Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Went back and saw they found the reciver for the wavebird (only 1 was left. Brought it home but the reciever wont light up. Sad day

Grabbed Halo ODST and Modnation Racers for $10 each.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']Went back and saw they found the reciver for the wavebird (only 1 was left. Brought it home but the reciever wont light up. Sad day

Grabbed Halo ODST and Modnation Racers for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

check Ebay for receivers, they are cross compatible just set the channels to the same numbers.

I can say, without a single fucking doubt in my mind, Battle Creek MI has the absolute worst prospects for finding a video game. There is a comic/game/music/movie store (that technically qualifies as a "pawn shop") a mile or so away, and had like 3 copied of God of War Collection on their shelf for at least 5 months. I was in there last week seeing if they happened to have DJ Hero 2, and still saw the 3 GoWCs sitting there. I went in there today to pick one up, figuring $15 for that game isn't bad, and low and fucking behold, all 3 copies have been sold in 4 days after having sat there for half a year. I cant wait to move out of this shithole town...

There is a local chain here that has a couple locations, I will not mention the name here but they are OVERPRICED, they have games that you can get on ebay for $5 shipped for like $20 or more. When I went in there there were tons of people shopping in there and buying stuff which is even more sad. They also put tons of stickers on their games like GS does. Their prices are the exact same as Gamestop or higher as far as I can tell (I am better off shopping at GS if I have to since you can occasionally find a deal in there). I checked the online reviews for the store and people raved about them having good prices, as if no one in my area has discovered online shopping for video games. I heard a rumor that there is a Play N Trade in my area, I would bother to check them out but its a bit out of my way and I have a feeling I know what I will find when I get there, overpriced games!!!

[quote name='sp00ge']Found a white DSi for $50 today. I tested it out and anytime you try to run a program/game, it says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nntendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Regardless, I offered him $25 and I would take a chance trying to fix it, and he accepted. Now to figure out what is going on.[/QUOTE]

I am sure you can get a lot more than $25 for a broken DSi system on ebay. Heck I got $40 for a broken DS Lite over the holidays with a messed up top screen. Even if the software is messed up people will still buy it for parts especially if both screens are intact.

I would also suggest calling Nintendo and checking to see if the system is still under warranty, they might just fix it or replace it for free for you.

[quote name='SaraAB']I am sure you can get a lot more than $25 for a broken DSi system on ebay. Heck I got $40 for a broken DS Lite over the holidays with a messed up top screen. Even if the software is messed up people will still buy it for parts especially if both screens are intact.

I would also suggest calling Nintendo and checking to see if the system is still under warranty, they might just fix it or replace it for free for you.[/QUOTE]

I already registered it online and it said the warranty is expired :cry:.

Hit the pawn shop again today and picked up Star Wars: TFU Sith Edition :ps3: for $10 and a complete black label Shadow of the Colossus for $2.

I was just fucking around in Kalamazoo MI today (I live 20 some-odd miles away in Battle Creek MI), and stopped by a pawn shop I know of there. I had nothing planned for picking up, but I damn-near orgasmed when I saw this. I was inspired by the eargasmic sound of DJ Mixes when I first played DJ Hero in 2009, and has been something I wanted to get into for the past couple years, and my dreams were answered when I found a brand new MP3/iPod turntable mixer. Here is a link, and I found it for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Merkury-Innov...62MW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1300732581&sr=8-8

Obviously, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like a $600 station, but it's great to practice on. maybe in 10 years when I master DJing and make it big, I'll auction this off
wink_emoticon.bmp

Last edited by a moderator:
Pelican Real Arcade Universal Stick for 15 and a copy of Gran Turismo 5 for 10. Only bought them since I figured I could sell them for more. I did try GT5 out to see if I liked it but meh. Not a fan of those types of racing games.

Ran across RE code veronica for $5 but didnt grab it. after checking ebay... (facepalm) hopefully its still there. Also came across several copies of KOTOR, might grab one.

Also, (don't hit me!) i now remember that last month they had RE from zero to 4 at the store. Shoulda grabbed all of them. Do'h

Got Conkers Bad Fur Day for $5.30 today, label is in good shape, case has lots of mini nicks only visible if you zoom in on it, back label is good shape and a slight marker mark on the front away from the label.

i was looking for slim ps2s everywhere but theres no good deals on it. cash america pawn is selling it for $35, good deal? other than that, i have not seen a single ps2 going for $20 on craigslist.

[quote name='david12795']i was looking for slim ps2s everywhere but theres no good deals on it. cash america pawn is selling it for $35, good deal? other than that, i have not seen a single ps2 going for $20 on craigslist.[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, some guy in my area is selling 6 original Xbox's and 6 original PS2s for $20 each. If it was a slim, I'd be all over it.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']I was just fucking around in Kalamazoo MI today (I live 20 some-odd miles away in Battle Creek MI), and stopped by a pawn shop I know of there. I had nothing planned for picking up, but I damn-near orgasmed when I saw this. I was inspired by the eargasmic sound of DJ Mixes when I first played DJ Hero in 2009, and has been something I wanted to get into for the past couple years, and my dreams were answered when I found a brand new MP3/iPod turntable mixer. Here is a link, and I found it for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Merkury-Innov...62MW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1300732581&sr=8-8

Obviously, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles like a $600 station, but it's great to practice on. maybe in 10 years when I master DJing and make it big, I'll auction this off
wink_emoticon.bmp
[/QUOTE]

Im not gonna lie, that does look kinda cool

today i got these:

Darksiders 360 $9.99
Bioshock 2 360 $11.99

not great deals but i've been waiting to come across these games for cheap

I just scored a complete copy of Final Fantasy III (6) for the SNES for $29.

Came with the map, instructions, game and box. I feel like I got a good deal on this one.

[quote name='sp00ge']Hit the pawn shop again today and picked up Star Wars: TFU Sith Edition :ps3: for $10[/QUOTE]

local pawn shop in town here has had one of those for 2-3 months for $39.99 used :lol:

I Found these @ a local Pawn Shop, dudes I lucked out!! Got them all (4) for $50.00 no tax. (perfect boxes, manuals, games. & one of them, is still in it's rapper. it's brand new) Winning!

m97rqv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fullhavok']I Found these @ a local Pawn Shop, dudes I lucked out!! Got them all (4) for $50.00 no tax. (perfect boxes, manuals, games. & one of them, is still in it's rapper. it's brand new) Winning!
[/QUOTE]

Which rapper is it in? I'm guessing Big Pun as he was fat enough to take it.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I just scored a complete copy of Final Fantasy III (6) for the SNES for $29.

Came with the map, instructions, game and box. I feel like I got a good deal on this one.[/QUOTE]

Complete in Box for a cart-only price--now there's one of my favorite kind of deals :)

[quote name='moop2001']Which rapper is it in? I'm guessing Big Pun as he was fat enough to take it.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i was waiting to see if someone caught that. hahahaha "touché"!

:ps3:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II= $14.99
:ps3:Ghostbusters: The Video Game= $10.00(no tax)
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction= $10.00(no tax)

earthbound.jpg

Secred of Evermore x2 (1 pictured, gave the other to a friend)
Kid Icarus w/ manual (not pictured)
Illusion of Gaia
Final Fight
Earthbound
Punisher
Armagon

$1.99 each :)

[quote name='Segasonic01']Its up for trade if anyone wants it.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you a brand new sealed Great Waldo Search for the SNES. Good deal, right? I know.

The value pawn in Sandford has games for $6.00 xbox 360 and ps3, I picked up black sheep blu ray and bad company for PS3 for $10 cash, love pawnshops

I picked up a magenta DSi for $60 today. To my surprise, it also had a copy of Super Mario 64 in it! The same place has a gold Zelda edition DS lite for $60, so I may go back tomorrow to pick it up, since I just saw it's going for $120ish on Amazon.

I love the local pawn shop. We are on pretty good terms with the owner, so he cuts us some great deals.

Over the past 3 weeks, I've scored:

• A magenta DSi for $60
  • Zelda Edition DS Lite for $60
  • A Washburn 5-String Bantam Bass for $120 (Like this one here, except with a Black Pearl finish)
  • Super Mario Galazy 2 for $15
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (that happened to have a disc-only copy of New Super Mario Wii in the case as well) for $15.
  • GTA 4 and God of War 3 (Both disc only) for $2.50/ea
  • Shift Armored Leather Motorcycle Jacket for $40
  • HJC Motorcycle helmet for $25

I recently went to a few pawn shops and got a few games.
Snes games 1$ each
super black bass
top gear
star fox

2$ each w/ plastic rental case and instructions
top gear (forgot I bought the day before)
super starwars empire strikes back
super double dragon
street fighter 2
robocop vs terminator
joe and mac
dragons lair
desert strike
sim city (no inst)

n64 games 1$ each
conkers bad fur day (label tore)
banjo kazooie
rampage world tour (w/ box& instructions) 5$

Sega game gear with case, all accessories, and 12 games for 10$

nes games 1$ each
jaws
super mario 2

nes Games 5$ each w/ boxes and instructions (would not budge on price)
castlevania 2
GIjoe atlantis factor
GIjoe
Legacy of the wizard
defender of the crown
rescue

are N64 and nes games worth 5$ each with box and instructions? they had a few more left.

[quote name='p5ych0']I recently went to a few pawn shops and got a few games.
Snes games 1$ each
super black bass
top gear
star fox

2$ each w/ plastic rental case and instructions
top gear (forgot I bought the day before)
super starwars empire strikes back
super double dragon
street fighter 2
robocop vs terminator
joe and mac
dragons lair
desert strike
sim city (no inst)

n64 games 1$ each
conkers bad fur day (label tore)
banjo kazooie
rampage world tour (w/ box& instructions) 5$

Sega game gear with case, all accessories, and 12 games for 10$

nes games 1$ each
jaws
super mario 2

nes Games 5$ each w/ boxes and instructions (would not budge on price)
castlevania 2
GIjoe atlantis factor
GIjoe
Legacy of the wizard
defender of the crown
rescue

are N64 and nes games worth 5$ each with box and instructions? they had a few more left.[/QUOTE]

I dunno about some of the others, but those two G.I. Joe games could be worth good money CIB.

Nothing spectacular, but I picked up a Genesis with a 32X attached to it. Had all the cables and everything -- even had the plastic piece that goes between the 32X and the Genesis. I guess this means I can get rid of my other two 32Xs that don't have any cables. Woohoo!

Man, maybe I'm just in the wrong area for pawn shops, but the first time I walked into the one near my house, I saw a Genesis on the shelf behind the counter with Sonic 1. Schmuck was asking $80 for it.

Walked out, haven't been back since. I have better luck at garage sales and auctions anyway.

bread's done
Back