Tales from the Pawn Shop(s)!

Picked up the following for just under $80:

I started browsing the SNES games but only a few were non-sports, and grabbed the two worth picking up. Saw the Xbox games and got excited, then the PS2 games were buy 3, get 1 free. The empty xbox case had Battlefront 2 in it, but I was disappointed when I got home and saw it was the PS2 version.

Outside the pawn shop they were having a clearance/yard sale type thing, picked up the following for $10:

Nothing exciting here, wanted the PS2 cases and the NES games for a system I am selling soon.

When I got home I realized they forgot to give me the disc for Final Fantasy XI, so I went back today and grabbed it and also found these for $25:

Definitely a lot more expensive than yard sale prices, but still a good haul.

Picked up this Pokemon bundle for $25 + tax:

Also some other notable grabs lately from various pawns (sorry for the lack of pics):
Super Mario World + Allstars $10
Super Ghouls N Ghosts $5
Donkey Kong Country 2 $5.xx
Contra 3 $5.xx
Super Mario Allstars $5.xx
Knights of the Old Republic 2 $10

Found a pawn shop that gives $2 for Genesis and $3 for Gamecube/Xbox games, which may not be much, but they gave me that for some old sports games I was looking to unload. I was going to donate them to Goodwill but I thought I'd check and I'm glad I did, they definitely overpaid ($3 each for NFL 2k3, NBA 2k3, and MLB 2k5!).

Picked up Assassins Creed 1 CE, Soulcalibur IV Premium Edition and Resistance 2 CE all for $15 - all items included, unused DLC codes as well!

What's better is I just bought Radiant Historia (the original with music CD) from EBay for $40 - it was advertised as Like New but the outer case smelt like cigarette smoke so I left negative feedback and asked for a partial refund or return. The guy gave me back $30! It's too bad about the outer case but everything else is perfect and the soundtrack is still sealed.

I don't think you can change a negative feedback. You should've left a neutral feedback because the scent of an item like a game case doesn't really warrant a negative feedback, they're real killers when it comes to a seller's reputation. :whistle2:#

Cigarette smoke would be a dealbreaker for me and i'm sure a lot of other people. not mentioning that is as bad as not mentioning a tear in the front cover or water damage, to me, at least.

Some items can have the smell removed over time and some are just so saturated that it will always stink. I always mention in my auctions non-smoking household and no kids.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Did you change your feedback at least?[/QUOTE]

I did, he was nice enough in communication and $30 was a lot more partial than I'd expected

I used to live in Tampa and pawn shopped once a week. This was before I had competition 6 or 7 years ago. I would usually end up with nice hauls but as I have had more competition, I would find less and less. I now go out there every few months and hit a few pawns but its never like it was. I used to have several places (stores / thrifts / pawns / flea markets) I used to have good finds at but I told other CAGs about most of them when I left for Orlando. Thankfully, a few of my places don't seem to have been discovered yet so I still end up with finds there

[quote name='Otherguy676']I used to live in Tampa and pawn shopped once a week. This was before I had competition 6 or 7 years ago. I would usually end up with nice hauls but as I have had more competition, I would find less and less. I now go out there every few months and hit a few pawns but its never like it was. I used to have several places (stores / thrifts / pawns / flea markets) I used to have good finds at but I told other CAGs about most of them when I left for Orlando. Thankfully, a few of my places don't seem to have been discovered yet so I still end up with finds there[/QUOTE]

I say you let me in on some of these places whenever you leave :lol:

Just picked up a nice lot of NES games at the local pawn.
The manager has been telling me there's a box of Nintendo games in the back for a month. finally got him to look into pulling them on sat.
Just cherry picked what was there, will probably go back Friday (payday) and pick up most of what I left

All for $25

2012-05-29_13-57-41_488.jpg

List:

The legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link: Zelda II
Faxanadu
CastleVania
Wizards & Warriors
Adventure Island
Ninja Gaiden
Metal Gear
Pinball
Bubble Bobble
Rygar
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Platoon
and a 3 in 1 cart that has super mario, duck hunt, & world class track meet.
Never seen an Nintendo cart with three games on it.

It's a shame not many people on here get good deals at pawn shops. I get most of my best stuff at pawn shops.

Recently I picked up a Sega Saturn with a regular and the 3d controller for $25 along with three complete games at 2 bucks a piece.
Also picked up

Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time With Master Quest
got all 3 for $9.

Had a decent day today:

Super Mario Sunshine complete
Pokemon Ruby GBA
Total: $18

XBOX Doom 3
XBOX Conker Live & Reloaded disc only
XBOX Star Wars Republic Commando disc only
SNES Maximum Carnage
NES Tecmo Super Bowl
N64 Expansion Pack
Total: $33

I also saw a teal 1019 memory cube for Gamecube with the Gameshark logo on it. Anyone know more about this? I can't really find it online. The closest thing I can find is on amazon, kind of hard to see:

31K0AX0FZ1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Gamecube-Game...9LJC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338418969&sr=8-3

Only one seller and who knows if it would sell at that; all they had was the card for $10.

8xkhu0.jpg

$10 each at a local EZ Pawn. Don't know if all EZ Pawns dropped all ps3 games to $10, but this one did. Already have a copy of COD:MW3, but couldn't pass on one for 10. Figure I can flip it for $30 easy. Toy Story 3 and Marvel Superhero Squad for the kiddos, and Watchmen totally had the blu ray movie in the case. I consider this a pretty good score.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']
8xkhu0.jpg

$10 each at a local EZ Pawn. Don't know if all EZ Pawns dropped all ps3 games to $10, but this one did. Already have a copy of COD:MW3, but couldn't pass on one for 10. Figure I can flip it for $30 easy. Toy Story 3 and Marvel Superhero Squad for the kiddos, and Watchmen totally had the blu ray movie in the case. I consider this a pretty good score.[/QUOTE]

YMMV when it comes to them. I have 3 of them in my town and 2 of them do sell PS3/360 games for $9.99 but the one closest to me sells them for $14.99. I'm also in Texas, Lubbock.

One of my local ones had that Madden 12 on PS3 for $10 as well, but I passed on it. Nice finds getting Arkham City and MW3 for $10 each.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']YMMV when it comes to them. I have 3 of them in my town and 2 of them do sell PS3/360 games for $9.99 but the one closest to me sells them for $14.99. I'm also in Texas, Lubbock.

One of my local ones had that Madden 12 on PS3 for $10 as well, but I passed on it. Nice finds getting Arkham City and MW3 for $10 each.[/QUOTE]

Last time I had gone into one, they still had all the games individually priced based on market value. I had no idea they had gone to a flat rate for games. I know where I'll be looking now.

[quote name='Pyloric']Yep, all of my local pawn shops price according to eBay. >.>[/QUOTE]

Which makes no sense to me! If I want Modern Warfare 3, I'm not going to hit several pawn shops until I find it. I'm going to eBay or Gamestop.

[quote name='AllFrankedUp']
8xkhu0.jpg

$10 each at a local EZ Pawn. Don't know if all EZ Pawns dropped all ps3 games to $10, but this one did. Already have a copy of COD:MW3, but couldn't pass on one for 10. Figure I can flip it for $30 easy. Toy Story 3 and Marvel Superhero Squad for the kiddos, and Watchmen totally had the blu ray movie in the case. I consider this a pretty good score.[/QUOTE]

Wow! MW3 is $39.99 at my local EZ pawn

I finally found some decent deals after a very long dry spell.

:ps1: Clock Tower= $4.99
:ps2: .hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth= $4.99
:ps2: .hack//G.U. Vol. 2//Reminisce= $4.99
:ps2: Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis= $4.99

The Wall Live: Pink Floyd: 1980-81: Double CD= $2.00

They also had Wild Arms 4 & Suikoden IV, but they were in very bad shape.

Modest find today, for about $21:

Silent Hill Downpour (marked $8.99, was surprised)
Super Mario Bros 3
Castlevania x2
Castlevania III
The Battle of Olympus
Dragon Warrior

Snagged a red 3DS for $50 yesterday. Wasn't until later that I found out it had both an R4i 3DS card and a 2GB SD card in it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Tsel']Snagged a red 3DS for $50 yesterday. Wasn't until later that I found out it had both an R4i 3DS card and a 2GB SD card in it. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn...nice. man. Lucky Lucky Lucky.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnnn...nice. man. Lucky Lucky Lucky.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. It was originally marked $130, but the guy walked over to his computer, came back and said he'd do $100. I was like, eh, I don't think so. He drops all the way down to $65, which I should've taken, but I countered with $50 and he said no problem. The extras left in there were just icing on the cake.

I wasn't even going to get a 3DS for a long time considering there aren't too many games out that interest me, but for $50, I couldn't say no.

[quote name='Tsel']Definitely. It was originally marked $130, but the guy walked over to his computer, came back and said he'd do $100. I was like, eh, I don't think so. He drops all the way down to $65, which I should've taken, but I countered with $50 and he said no problem. The extras left in there were just icing on the cake.

I wasn't even going to get a 3DS for a long time considering there aren't too many games out that interest me, but for $50, I couldn't say no.[/QUOTE]

That's CRAZY lucky! That pawn shop must be having a bad day/week/month cause I have NEVER gotten them to drop something that low.

[quote name='Cmosfm']That's CRAZY lucky! That pawn shop must be having a bad day/week/month cause I have NEVER gotten them to drop something that low.[/QUOTE]

I felt like I was robbing them. I was actually like "You could do $50? O_O" He's like "Well, yeah, because since we priced this, it's had a price drop."

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 $10
Timesplitters Future Perfect $5
We Love Katamari $5
Champions Return to Arms $5
Captain America and The Avengers $5

Picked up the following for $30 at an ebay-priced pawn shop. It's always fun getting what slips through the cracks.

[quote name='SnesGuy']
and a 3 in 1 cart that has super mario, duck hunt, & world class track meet.
Never seen an Nintendo cart with three games on it.[/QUOTE]
This was packaged with the Powerpad NES bundle.

Pretty great day:

NHL Stanley Cup Complete in Box (SNES): 3.00 (took a chance as it is CIB, can be had for 5.00 shipped on eBay so meh. I'll keep it)
Connect 4 Handheld: .50 (cheapest on EBay BIN is 6.99 so not bad)
Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Indigo Prophecy, Psi Ops, Beyond Good and Evil, Killer 7: 3.00 each (guy asked 4, I countered with 3 if I bought at least 5 and he said okay. Passed on some good games as I'm broke right now... got my favorites though. Really excited to play Okami and Indigo Prophecy, never played either)
Disney Scene It Complete: 3.00
Wall E and the Incredibles on Blu Ray: 6.00 each (find of the day, cheapest Incredibles on eBay is 27.00! I'm keeping these two though, need them)

Ran by my local Cash America Pawn (never find anything there) and low and behold I find a bunch of stuff.

Got all of the following for ~$20
- Mortal Kombat II - SNES
- The Legend Of Zelda - A Link to the Past - SNES
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - N64
- Castlevania 64 - N64
- The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords - GBA
- Yoshi's Cookie - NES
- Cyber Stadium Series Base Wars - NES (Cover looked cool)
- Maniac Mansion - NES (Been wanting to get this again since I sold it)
- Ninja Gaiden - NES
- Metroid Prime - Gamecube - Complete
- Metroid Prime 2 Echos - Gamecube - Complete

I was just going to buy the Metroid games, Ocarina of Time 3D (9.99), Four Swords, and Kingdom Hearts RE Chain of Memories PS2(1.99). But noticed a box FULL of cartridges behind the counter. I may go back tomorrow when they open and pick through the rest, as they were closing down when I was there. Still had some decent ones left I needed to look through. What I thought was funny is that they had some SNES games out in their display case, however they were all generic, worthless sports titles, so I got to pick through some good stuff.

Now I just need to find a cheap N64..... F!

[quote name='Monoxide1986'] But noticed a box FULL of cartridges behind the counter. I may go back tomorrow when they open and pick through the rest, as they were closing down when I was there. Still had some decent ones left I needed to look through. What I thought was funny is that they had some SNES games out in their display case, however they were all generic, worthless sports titles, so I got to pick through some good stuff.

Now I just need to find a cheap N64..... F![/QUOTE]

Yea that happens to me too. I have to ask about cartridge games, and they whip out a box from behind the counter. At this point they call me most of the time though haha. I always clear them out on payday.

Last time I got close to 50 NES games for about $40

[quote name='SnesGuy']Yea that happens to me too. I have to ask about cartridge games, and they whip out a box from behind the counter. At this point they call me most of the time though haha. I always clear them out on payday.

Last time I got close to 50 NES games for about $40[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were selling them at $2 each. I am going back tomorrow to pick through the rest for sure.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Yeah, they were selling them at $2 each. I am going back tomorrow to pick through the rest for sure.[/QUOTE]

Went back today and picked up the following for $10.
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy - N64
- Mortal Kombat - Sub Zero - N64
- Toe Jam and Earl In Panic on Funkatron - Genesis
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Genesis

Nothing great, but stopped by the pawn and picked up a crap DS game, and some game boy advance games for $1 each, and pack man (original game boy) for $0.50.

I NEVER find gameboy games for sale anywhere. So I was happy.

Been in a dry spell lately, these are from last week. Paid just under $63 total:

NES
Jurassic Park 5.xx (with manual and an extremely nice label)
TMNT III Manhattan Project 5.xx
Battletoads 5.xx
Battletoads/Double Dragon 5.xx

SNES
Kirby Super Star 5.xx
Super Mario Kart 5.xx

Gamecube (only Gauntlet has manual)
Super Mario Sunshine 7.xx
Luigi's Mansion 7.xx
Zelda Four Swords 7.xx
Gauntlet Dark Legacy 7.xx

Highlight being Battletoads/Double Dragon, in very good shape too. It's pretty fun; the first two levels weren't too hard but the third one started to kick my ass. I probably overpaid on a couple of these.

Just picked up

Star Wars Rogue Sqaudron (Cart only) N64
NCAA BBall (Cart only) SNES
Destroy All Humans (CIB) PS2
Tony Hawk Underground (CIB) PS2
NES All Star Football (CIB!)

For $10

Decent?

Well picked up a pretty fine lot from my pawn today.

17 genesis carts (2 sonic & knuckles)

1 snes cart (yoshi safari)

28 N64 carts
(including 2 mario 64, 2 ocarina of time, 2 starfox 64, and turok 1 - 3, 2 castlevania)

AND god of war collection for PS3 all for $25

2012-07-09_17-15-39_631.jpg

2012-07-09_17-15-47_420.jpg

[quote name='SnesGuy']Well picked up a pretty fine lot from my pawn today.

17 genesis carts (2 sonic & knuckles)

1 snes cart (yoshi safari)

28 N64 carts
(including 2 mario 64, 2 ocarina of time, 2 starfox 64, and turok 1 - 3, 2 castlevania)

AND god of war collection for PS3 all for $25
[/QUOTE]

Wow really nice deal, congrats. Im surprised people are able to get deals like this from pawn shops. They should know better then to sell without researching right?

I live in a small town and its a new pawn shop.
They used to price at high end ebay prices, but couldn't sell it.
($20 for MK3 of genesis cart only?)
now they sell it to me for next to nothing. Even to the point of calling me when they get carts.

They still want way to much for consoles. ($50 for a model 2 genesis!)

but yea I should make a healthy profit flipping dupes, and make a large addition to my collection

edit - they also sell the ps3 games pretty high normaly, but my brother wanted it and he just threw it in. hes a pretty nice guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Picked this up from my local ebay priced pawn shop for $5. One of the rare sports game worth more than a nickel. Also picked up Sunset Riders and Super Mario Kart for SNES for $3/each the other day at a different pawn.

I was in a pawn shop in Coos Bay, OR around christmas time last year while visting my mom and her family there. Anyways I just got my First PS3 from amazon during last years black friday and was wanting to get MGS4. Anyways in the pawn shop they had a very gently used copy of MGS4. orginal case, orginal booklet and a MGS4 disc without a visable mark at all.

I snatched that ASAP. Other then no shrink wrap even I wouldn't be able to tell it was used.

There's one downside. Its Metal Gear Soild 4. ;)

Odd. MGS1 was good MGS2 was meh, MGS3 was great and MGS4 is just way to contrived. I know thats a MG staple but it just tries being so many things all at the same time. I'm still on the Sniper boss battle and haven't played it in months. I do know the ending and it just kinda all seems lackluster.

[quote name='Fire2box']I was in a pawn shop in Coos Bay, OR around christmas time last year while visting my mom and her family there. Anyways I just got my First PS3 from amazon during last years black friday and was wanting to get MGS4. Anyways in the pawn shop they had a very gently used copy of MGS4. orginal case, orginal booklet and a MGS4 disc without a visable mark at all.

I snatched that ASAP. Other then no shrink wrap even I wouldn't be able to tell it was used.

There's one downside. Its Metal Gear Soild 4. ;)

Odd. MGS1 was good MGS2 was meh, MGS3 was great and MGS4 is just way to contrived. I know thats a MG staple but it just tries being so many things all at the same time. I'm still on the Sniper boss battle and haven't played it in months. I do know the ending and it just kinda all seems lackluster.[/QUOTE]

Necessary post? You found MGS 4, which you can easily get for $10-$15 anywhere at a pawn shop LAST CHRISTMAS and you post about it just to say you don't like the game? I think you're wrong and it's a great game personally, but regardless I don't understand the point of making the post just to hate on a game that you got 8 months ago that is dirt cheap anyway.

Got a copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 for 5.00. It was marked 7.99 but I noticed it had been there over 3 months so I asked if they would take 5.00 and they said yes.

bread's done
Back