Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

sorry if this is not Pawn Shop related but it is guide related and you guys have been talking about guides...

I was curious on how much Half-Priced Books gives people for game guides because either the store donates them or some hoarder is cleaning out the Local Bestbuys of penny guides and selling them to them because there are literly stacks of some of the penny guides from bestbuy and they turn around and slap a price tag of $5.99-8.99 on them.

Saw some pretty old PS2 RPG guides at this location though but really did not want to fork out the $8.99 each on them...

Pawnshop godness

Bioshock $8.00
Lost Odyssey $19.99
Ace combat 6 $15.00

I hit them about onece a month and find all sort of good stuff.

On monday I bought a giant CD collection at a pawn shop for $300. It had 270 CD's all in excellent condition. It was mostly Rock/Metal/Classic rock with a few newer country albums thrown in. All told it should go for $700-800 on secondspin.com or possibly trade for $1000-ish at FYE.

[quote name='thack']On monday I bought a giant CD collection at a pawn shop for $300. It had 270 CD's all in excellent condition. It was mostly Rock/Metal/Classic rock with a few newer country albums thrown in. All told it should go for $700-800 on secondspin.com or possibly trade for $1000-ish at FYE.[/quote]

Hey, I'd probably be interested in a good deal of your CD's. If you ever get around to making a list, LMK and I'll take some off your hands

[quote name='lolwut?']Hey, I'd probably be interested in a good deal of your CD's. If you ever get around to making a list, LMK and I'll take some off your hands[/quote]

Same here. I have over 900, and I'm only looking to expand that even more! :D

I got a call from the pawn shop on monday tellign me that a bag of SNES games had come in. I went on my lunch break on Tuesday and the guy showed them to me and asked how much I woudl give him for them, total there were 16 games mostly crap, I saw a copy of Kirby's dreamland 3, then Tetris and Dr. Mario, Then....EARTHBOUND!!! I offfered $40(I didnt want to rip him off)

I got hom and the Tetris and Dr. Mario is broken(the actual gameboard ahs a crack in it)

I went in the next day and bought a SNES with DKC,SMW and 2 sports games for $5, I then saw that it was a set I sold lasat year to a guy i work with for $25....nothing like getting my stuff back for less money then i sold it for!!

i have 2 pawn shops i hit everyweek adn they sometimes call me so far this year

gta iv for 10
halo3 for 10
oblivion 8.00
atleast 25 too 30 xbox and ps2 games for 3 dollars a piece

last week got halo 2 ce case for free, already had the game but not ce she just gave it too me

Made a pretty good Gamecube hit yesterday. Lowered all of the prices to $7.99 and got a $6 discount because I spent more than $50.

Zelda Collectors Edition
Zelda Windwaker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Wario World
Tetris Worlds

Plus picked up Halo 3 for $12.99, not including discount.

All in all, with discount, was around $50. Tennessee sales tax hits you hard.

went to 3 pawn shops today found 4 games

:gc:
Super smash bros melee
Tales of Symphonia
Animal crossing
Metroid prime

all complete, black label, 5 bucks each. though im not sure how rare TS is so i got it anyways. it was in mint condition

oh and i saw metal gear essential collection if that is rare..

too bad i didn't get to go to half of the pawn shops

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']I think ToS is worth 20 and MGS Essential Collection is $50[/quote]
What?
*orders a bunch off Amazon*

Got another like-new wavebird for $10. That's 3 I've found in the last 3 weeks for $25 total. One I traded to play N Trade for $20 credit.

Picked up the following at my local pawn shop over the weekend

Castlevania Symphony of the Night (black label complete) PSX
Digimon World 2 (missing instructions but included back casing) PSX
Soul Calibur (complete) Dreamcast
Zelda Wind Waker (black label complete)
Mario Kart double Dash (disc only)

The following cart only GBA and DS games:

New Super mario bros.
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics advance
Kingdom Hearts COM
Wario Ware mega micro games

total came to $35 out the door

Speaking of guides I have traded in a bout $200 worth of penny guides to this same pawn shop making a weekly drop of 20 guides per week over the summer. They gave me a buck a piece.

I picked up nearly 30 blu rays in two days from local pawn shops for a mere 125 bucks.

They were priced 5-6 bucks a piece.. all brand new ones too.

THE MIST

STARSHIP TROOPERS TRILOGY (10 FREAKING BUCKS!!!)

DRILLBIT TAYLOR

NIMS ISLAND

What happens in vegas

+24 more

Great freaking deal.. clerk had no idea they were different from DVD so they had them priced the same.. it was an insanely great 2 days :)

This is my first post, and since I have not had great luck in the past couple of weeks... I will list all the great and not so great finds I have made in the past few months, at my local pawn shops.

:ps2: ICO(Complete, Near Mint)- $5.35
:ps2: Time Crisis 3(Mint, Complete)- $5.35
:ps2: Fatal Frame II(Complete, Mint)- $10.70 :drool:
:gc: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker(No Manual)- $5.00
:xbox: Fatal Frame(Complete, Mint)_ $5.00
:ps2: Kingdom Hearts II(Complete, Some scratches)- $5.35
:gc: Super Mario Sunshine(No Manual)- $5.35

... an since my luck at the pawn shops has sucked so much in the past couple of weeks, I will list the only good deal I have found at the flea market.

:gc: Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes(Mint, Complete)- $15.00 :bouncy:

saturday i got for 5 bucks
fight night round 3
the godfather
spiderman 3
so i was happy 3 game for 5 plus 2 buger king games and a bunch of cases

Hit several shops

Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Sapphire
$15

Lost Oddyssey w/ Bonus Disc
$15

Force Unleashed
Mass Effect
Call of Duty 4
$50

Donkey Konga
Tetris Worlds (PS2)
Knights of the old Republic
$10

New Super Mario Bros-Cart
Nintendogs Lab & Friends-Cart
$15

I don't really plan on playing this one, but... I found a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for the xbox at a pawn shop for $8.00. I figured "what the hey" and grabbed it.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I don't really plan on playing this one, but... I found a Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for the xbox at a pawn shop for $8.00. I figured "what the hey" and grabbed it.[/quote] Good find.

The first dark alliance game was a really fun hack and slash game. One of my all time favorite games.

DAII dissapointed me. It was too short and had a bad story. I don't know why it goes for so much now.

I like older PS1 games, and came upon a copy of Pool Hustler for $1.20 total with tax. It is complete, game has very few scratches, and the case looks brand new.
Looks like on ebay and amazon its selling for $7-15.

Do you think it will be hard to sell?

Today I went to my favorite pawn shop and found...

$5.35- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes(very good shape)

$5.35- Resident Evil: Zero(discs & manual in very good shape, case is a little beat up)

$5.35- Resident Evil(discs in very good shape, case, manual & artwork is beat up)

I find it strange that I can look for a game like "Twin Snakes" for months, and then I find two copies in three weeks. I wish my luck were more consistent.

[quote name='darkslime']Good find.

The first dark alliance game was a really fun hack and slash game. One of my all time favorite games.

DAII dissapointed me. It was too short and had a bad story. I don't know why it goes for so much now.[/quote]

I think it was one of the last games released by Interplay before they went belly up. That may be why it goes for a bit. I just hope that if the license is still active, that Bethesda doesn't end up making the third part of the series(if there EVER is one that is), since I'm sure they'll make it some first person shitfest like Oblivion.

Unless the next game in the series were done like the other two, I'd steer clear.

I'm definitely into this pawn shop business. Here it goes...
Conker's Bad Fur Day - $2
Sega MultiMega w/ Sonic 2, Sonic+Knuckles, Comix Zone, Aaaah! Real Monsters - $20
Call of Duty 4 (360) - $15
Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN) - $8 (x2)
Super Mario Bros. 3 - $1
Mario Party 3 - $3
Silent Hill 3 - $8
Zelda: Majora's Mask - $4
as well as a number of other items.

Is that really necessary to post?

I walked by a bagel shop the other day, I was going to get a locks bagel but passed on it.
Also, today I was going to grab a coffee at Starbucks but decided not to.

[quote name='yukine']Is that really necessary to post?

I walked by a bagel shop the other day, I was going to get a locks bagel but passed on it.
Also, today I was going to grab a coffee at Starbucks but decided not to.[/quote]
No, SegaSonic is a legend here on this thread and its fun to see what he finds. Your post was very unnecessary. Don't be a dick.

Anyways, i found a 360 Wireless Controller for 7$ today.

[quote name='KysarKills']No, SegaSonic is a legend here on this thread and its fun to see what he finds. Your post was very unnecessary. Don't be a dick.

Anyways, i found a 360 Wireless Controller for 7$ today.[/QUOTE]

Wow. It's nice to see the newbie taking care of business and talking smack. I for one am glad to hear what Segasonic finds, but don't really care to read his opinions about Zelda. We know he doesn't like it, and that's ok. He doesn't need to keep rampling about it, IMO.

Thanks, Kysarkills.

yourlefthand-i see what you mean, but did my post really hurt anything? If you don't wanna read about my bashing on Zelda, then don't read it or put me on your ignore list.

I haven't actually been seriously pawn hopping lately because I've been low on funds. These lastest finds are just from going to one of the 4 pawn shops that are closest to me. Hopefully next week I can actually go pawn hopping & find some really good stuff. I bet the local hoarder is having a field day with me MIA.

bread's done
Back