was 8 bucks so it was a great deal since $20.85 is the cheapest on Amazon.

hu0Ri.jpg

went to a few pawn shops and one thrift store and came out with this for just below $50 today. lucked out in finding the vana'diel collection in Roses too, most of their games were useless but this was still there with the map too for $10!

[quote name='NiiNJA']
hu0Ri.jpg

went to a few pawn shops and one thrift store and came out with this for just below $50 today. lucked out in finding the vana'diel collection in Roses too, most of their games were useless but this was still there with the map too for $10![/QUOTE]

Why is vana'diel collection rare or somethin? Each of my friends have one and i hav a 360 n ps2 copy. I dont know im jw and aren't servers closing anyways

Pawns have been kinda dry for me lately.. Picked up Lost Odessey and Shadow of Rome for $10 the other day, though. They're also holding one of the Naruto movies on blu for me until the 30 days they're allowed to sell it for $5, for flipping.

Cleaned up some pawn shops in my area..

Dead Ring Chop til you drop (no manual)- 4
One piece (complete and minty)- 21
One piece (complete but instructions are bent)- 25
W13 (complete)- 7.50
Star Wars Forced Unleashed 2 (manual only)- 5
Kinectimals (complete)- 7.50
nba 2k13 (complete)- 20
lost odyssey (complete)- 8
Left 4 dead 2 (complete)- 7.50
UFC 3 (complete)- 5

great run..also found some others but those were the main mentions..

My wife runs the pawn shop here in town. I get alot of my games from there these days.

lately I ended up getting two 8GB vita memory cards for almost nothing. Lately there hasn't been much in store game wise that I'm interested in/don't have. I wish I had waited for my vita though. Few months after I bought it they started coming in lol. I'm waiting on a wiiU at the moment. Once people aren't tax rich anymore stuff will start coming in ;)

[quote name='mitemouse']Cleaned up some pawn shops in my area..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/sam0243l.jpg/

Dead Ring Chop til you drop (no manual)- 4
One piece (complete and minty)- 21
One piece (complete but instructions are bent)- 25
W13 (complete)- 7.50
Star Wars Forced Unleashed 2 (manual only)- 5
Kinectimals (complete)- 7.50
nba 2k13 (complete)- 20
lost odyssey (complete)- 8
Left 4 dead 2 (complete)- 7.50
UFC 3 (complete)- 5

great run..also found some others but those were the main mentions..[/QUOTE]

how the hell is there a price difference on the one piece games- with the damaged one costing more?

[quote name='MasaTFC']how the hell is there a price difference on the one piece games- with the damaged one costing more?[/QUOTE]

different pawn shops. but i dont mind at all.. I talked the average one down from 39.99 to 25 so i count it as a win.. when i asked for a deal the lady started looking online for a new price (disc only goes for $50+) and she tried reading the title and asked if the name of the game is "one pic" and i told her yup.. she coudnt find it and i was able to get a lower the price.

Also i found a Ultimate Alliance gold edition for $8, i was very excited until I researched that the manual and game were the original version.. the gold edition case might be worth something though.

Had a couple decent pawn shops finds this weekend also it has to mostly do with anime so I kinda feel like Squarehard...

8608367766_4eab989b91_z.jpg

This was a good score! I've been looking for this game for quite some time now. I picked this up at a pawn shop on the way home for Easter.

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion - PS3

I know I gave a little to much but I couldn't pass it up for $12.99!

8607264917_8ebd261bb4_z.jpg

Stopped in at another pawn shop on the way home for Easter and found these 2 movies on DVD.

Naruto Shippuden: The Movie
Bleach: Memories of Nobody

He wanted $2.50 each and I offered him $3 for the pair and he took it.

There was a stabbing at the pawnshop I go to. It happened awhile after I left too.

I never find anything good anyways. Every game they have is way over priced.

[quote name='maxpower0965']There was a stabbing at the pawnshop I go to. It happened awhile after I left too.

I never find anything good anyways. Every game they have is way over priced.[/QUOTE]

Well glad to see that I am not the only one who lives or has been to areas with shady looking pawnshops that I do not enter. lol

[quote name='maxpower0965']There was a stabbing at the pawnshop I go to. It happened awhile after I left too.

I never find anything good anyways. Every game they have is way over priced.[/QUOTE]

Damn...is everyone okay? That's scarey

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Damn...is everyone okay? That's scarey[/QUOTE]

Two were injured and one died at the hospital. Really sad because he was only 17. Good thing was the police found and arrested both suspects that were involved the same night.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Two were injured and one died at the hospital. Really sad because he was only 17. Good thing was the police found and arrested both suspects that were involved the same night.[/QUOTE]

That's terrible :whistle2:( At least they caught the offenders...
I wonder what could have caused it to escalate to violence

Really sad and scarey to here stuff like this happen so close to home. Here's what happened.

CLOVIS, NEW MEXICO -- On Saturday March 30, 2013 the Clovis Police Department responded to a public disturbance call in the 1300 block of Reid Street.

When CPD officers arrived they found three men had been victims of stabbing. Devin Saiz, 17, Jose Lopez, 23, and Havier Bara, 21, were taken to Plains Regional Medical Center with stab wounds.

17-year-old Saiz later died from his injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Later that day, 27-year-old Ricardo Sena and a 17-year-old female juvenile were arrested in connection with the case. Sena was arrested for an open count of murder and and taken to the Curry County Adult Detention Center. The female juvenile was arrested for aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and is being held without bond at the Curry County Juvenile Detention Center.

CPD and 9th Judicial District Major Crimes Unit are investigating the crime

Pretty epic pawn shop pick up. $25 total

The highlights are:
Zelda OOT
Majora's mask
CIB banjo kazooie
The Jetson's (SNES)

2013-04-18_18-13-49_724_zps8b7b17e0.jpg

Picked Up 15 XBOX games for $1 each and all were complete except two:
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Whacked
Halo
Atari Anthology
Sid Meiers Pirates
Dungeons and Dragons Heroes
Lego Star Wars The video game (no manual)
Fuzion Frenzy
Voodoo Vince (no manual)
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic The Sith Lords
Gun
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
The Elder's Scroll Morrowind Platinum Hits
Bard's Tale

Game Boy Advance Cart Only
Castlevania: circle of the moon $3
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance $3
Yu-Gi-Oh Ultimate Masters $3
Pokemon Leaf Green $4
Mario Kart Super Circuit $4

DS cart only
Sands of Destruction $8
Mario VS Donkey Kong $1
Sonic Rush Adventure $1
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney $5
Kirby Canvas Curse $8 (included case but no manual)

Madden 13 ps3 (disc only) $10
Hitman Absolution (disc only) $15
Limbo Trial Combo $10
Mario Kart x2 $10 each
Silent Hill 3 ps2 $2 complete
Left 4 dead 2 $6
Monopoly Wii $6

PS2 6 for $10 (mostly disc only)
Final Fantasy X
Onimusha Demon Siege (case included)
Soul Calibur 3
Resident Evil 4
Black (instructions included)
Twisted Metal: Black (complete)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Game cube) $3 complete
Spyro Enter the Dragon (Game Cube) $4 complete

Radiant Mythology Tales of the World PSP (game only) $3

Gameboy Cart only
Soccer Mania $2
Street Racer $2
Yoshi $2
Micromachines $2

^^ Nice finds. Makes me wonder though, if you picked up xbox games for $1 each.

Does that mean the pawn shop buys xbox games for like $0.50 each? Lol

[quote name='Artrigis']^^ Nice finds. Makes me wonder though, if you picked up xbox games for $1 each.

Does that mean the pawn shop buys xbox games for like $0.50 each? Lol[/QUOTE]

the pawn shop owner said they got in as a lot from a pawner and it included a xbox with 3 controllers.. he was selling the xbox with controllers and ten games for $50. all the games are in really good shape and a few of them had microsoft employee purchase stickers on them. they had more games left over but they were sports and some recon games..

also today i found a complete ncaa basketball 10 for ps3 for $9 and naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 for $8. i believe they priced mistake the naruto off the older naruto games. i had some other good finds ill mention later..

One of the pawn shops I go to gives $5 per game so I was finally able to unload duke nukem, crossworDS, steel diver, trigger 3ds, chaotic warrior, mag, red steel 2, Jeanne darc, but they would not take dj hero, quotient 2 for psp or vancouver 2010.. $

Last edited by a moderator:
More pawnshop finds from today..

XBOX
Star Wars Republic Commando $4
Star Wars Battlefront (complete) $2
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (complete) $20

XBOX 360
Left for dead 2 $7.50

PS3
NCAA Basketball 2010 (sealed) $20
UFC 3 x2 $7.50

Vita
Mortal Kombat $6

PSP Harvest Moon: Here of Leaf Valley $5

DS Puyopop Fever $6

Gameboy cart only for $20
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Legend 3
Megaman Dr Wiley Revenge
Super Mario Land
Pokemon Trading Card Game
MS. Pac Man

Wii
Monster Hunter Tri $5
Tales of Symphonia $11
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $15

Other Pick Ups from Game Stop
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn x2
Walk it Out (Complete) being shipped
Lips Party Hits (Complete) being shipped

Games below are free from a random customer at GS who couldnt trade in the games because they were no value or couldnt take them like ps1 games. He had a stack of very minty and complete ps2 games and just wanted cash from GS. I wanted to offer him more but i didnt want to be a douche at GS.
PS1
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Complete and Mint)

PS2
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
Ace Combat 4
NFL 2k3
Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty
Kengo: Master of Bushido

Last edited by a moderator:
Real envious of you guys, the Pawn Shops around here have all taken to searching eBay and Gamestop, which is bullshit since they expect to make as much as they do when on eBay you have to eat fees/gamestop gives you more than the $1 they give for video games :roll:

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Real envious of you guys, the Pawn Shops around here have all taken to searching eBay and Gamestop, which is bullshit since they expect to make as much as they do when on eBay you have to eat fees/gamestop gives you more than the $1 they give for video games :roll:[/QUOTE]

as someone who just spent his day off going on a game hunt, I feel the pain.

Can we throw Half Price Books in there too? 3 copies of Windwaker for $60 a piece, a copy of Tales of Symphonia for $70. Vagrant Story complete and all messed up- $45. SOTN guide all messed up - $70

Given how bloated their game sections are getting, I see clearance sales in HPB's game selling future. Why try to trick people with shitty prices and get one sucker a month to buy those, than to price them decently and move volume.

as for the rest, their inventory is all sports and shitty no-name games, a sure sign they're selling the good stuff online.

Maybe the collector:ebayer ratio they get at their stores is like 1:100, but as a collector, I'd buy stuff even at online prices in-store, if I could physically check the game out first. Saves time F5ing and checking daily for a cheaper price.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']as someone who just spent his day off going on a game hunt, I feel the pain.

Can we throw Half Price Books in there too? 3 copies of Windwaker for $60 a piece, a copy of Tales of Symphonia for $70. Vagrant Story complete and all messed up- $45. SOTN guide all messed up - $70

Given how bloated their game sections are getting, I see clearance sales in HPB's game selling future. Why try to trick people with shitty prices and get one sucker a month to buy those, than to price them decently and move volume.

as for the rest, their inventory is all sports and shitty no-name games, a sure sign they're selling the good stuff online.

My 1/2 books isn't that bad. No games over 29.99 but the problem is almost all the games are that price such as Duke Nukem Forever. Madden 12 and 13 etc. There is no rhyme or reason to their price structure. They just had a Super Mario Bros Wii for $15. I already have one so didn't grab it. Not alot of steals there anymore...:cry:

[quote name='Bing147']I get solid deals at some half price books stores. Just depends on which one.[/QUOTE]

same here and despite my bitching, I can't resist going in to look when I pass one. but I would buy about 5x more if they priced good stuff reasonably vs. hoping they missed something.

They definitely don't have standardized pricing techniques.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']as someone who just spent his day off going on a game hunt, I feel the pain.

Maybe the collector:ebayer ratio they get at their stores is like 1:100, but as a collector, I'd buy stuff even at online prices in-store, if I could physically check the game out first. Saves time F5ing and checking daily for a cheaper price.[/QUOTE]

I went to two Half-Price Books when I visited California (Concord and Berkeley) for GDC and they both had absolutely miniscule game sections - nothing even close to bloated. I'd seen the stores hyped up on this site, so I figured they must have a decent selection. I was pretty disappointed to say the least. I did find some killer deals on rare PC games at both stores - maybe you guys need to brush up on your PC flips? Also, I got a brand new Tomb Raider Anniversary guide for $8. In the end, the prices seemed pretty reasonable but the selection of games was terrible.

Got the following for $25 from a place in Sunbury, PA called Brayden's:

- Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past Four Swords & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team for GBA, cart only
- Spectre for SNES, cart only
- God Hand for PS2, complete

bread's done
Back